Taming from 50-GM Speed Tips (Updated 2015)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
woody06967

Re: Taming from 50-GM Speed Tips (Updated 2015)

Post by woody06967 »

Has anything changed with spawn rates of bulls and toads? There are a few similar guides but trying del and jhelom bulls they can take hours to respawn and the spawn rate and number of toads on the bog are pretty limited too.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I don’t think the spawn has changed, but it only takes one more tamer to make the gain rates die off fast. Hang in there. The gains will come. Make sure you are pulling over swamp tentacles to kill off tamed toads, etc.

When you hit 92 I recommend fire dungeon. There’s a level that has several hell hound spawns, large cats, small cats, lava lizards, etc. You’ll be able to tame in relative safety and you’ll never run out of creatures to tame. Pull a couple orc lords over to loot, etc. You get just as many hell hounds, and you get big cats wich give much better gains at 92. It’s MUCH easier to set up on the east wall.

For the fire dungeon I do think a bard makes a very good puller. Things that can poison grays are bad news. You don’t want any poison user killing off your large hellcats before you tame them. You can cascade the macro to get even better gains. You try and tame target by type, large hell cat, then target by type hell hound, then target by type laval lizard, etc. What this does is make sure if you have 20 grays with a large hell cat in it, it tames the hellcat first. It doesn’t accidently get killed. Since they are the first to be killed, they are the first to respawn, etc. It will help speed it up. I could frequently pull over fresh spawned large hell cats before all the hell hounds were tamed and killed off.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

woody06967 wrote:Has anything changed with spawn rates of bulls and toads? There are a few similar guides but trying del and jhelom bulls they can take hours to respawn and the spawn rate and number of toads on the bog are pretty limited too.

I don't believe anything has changed... I never had much success with the bog. I just ran around T2A taming toads, mongbats, and frenzied ostards. You will gain off the strong mongbats and frenzies (you can also sell the frenzies for around 5k ea).

Anyways, the guy who made this thread recently GM'd another tamer and did it all while red. He told me he used the exact method described here, so I know it does work.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I was like drunk as well. I wasn't a fan of bogging for more than an hour at a time. I ran around and gathered frenzy's for a small side business in between bog runs:viewtopic.php?f=76&t=62545

I made somewhere between 120K-160K selling at 4K ea. I also gave quite a few away to guildmates, etc. It made the bog grinding suck a lot less. I don't think it was any faster. It was funner though which counts in my book. Man I miss Santorum. He was good for 5 or more frenzy's at a time. He didn't care about color. He'd always clean out my stable slots on the weekend.

another quick note. Have your wyrms and dragons drop their gold before stabling. When I built up my wyrm fleet for resist training (54 of them) I made over 60K on the gold and gems. So they paid for themselves timewise just picking them up. It covered a lot of the pet buying costs to hold the slots while they were out flamestriking my characters. I stabled 10-15 of them before I put that together, heh heh. Oh well. At least I figured it out before I stabled all 54.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

imo....if sum1 hasn't already said it....if they did sorry im repeating, but, hell hounds room with lvl 4 chest is a lot easier and way less complicated to set up and can be done with 1 character....i honestly use my bard with peace to get them all up in top room(if they arent already) while my tamer is hidden in bottom room....lot easier..and when u get em all in top room, use peacemaking(if dont have peacemaking invisi or run to bottom room really fast)...then while u go get ur pet to gate in if u didnt bring it already come outta hiding on ur tamer so they aggro on u stead of wandering around again and possibly wander to bottom room...gate the pet to bottom room and bring it up to the very right, up against wall then hide...they aggro on ur pet and u walk in top room past hell hounds but not getting close to them so they dont aggro on u, go thru the door and go get a few gargoyles and or giant serpents that should be right down the hall and bring em to hell hounds and hide so they aggro on pet as well....then go in top room right behind table and run taming macro...when all 5 tamed and dead id hide in doorway or place 2 chests to block it completely waiting for them to respawn(all 5 spawn at once) so the hell hounds don't get to ur pet in bottom room... they usually dont wander into bottom room after ur pet anyways when they spawn but they have before and this makes sure even more so even they dont...rinse and repeat
p.s. all 5 hell hounds always spawn top room after killed
Last edited by The Gods on Wed May 11, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

