Guide to Remove trap

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Kdog77

Re: Guide to Remove trap

Post by Kdog77 »

Naljier wrote:
Safir wrote:Does one have to have Detect Hidden in order to reveal the trap before attempting to disarm/remove it? Or does the Remove trap skill work like a detect hidden skill, as in, if it's not trapped, you can't attempt to remove it?

apparently detect hidden is not needed if you presume every chest IS trapped before you open it and use the Remove trap skill to check it..

when u do that it will either attempt to disarm or tell you it isnt trapped.

I'm doing remove trap for the first time, & would love to lose the detect hidden skill points if possible. Can anyone confirm that this is true? Would I still need to keep a minimum of 50 detect since you need that much to learn RT in the first place? Or can I drop detect completely? I presume every chest is trapped anyway, so it would really help me make a better template if I don't need to carry gm detect.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

you need 50 detect in order to learn the skill so I am assuming you need at least that to keep it.

Good thing about Detect Hidden though it makes tougher locks easier.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

what happens when you fail to disarm the trap & accidentally set it off?
wouldn't you need a third char macroing healing on you?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I never had a chest go off on me while trying to remove the trap no matter my skill
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Bubba Minor
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bubba Minor »

I started training this skill on my t-hunter, and after reading through a few posts and the wiki, I'm wondering if I should even bother. Is there any reason, other than to stay hidden, to train this skill over using telekinesis? I can't remember how it used to be, but can I use tele on the highest lvl chests successfully?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Bubba Minor wrote:I started training this skill on my t-hunter, and after reading through a few posts and the wiki, I'm wondering if I should even bother. Is there any reason, other than to stay hidden, to train this skill over using telekinesis? I can't remember how it used to be, but can I use tele on the highest lvl chests successfully?
You can take 1 step away from dungeon chests, double-click the chest and the trap will engage but cause zero damage to you.

For treasure maps, you can walk 4 steps away and use telekinesis on an unlocked chest to disarm the trap.

Remove trap is really only useful for those who absolutely want to remain 100% hidden during dungeon chests, or for a thief who is inside a home with trapped chests. I've only come across one player house which had trapped chests, and it was because the owner was trying to bait people via moon gates.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Strabo

Post by Strabo »

So a sucessful attempt means you can safely open the container and take any loot that may be in it? Are we revealed when items are taken out? Assuming GM hiding & stealth..

Mimner

Post by Mimner »

Deja vu wrote: Once you have 30ish skill this is the hardest part of the skill. The only real place to train up the skill is from the trapped chests up stairs in the main Brittan inn.
Can anyone confirm any different locations besides the Brit Inn that can be used to gain in the 30's and 40's with this skill?

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

Where can one find the Thieves Guildmaster to train Remove Trap?

morganm

Post by morganm »

Strabo wrote:So a sucessful attempt means you can safely open the container and take any loot that may be in it? Are we revealed when items are taken out? Assuming GM hiding & stealth..
You are NOT revealed for these actions:
Picking a lock on a dungeon chest.
Double clicking a chest while standing 1 tile away to set off the trap.
Removing loot from the chest.

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

I have 50 detect hidden and I found the thief guildmaster, but he doesn't train Remove Trap. Was this changed or something?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I think its "train remove"might have to play around with it.
You have 50 detect and 50 lockpicking right?

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

That must be the problem, I have 49 lockpicking. The wiki says you need 50 Detect Hidden but your guide says you need both, guess that threw me off. I'll try it again with 50 LP as well.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Read this...
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Remove_Trap

Remove trap is good with tinkering if you want to kill treasure hunters :wink:
Have to love all those waves of spawn.

There are also other tricks like having an alt blow a Gm tinker trap in his pack killing himself at a dungeon chest when you see somone pop onscreen and then setting a trap on the chest making it look like the chest is safe to plunder to the observer who witnessed the explosion :|

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

That's comedy gold! I'll pretty much need to simultaneously skill up a tinker along with my remove trap anyway.

btw, I got it to work and it is "<GM name> train remove" to get him to teach you the skill, just for clarity's sake.