How to semi-afk 85-GM taming

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
KublaiKhan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: How to semi-afk 85-GM taming

Post by KublaiKhan »

This with Rose's technique is a very fast way to gm taming!
Thanks for this post Nightshark

Delirious

Post by Delirious »

Tried this for the lulz. Within 10 minutes a guy named Reese recalled in and immediately hid (if I didn't have a scout and basically did the same thing, I wouldn't have noticed). He recalled away and then the red name i' appeared. Oh joy. Precast recall and gtfo of there. recalled in a minute later and got my boxes.

afk taming my ass :]

What still works that the PKs don't check on?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Delirious wrote:Tried this for the lulz. Within 10 minutes a guy named Reese recalled in and immediately hid (if I didn't have a scout and basically did the same thing, I wouldn't have noticed). He recalled away and then the red name i' appeared. Oh joy. Precast recall and gtfo of there. recalled in a minute later and got my boxes.

afk taming my ass :]

What still works that the PKs don't check on?
Nobody really checks Fire Dungeon. Or just AFK in the swamps if you have a good spot.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Delirious

Post by Delirious »

I will try fire. i swamped to 87 and I'm ready to move on.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Ya there's some spots in fire where you can AFK between the stalagmites, have a healer in there and drag all the spawn over on an alt.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

Rose wrote:Top Secret, contact me in IRC if you want some leet taming advice.

Dont contact rose..if you ask her for help she jsut gets your info and comes on pk chars to grief you.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

You were killed during a regular NWO pk run.. You are not special enough to be set up and targeted specifically.

Whining will only get you murdered more.

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

Rose wrote:You were killed during a regular NWO pk run.. You are not special enough to be set up and targeted specifically.

Whining will only get you murdered more.
I PM you in irc with my taming lvl and location asking for advice with no response from you. about 10 minutes later who else but Rose shows up with two friends and pks my tamer. Coincidence? Also, not whining one bit simply warning others...

randale

Post by randale »

Hicha wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:Wait - how do you ensure the hell hounds spawn within that little boxed area? Last I was there, they spawned on both halves of the room, in fairly random spots.
You don't; they spawn in a group as soon as the last one dies, so you hide and let them all reaggro on the rabbit, then place your boxes again once they've moved back into position.
How many of them spawn? I thought something spawns when it is either killed OR tamed. So, this room where you tame isn't where the hell hounds actually spawn- BUT you do have to lead them in there so they'll aggro on the rabbit/whatever's on the other side of the wall. And, how many hell hounds can you get on that side of the wall aggroing on the rabbit?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

randale wrote:
Hicha wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:Wait - how do you ensure the hell hounds spawn within that little boxed area? Last I was there, they spawned on both halves of the room, in fairly random spots.
You don't; they spawn in a group as soon as the last one dies, so you hide and let them all reaggro on the rabbit, then place your boxes again once they've moved back into position.
How many of them spawn? I thought something spawns when it is either killed OR tamed. So, this room where you tame isn't where the hell hounds actually spawn- BUT you do have to lead them in there so they'll aggro on the rabbit/whatever's on the other side of the wall. And, how many hell hounds can you get on that side of the wall aggroing on the rabbit?
5 hell hounds spawn from my recollection. they don't respawn until they're dead, tamed doesn't count.

they spawn in the northern room, usually. occasionally they will spawn on the southern side.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

randale

Post by randale »

I recall hearing something about hiding in this room until they aggro on the rabbit. Are you sure that's possible. First you have to get them to off of you when you are leading them into the room. You can't hide while they are close to you.

Second, suppose you do get them to aggro on the rabbit, is standing that close to them, and the spot marked far enough away from them to be able to hide?

randale

Post by randale »

Hicha wrote:
As, not to crosspost, see this on what I said about hiding

Most recent post in the thread

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23711&start=60

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

randale wrote:I recall hearing something about hiding in this room until they aggro on the rabbit. Are you sure that's possible. First you have to get them to off of you when you are leading them into the room. You can't hide while they are close to you.

Second, suppose you do get them to aggro on the rabbit, is standing that close to them, and the spot marked far enough away from them to be able to hide?
im not totally sure what you are asking here. if you hide before they spawn, they will agro the rabbit. you dont hide after they spawn.

randale

Post by randale »

nightshark wrote:
randale wrote:I recall hearing something about hiding in this room until they aggro on the rabbit. Are you sure that's possible. First you have to get them to off of you when you are leading them into the room. You can't hide while they are close to you.

im not totally sure what you are asking here. if you hide before they spawn, they will agro the rabbit. you dont hide after they spawn.
I was thinking I'd need to first lead them in there, hide, then since I'm not a target anymore, they will aggro on the rabbit.

randale

Post by randale »

randale wrote:
nightshark wrote:

I was thinking I'd need to first lead them in there, hide, then since I'm not a target anymore, they will aggro on the rabbit.
Or, maybe I don't have to, they automatically spawn in that room (so you'll be hidden when it happens?) unless they spawn in the rabbit room, so they first aggro on the rabbit and you then place the boxes, correct?