Tinkering Trapped Box

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
frosty1369

Tinkering Trapped Box

Post by frosty1369 »

Simple question, is this possible to sell trapped box and do not get the murderer status?

Is there any way to trap a box and do not get the murder count?

thanks!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Tinkering Trapped Box

Post by Mikel123 »

Trap it while it's on the floor and you are safe.

Trap it while it's in your pack and you will get a murder count.

frosty1369

Post by frosty1369 »

I get murder count on each box i trap with poison and explosion.

I put it on the floor remove the key from the box and trap it.

Maybe when i took it back to my backpack after that... dunno?

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

You have to trap it on the floor of the house that the character owns I believe, not just coown like it used to be (I think)
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

frosty1369

Post by frosty1369 »

I f i understand, I need a House to trap box and dont get cough with Murder count right?

Downs

Post by Downs »

you can sell them too. if you put them on a vendor, they sell just like any other item. if you're selling in person, you can't put them in a trade window, so it's gotta be a drop trade

just make sure that your buyers take the proper precautions to not be blown up upon purchase, or don't if you're into that hilariousness.

the murder count is only applicable if you trapped it anywhere but the floor of a home that you own
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

frosty1369

Post by frosty1369 »

Thanks you Downs, your answer was perfect ;) appreciate

Workdawg

Post by Workdawg »

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but my tinker is nearing GM so it might become relevant soon.

Here are my questions/clarifications:

1. If I trap a chest that is on the floor of a house I own and someone comes by to open it, I don't get a murder count?
2. If I trap a chest on the floor of my house, do I get a murder count if I move it someplace else?
3. Does the person who trapped the chest get a murder count, or the last person to put it on the ground, or possibly some other logic?
4. How do murder counts work if you sell the chest via a player vendor? (possibly answered by 3)

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Workdawg wrote:1. If I trap a chest that is on the floor of a house I own and someone comes by to open it, I don't get a murder count?
You will never get a murder count if the trap is placed on a chest that is on the ground in a house you own.
Workdawg wrote:2. If I trap a chest on the floor of my house, do I get a murder count if I move it someplace else?
Only the location where trap was placed matters, you can move it anywhere and not get a murder count if it was placed on the floor of a house you are friended to.
Workdawg wrote:3. Does the person who trapped the chest get a murder count, or the last person to put it on the ground, or possibly some other logic?
Workdawg wrote: 4. How do murder counts work if you sell the chest via a player vendor? (possibly answered by 3)
If the trap is placed while the chest is on the ground in a house you are friended to you will not get a murder count. If it is not, then whoever placed the trap will get the count.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Workdawg

Post by Workdawg »

Pretty much all the same answer.

The tinker will get a murder count if the trap is set in any way other than with the box being on the ground in a house they are friended to.

Thanks!

Return to “Guides”