The Gods wrote:imo if sum1 hasnt already said it....hell hounds room with lvl 4 chest is a lot easier and way less complicated to set up....tame behind the table but go get few gargoyles or giant serps to kill off tameds
The main reason that people do the orc room over the pure HH room is because when all of the hell hounds die in the HH room, they spawn all at once in the West side of the room, so if you are afk they will kill your tamer and/or the toon/creature you have on the other side of the wall drawing the HH's attention. In the orc room it still takes two toons to work, but you die less often if your are macroing for an extended period of time.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

fox_phyre wrote:
The Gods wrote:imo if sum1 hasnt already said it....hell hounds room with lvl 4 chest is a lot easier and way less complicated to set up....tame behind the table but go get few gargoyles or giant serps to kill off tameds
The main reason that people do the orc room over the pure HH room is because when all of the hell hounds die in the HH room, they spawn all at once in the West side of the room, so if you are afk they will kill your tamer and/or the toon/creature you have on the other side of the wall drawing the HH's attention. In the orc room it still takes two toons to work, but you die less often if your are macroing for an extended period of time.
ive never died unless pked there...i edited my whole msg explaining what to do but yah u cant be afk completely...only semi afk...checking back every once in while to see how far along or how many u have tamed so u know where u stand...just what i do...and lot easier for me...and only need 1 character or 2 until u get em set up then just need tamer...but yah if u get em set up like rose shows thats awesome...but i tried few timees and just never could get it to go right for me...but that was years ago when i was rusty from not playing

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I still prefer the fire dungeon. I personally find it safer. I also like the fact you can pull two groups of hounds, plus all the other stuff (lizards, cats, big cats, etc). with 20+ to tame, you could go a lot longer in between check-ins. You just had to make sure the fire elemental and efreet are out of the picture (the rest don't have any ranged attacks).

The only time it is dangerous is when your puller gets to far ahead. Then you might lose one of the hounds as he agro's on the tamer. Just keep them closer to the puller and it isn't a problem. It doesn't hurt if your puller is a bard with magic either. He can set the fire elemental and the efreet up in a quiet corner. He can quickly get agro back if he loses it.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

Just wanted to say thanks to Rose for the guide. Just GM'ed taming using the guide. My deviations were to tame bulls as soon as i could (in Delucia) to get to giant toads then I just ran around T2A taming giant toads and frenzieds where I could as the bog spawn is rather low. Tamed a few imps here and there at fire dungeon entrance in the low 80s as well. Instant I hit 84.9 (bare minimum for hell hounds) then went straight to Hyloth and was there to GM. Took around 40 - 50 hours of Hyloth macro'ing to get to GM.

Hyloth thing works great too. My thing to add for the fire dungeon would be to change the macro from:

UseSkill Taming
Wait 1.00sec
Target Random Grey

to

UseSkill Taming
Wait 1.00sec
Target Random Non-Friendly

and then bind a key to "add friend". Add all the non-hell hound creates as friends, that way it takes almost no time between taming attempts and the non-hell hound creatures rarely if ever die.

Cheers all

- Patek

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Yes, alternatively you can use target hell hound by type. Thanks Patek, gratz on a gm tamer!

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

The big hell cats were my love and joy of the fire dungeon (91.3 minimum I think). I used target by type as Rose suggested, and created a priority. Large hell cats were first, then hellhounds, the small hell cats, then lizards. It's the same 3 lines, you just repeat it in the macro for every "type". Since large hell cats are the first "type" it will tame them first. that way I don't have to worry about a hell hound taking out my precious hell cat.

The only real trick to it, is some creatures have multiple "types". So if hell hounds have two types, you have to include both types in the macro. It's been long enough now, I don't remember which animals had multiple types. I know some in the fire dungeon did though.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Were you the one that got my runebooks?
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

morgan1109 wrote:The big hell cats were my love and joy of the fire dungeon (91.3 minimum I think). I used target by type as Rose suggested, and created a priority. Large hell cats were first, then hellhounds, the small hell cats, then lizards. It's the same 3 lines, you just repeat it in the macro for every "type". Since large hell cats are the first "type" it will tame them first. that way I don't have to worry about a hell hound taking out my precious hell cat.

The only real trick to it, is some creatures have multiple "types". So if hell hounds have two types, you have to include both types in the macro. It's been long enough now, I don't remember which animals had multiple types. I know some in the fire dungeon did though.
hell cats(large) i tamed them once it slowed real bad at hell hounds round 97 and got way better gains from them than hell houds

Return to “Guides”