Money Making Template

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Ulquiorra

Money Making Template

Post by Ulquiorra »

What would be a good money making template, I used the search function but didn't find the straightforward answer.

Your templates will be appreciated ^^

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Money Making Template

Post by SJane3384 »

Fishing/Music/Peacemaking/Resist/Magery/whatever other crap

Great for doing MiBs, which are decent $$$.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Camus

Post by Camus »

Musicianship
Provocation
Magery
Meditation
Hiding
Cartography
Lockpick

trajan

Post by trajan »

Camus wrote:Musicianship
Provocation
Magery
Meditation
Hiding
Cartography
Lockpick
I think I am going to make this character. What skills should I start with at character creation? Also, how would you go about bringing this character to 7 xgm? Which skills 1st, 2nd, etc?

4579190a

Post by 4579190a »

fk that gay build of a bard go with mine:

animal taming
animal lore
evalint
wrestling
magery
med
resist

fking carry 5 drags and really no pks will fk with you unless there is 4 of them sometimes 3 if they have the balls and farm gazers for 5 hours you can get about 100k or more depends on the stupid spawn

Camus

Post by Camus »

First thing when you make the character is to go to a stable with a newbie instrument and a crook. Macro Herding and double clicking the instrument in the same loop. Do this until 100str/100int/25dex (start with max int) and 90+ musicianship. In the same stable go into the pen adjacent to the animal you were herding and macro provoking the animal onto yourself (until 2x gm music/provoke).

With your new found powers, find a runebook with a Wrong location and head to the ogre lord room. Use the ogre lord that spawns to kill the masses of ogres/ettins/trolls, and with literally no skills but provoke should pull in 7-10k before the ogre lord drops. Reds rarely patrol here, but if one shows up, make sure you have a hotkey that casts recall and automatically targets your rune- 9 times out of 10 you will get away if you just recall immediately.

Once you pull in 50k or so, take the time to get to know one of the more benevolent people on this forum and get co-owner access to one of the newbie houses. At this point, if you plan on ever making another character(since you will need resist in any other template), create this character and herd his stats to max. Buy regs of the appropriate type for your current magery level. Typically, you will start with 50 in this stat so you can jump right to lightning.

The macro for gming magery is a little tougher to make than those used previously, but just think that you need if statements to check your mana level, and if its above x amount cast lightning (in your house, on the character you are gming resist on). A new character may be able to heal through this low level spam with bandaids on self (if not, create your third and final account to have another healer that bandaids the resist char). From there move onto Energy Bolt, and then finally Flamestrike.

I would suggest hiding next, just sit at bank and make a macro that checks if sysmesg "fail" pause 6000ms, else pause 11000ms and loop it. Takes awhile to gm, but at least take it into the 70s before you go to pick dungeons chests.

Up to 95 lockpicking is very easy. Start a character with 30carpentry and 30 tinkering, make a box and place in house. Just pick the box repeatedly and relock after each pick, this box will take you to 52 or thereabouts. Make another character with 50 tinkering and 50 carpentry, make another box. This will take you to 73 or so. Go to hedgemaze/yew vendor mall/etc and pick up a gm tinker/carpentry box. Macro on this until 95. Now it's time to play the game again.

Find a rune library with spots to lv4 tchest spawn locations, and just start making the circut. It will take you a few weeks to gm, but in the process you will draw in quite a bit of money in items and cash. Make sure you empty your treasure chests so they spawn faster. At this point you can also start to throw in some low level treasure maps for fun and to get experience with it.

Maybe more later, but this is as far as I've gotten with my character thus far =p

trajan

Post by trajan »

Camus wrote:First thing when you make the character is to go to a stable with a newbie instrument and a crook. Macro Herding and double clicking the instrument in the same loop. Do this until 100str/100int/25dex (start with max int) and 90+ musicianship. In the same stable go into the pen adjacent to the animal you were herding and macro provoking the animal onto yourself (until 2x gm music/provoke).

With your new found powers, find a runebook with a Wrong location and head to the ogre lord room. Use the ogre lord that spawns to kill the masses of ogres/ettins/trolls, and with literally no skills but provoke should pull in 7-10k before the ogre lord drops. Reds rarely patrol here, but if one shows up, make sure you have a hotkey that casts recall and automatically targets your rune- 9 times out of 10 you will get away if you just recall immediately.

Once you pull in 50k or so, take the time to get to know one of the more benevolent people on this forum and get co-owner access to one of the newbie houses. At this point, if you plan on ever making another character(since you will need resist in any other template), create this character and herd his stats to max. Buy regs of the appropriate type for your current magery level. Typically, you will start with 50 in this stat so you can jump right to lightning.

The macro for gming magery is a little tougher to make than those used previously, but just think that you need if statements to check your mana level, and if its above x amount cast lightning (in your house, on the character you are gming resist on). A new character may be able to heal through this low level spam with bandaids on self (if not, create your third and final account to have another healer that bandaids the resist char). From there move onto Energy Bolt, and then finally Flamestrike.

I would suggest hiding next, just sit at bank and make a macro that checks if sysmesg "fail" pause 6000ms, else pause 11000ms and loop it. Takes awhile to gm, but at least take it into the 70s before you go to pick dungeons chests.

Up to 95 lockpicking is very easy. Start a character with 30carpentry and 30 tinkering, make a box and place in house. Just pick the box repeatedly and relock after each pick, this box will take you to 52 or thereabouts. Make another character with 50 tinkering and 50 carpentry, make another box. This will take you to 73 or so. Go to hedgemaze/yew vendor mall/etc and pick up a gm tinker/carpentry box. Macro on this until 95. Now it's time to play the game again.

Find a rune library with spots to lv4 tchest spawn locations, and just start making the circut. It will take you a few weeks to gm, but in the process you will draw in quite a bit of money in items and cash. Make sure you empty your treasure chests so they spawn faster. At this point you can also start to throw in some low level treasure maps for fun and to get experience with it.

Maybe more later, but this is as far as I've gotten with my character thus far =p
Thanks for the info. Keep me updated with the rest of the guide as you finish your character :).

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Camus wrote:Musicianship
Provocation
Magery
Meditation
Hiding
Cartography
Lockpick
swap hiding for wrestling if you want to survive pk attacks.

if you want to die every time you see a red, just keep hiding.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

My only addition is to make sure to lock DEX at 10 if you plan on working LP. You'll thank me later.

OK, the reasoning behind this is that DEX adds a bonus to the LP skill, so if you have a high dex, the breach between your real vs. shown skill will be rather wide. You will stop gaining LP while picking a GM made box at 95 shown...see where I'm getting at yet? If you still don't, then let me spell it out.

Your real skill will be closer to your shown skill (thus you were able to macro your real skill higher). After this, if you increase Dex your shown skill will be higher.

This applies for many skills not just LP. If you understand this correctly, you can macro many skills that otherwise you would have stopped sooner.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mr BoJangles

Post by Mr BoJangles »

Pirul wrote:My only addition is to make sure to lock DEX at 10 if you plan on working LP. You'll thank me later.

OK, the reasoning behind this is that DEX adds a bonus to the LP skill, so if you have a high dex, the breach between your real vs. shown skill will be rather wide. You will stop gaining LP while picking a GM made box at 95 shown...see where I'm getting at yet? If you still don't, then let me spell it out.

Your real skill will be closer to your shown skill (thus you were able to macro your real skill higher). After this, if you increase Dex your shown skill will be higher.

This applies for many skills not just LP. If you understand this correctly, you can macro many skills that otherwise you would have stopped sooner.
Aren't the skill checks for gains done on your 'real skill' value? I know for magery, the E-bolt gains stop at 81.9 (or what ever the number is) on REAL SKILL, regardless of how high your shown is. I'm pretty sure your chance to gain is based on real skill...

Correct me if i'm wrong.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

depends entirely how you want to play the character. if you decide you want it to me a multi-tasking character with the ability to provoke and t-hunt/lockpick (or some other combination), then you'll be lacking in skills to defend yourself should you get attacked by a pk.

for a bard template with the best chance of survival from player killers, i'd go with:

musicianship
provocation
magery
meditation
wrestling
magic resist
evaluating intelligence or hiding

you could go with a tamer instead, but generally speaking, they're alot more hassle to train, maintain and play for not so much benefit. bard is the way to go for making money with minimal effort.

t-hunters are also good and are at much less risk of getting pked, but you'd have to go through the hassle of selling the items you get from the chests. you can make pretty good money from the monsters that spawn though.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Mr BoJangles wrote:Aren't the skill checks for gains done on your 'real skill' value? I know for magery, the E-bolt gains stop at 81.9 (or what ever the number is) on REAL SKILL, regardless of how high your shown is. I'm pretty sure your chance to gain is based on real skill...

Correct me if i'm wrong.
I'm not sure about other skills, but am 99% sure it is the case for LP.

I have no clue (or desire to research) about the technicallities, but I have built 2 chars up to 95 LP, 1 with 25 dex, and 1 with 10 dex, and my memory might be a bit hazzy about the first one, but I think real skill stopped at around 94.6 (95 shown) for the guy with 25 dex, and 94.9 (95 shown) for the guy with 10 dex.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Aren't the skill checks for gains done on your 'real skill' value? I know for magery, the E-bolt gains stop at 81.9 (or what ever the number is) on REAL SKILL, regardless of how high your shown is. I'm pretty sure your chance to gain is based on real skill...

Correct me if i'm wrong.
skill checks are done on the base value, not the real value. it's for that reason that you lock dex at 10, you will gain to 95.0 base, i think you get an extra .1 or .2 real. this is very apparent with animal taming, since you can macro up your stats on a new tamer and instantly be able to tame snow leopards (about 56 required skill), whereas if you go out with a 50.0 tamer without the stat bonuses, you can't tame snow leopards.

you should gain to about 91 base skill in magery before ebolt stops gaining, i'm pretty sure had you kept going you would've gotten gains.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

4579190a

Post by 4579190a »

screw all you bards make a tank mage or tamer lol or dexxer and carrie vanqs Make it more fun for pks to kill you lol

sanjo

Post by sanjo »

Camus wrote:First thing when you make the character is to go to a stable with a newbie instrument and a crook. Macro Herding and double clicking the instrument in the same loop. Do this until 100str/100int/25dex (start with max int) and 90+ musicianship. In the same stable go into the pen adjacent to the animal you were herding and macro provoking the animal onto yourself (until 2x gm music/provoke).

Hopefully someone can explain this to me :)

I am like 96 herding with not and havent gotten a stat upgrade in like an hour. Im at 75str 10dex(locked) and 65int.

They dont seem to go up anymore though and the macro has been spamming all afternoon :)