Basics of gaining every skill (work in progress)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Basics of gaining every skill (work in progress)

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Yeah because afk fishing from the docks in either of those places is alot safer then being on a ship... :?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Added alternative (cheaper) tinker method thanks to giggity.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Because I often macroed overnight for 8 hours, or while I was at work for 8 hours, I found it better to just use newbie clothes (around 3 AR) and a chainmail tunic (around 13-16 AR, I think) to be all I needed to GM Stealth. If I was attending the macro, then yes I can see hitting GM quicker if I swapped outfits at the intervals you suggest. But for practical purposes, the skill raises pretty quickly and it might be quicker just to use those two clothing setups.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

You can actually stealth in up to 18 AR I added 1 point of AR for every 1.0 skill past 96, so

96-97=15AR
97-98=16AR
98-99=17AR
99-GM=18AR

It was slow as you like until I found that out, flew up the last 1.7. You dont fail, well rarely anyway and more AR = faster gain surely.
?

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Hiding and Tailoring aren't centered. Just a heads up.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Novemberman

Post by Novemberman »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I just meant that the "its ok to macro fish from land" rule is there to prevent deep-sea macroing, which could be quite the money maker.

i tried the $$$ docks for fishing and got up too 95 but never pulled one t-map .

i am sure i could of gmed from there at the cost of never pulling one t-map
Madz, Sea Wench, Cao cao - Fisherman
Myre - $$$ Member

click me https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4bb75af1c7cd4 click me

Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

Germ wrote:Matron,

For Camping it is best to lumberjack to tree for the wood, then cut the wood into kindling. You can get a lot more wood from the tree a lot more quickly that way.

Germ
Not true.

Using the carp menu to make kindling is very slow. You turn it to one kindling one at a time and there is a bout a three second wait between each piece.

For camping, I got a knife, opened razor , and made a macro that looked like:

"
Double click Knife
Click Rel Location (0,1) (A Spot right next to me where I could run around, and put a tree easily)
Double click Kindling
Double click Kindling

"

So, all it did , was used the knife to cut trees and get kindling, and then use the kindling. I ran around doing this in the forest keeping my kindling levels at around 290 stones the whole time. If you harvest some kindling before hand it gives you a lot of wiggle room, and you dont have to worry about being overweight, or running out. Super good times.

Esaule

Post by Esaule »

Update for Detect Hidden. I have been using Detect Hidden on a GM trapped chest from 0-86 and still gaining. Perhaps not the fastest way to gain, but definitely the cheapest so far.

scourgez

Post by scourgez »

is there anything to be added for remove trap?

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

scourgez wrote:is there anything to be added for remove trap?
just going to go ahead and say this remove trap is one of the most useless skill in the game. any dungeon chest you can pick with lockpicking and then take one step away via stealth and dbl click the chest to set it off and you will not die to the trap or take any damage this is only for dungeon chest and as far as tmap chest go you can just use telekinus on the box from a distance.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Caliban

Post by Caliban »

Esaule wrote:Update for Detect Hidden. I have been using Detect Hidden on a GM trapped chest from 0-86 and still gaining. Perhaps not the fastest way to gain, but definitely the cheapest so far.
Just go to Minoc bank and use detect hidden on the chests in the room at the back. 0-GM for free. From memory I think there are 9 chests in there so I guess that's 9x faster than using a single GM trapped chest.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Caliban wrote:
Esaule wrote:Update for Detect Hidden. I have been using Detect Hidden on a GM trapped chest from 0-86 and still gaining. Perhaps not the fastest way to gain, but definitely the cheapest so far.
Just go to Minoc bank and use detect hidden on the chests in the room at the back. 0-GM for free. From memory I think there are 9 chests in there so I guess that's 9x faster than using a single GM trapped chest.
the more boxs you have over 50 the better i had 300 something trapped boxes and once you can area detect at 50 i was getting like 1.0-5.0 in a single detect
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Bump for a good guide.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I believe it's faster to GM melee skills from a target with low melee skill. I have never timed two side by side, but I have used both methods and seen better results from using a llama all the way to GM, than using a paladin at high levels.

Brown bears are awesome, with 100 dex I have GMed melee skills in roughly 8 hours using a brown bear as a target. They have high natural AR that never breaks, so they require less healing than a paladin or fighter who's AR is going to break, too.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I just fielded Archery from 0 to GM and I honestly can't say I saw a significant difference in gains throughout the process, regarding what I was fighting.
I fought everything from mongbats to lich lords, EGs, yadda yadda, and I just simply got continual gains. There were brief bouts where I'd think 'Damn, it's been a few minutes without a gain' and next thing I know, I get two points in quick succession. I burned out the last 0.5 killing ettins, reapers and orcs.

I rocked a GM bow (crafted by Chuck) with brief periods of magic bows in between (for more serious battles).

I don't know how that compares to training to GM in one's home, so maybe it's just not as noticeable in the field. :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas