Taming from 50-GM Speed Tips (Updated 2015)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Thalomos

Re: Taming from 50-GM Speed Tips

Post by Thalomos »

Do you gain skill off of dragons even when you "Anger the beast" ?

Upgrayedd

Post by Upgrayedd »

Thalomos wrote:Do you gain skill off of dragons even when you "Anger the beast" ?
Nope...you only get a skill check when you actually start taming it.
The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had hoped that genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.

Strabo

Post by Strabo »

Ok.. I have a rookie question.. Where the heck is Hopper's Bog?! I've died several times seeking this elusive location... Thanks!!!

Upgrayedd

Post by Upgrayedd »

Strabo wrote:Ok.. I have a rookie question.. Where the heck is Hopper's Bog?! I've died several times seeking this elusive location... Thanks!!!
Southeast of Papua, across the river. Also, you might want to look into getting UO Auto Map.
The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had hoped that genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

When I was taming I took red boxes with me in order to barricade a safe zone so I could tame wherever and whenever. You have to switch them out before they decay however. Taming wasn't something I did afk...sitting idle in a hotspot is a sure fire way to get PKed. I actually tamed alot in Destard as I had a stealth herder who was able to retrieve the beasts from areas frequented by PKs without much notice at all or from Wind into the city area, which can be done easily enough just by luring it there but again the whole concept is to avoid being spotted by would be griefers/pkers.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I found the best course of action is to PvP and defend your tamers macro territory.

I would have a rune marked to my tamers location and if I saw any trouble I would recall in on a pvp character and whoop some ass.

Thalomos

Post by Thalomos »

Does anyone know of a good spot for Dire Wolves? They require the same amount of taming as Hell Hounds and could be a good alternative.

Skullgrim
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Skullgrim »

They spawn to random to be a good alternative in my opinion.

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:When I was taming I took red boxes with me in order to barricade a safe zone so I could tame wherever and whenever. You have to switch them out before they decay however. Taming wasn't something I did afk...sitting idle in a hotspot is a sure fire way to get PKed. I actually tamed alot in Destard as I had a stealth herder who was able to retrieve the beasts from areas frequented by PKs without much notice at all or from Wind into the city area, which can be done easily enough just by luring it there but again the whole concept is to avoid being spotted by would be griefers/pkers.

Gib shinnies tuu sleeb en uruk laynd, und maibe uu nub geb clomped. Sum ummies pai trybute to da hai tuu plai wit de bugz et de ummie shryne. Nub hab shinnies, uu kleen da warg pens wit ur tung, hohoho!
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Vile

Post by Vile »

Drunk Monk wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:When I was taming I took red boxes with me in order to barricade a safe zone so I could tame wherever and whenever. You have to switch them out before they decay however. Taming wasn't something I did afk...sitting idle in a hotspot is a sure fire way to get PKed. I actually tamed alot in Destard as I had a stealth herder who was able to retrieve the beasts from areas frequented by PKs without much notice at all or from Wind into the city area, which can be done easily enough just by luring it there but again the whole concept is to avoid being spotted by would be griefers/pkers.

Gib shinnies tuu sleeb en uruk laynd, und maibe uu nub geb clomped. Sum ummies pai trybute to da hai tuu plai wit de bugz et de ummie shryne. Nub hab shinnies, uu kleen da warg pens wit ur tung, hohoho!

Paying the URKS really pay off not grief me while i tamed they also protected me from griefs and healed me. It pays off to pay these guys while you macro your taming...

freakitout

Post by freakitout »

I was going to macro my Animal Lore up to 100 before raising Taming and Vet - does it make sense? In other words, does this->> http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-tamer/54 ... -lore.html work in t2a?

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

Vile wrote:Paying the URKS really pay off not grief me while i tamed they also protected me from griefs and healed me. It pays off to pay these guys while you macro your taming...
Daz ow eet wurkz umie!

Anyone who's ever paid me tribute not only didn't get clomped but also got rez'd if they died, help looting their body, etc. I've also let the hai know when someone paid tribute so they don't clomp too. Heck I've even had tamers give me money to pull bugs for them when I was still training.

NOOGRAH!

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

freakitout wrote:I was going to macro my Animal Lore up to 100 before raising Taming and Vet - does it make sense? In other words, does this->> http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-tamer/54 ... -lore.html work in t2a?
It wont change how fast you gain skill points in taming.

iamreallysquall

Re: Taming from 50-GM in 3-4 day's

Post by iamreallysquall »

Rose wrote:Those corpses belong to LeLouche aka Bill Lumburg the bad pk.

He's just a random griefer noob that was trying to halt my macro for kicks. Don't think he plays much anymore.

All these spots are relatively quiet, hyth being the worst of the three.

You must defend from griefers if you wish to macro taming.
if your going to tell the story tell it right http://my.uosecondage.com/Pics/ScreenShot/199
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

morganm

Post by morganm »

You can also incorporate into your macro the usage of the ankh at Compassion shrine. Does anyone else have problems with some creatures being 'too far away' when you stand where the original poster tells you to ? If they get stuck a little further west then they are out of reach and your macro will just keep saying they are too far away.

Seems to me if you stand on the furthest west peninsula you can reach things easier. Only draw back is you are now out of range of the ankh.

During my adventures I found another guy with a similar method but different location. He was down on the bottom floor of Fire dungeon in the SE corner. There is that building, some treasure chests, and some rock formations. He was in the middle of the rock formations with a taming macro going. Another character was running around that level gathering up everything and leading it to the tamer.

He would have to regularly heal the tamer as some things down there have ranged attacks. However it seemed to be working out quite well for him.

Return to “Guides”