Healing on a Bard/Mage?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Mordrith

Healing on a Bard/Mage?

Post by Mordrith »

So i've been thinking of possible templates, and i wanted your feedback on my thoughts. My main is a bard mage, and i was thinking instead of hiding or eval int i would take healing. I would do less damage with my spells, but i feel like my survivability would be off the charts. Your thoughts?

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Healing on a Bard/Mage?

Post by Kryptonical »

I currently have a bard mage that I've flipped flopped back and forth between hiding vs eval vs wrestling, etc etc.

I've come to realize that with my current template:

mage/med/eval/resist/music/provo/wrestle

its nearly impossible to kill me, granted majority of the time I won't go toe to toe with a pk'er, unless I know they suck :) but this lets me have the best of both worlds, if I need to I cast invis (yes it takes more regs, but I normally carry way more regs on me because I dont worry about dieing), I have eval so I can do some damage, and I have wrestle so if I do need to just get outa town I can.

my 2 cents

Mordrith

Post by Mordrith »

Well my current temp is music/provo/mage/med/hide/resist/wrestling. I eventually plan to drop hide and raise eval, but that having been said, dropping eval for healing, i really believe with the heal bandaid combo it would take an act of god to take me down. Granted i'm used to playing on current servers and not on second age servers so things may be different.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Mordrith wrote:Well my current temp is music/provo/mage/med/hide/resist/wrestling. I eventually plan to drop hide and raise eval, but that having been said, dropping eval for healing, i really believe with the heal bandaid combo it would take an act of god to take me down. Granted i'm used to playing on current servers and not on second age servers so things may be different.
Healing is worthless without anatomy, and while dropping hiding/eval isn't such a big deal, the other 6 skills are clearly more valuable than using bandies.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Rammar wrote: Healing is worthless without anatomy, and while dropping hiding/eval isn't such a big deal, the other 6 skills are clearly more valuable than using bandies.
+1

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Mordrith wrote:Well my current temp is music/provo/mage/med/hide/resist/wrestling. I eventually plan to drop hide and raise eval, but that having been said, dropping eval for healing, i really believe with the heal bandaid combo it would take an act of god to take me down. Granted i'm used to playing on current servers and not on second age servers so things may be different.
I'd keep your template as-is. Most pure bards drop hiding for eval, but I think there's equal valid argument for having either skill. So stay with the road less traveled!

Mordrith

Post by Mordrith »

Yep, i completely forgot about anatomy. Ok, i'll stick with eval or hiding. Thanks guys.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Rammar wrote:
Healing is worthless without anatomy, and while dropping hiding/eval isn't such a big deal, the other 6 skills are clearly more valuable than using bandies.
I have to disagree, healing is still very useful without anatomy. As a player who spent 2 years playing on a mage character with GM heal/0 anat during UO:R, I'll vouch for that (no changes to healing other than the timer, which didn't affect my mage).

According to wiki:
GM Healing 0 anatomy will heal 23-60 pts
GM Healing GM Anatomy will heal 43-80
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Does anatomy have an impact on the success rate of healing? I'd also think it worthless if you're going to be "barely helping" half the time.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Pirul wrote:Does anatomy have an impact on the success rate of healing? I'd also think it worthless if you're going to be "barely helping" half the time.
I'm fairly certain anatomy just assists in the increased healing power not whether it will heal or not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Kryptonical wrote:
Pirul wrote:Does anatomy have an impact on the success rate of healing? I'd also think it worthless if you're going to be "barely helping" half the time.
I'm fairly certain anatomy just assists in the increased healing power not whether it will heal or not.
You are both correct.

In my eyes, Healing is not needed for character with 100 meditation and 100 intelligence. Imagine it without Anatomy... it heals an average of 40 or so damage, and it takes 15 seconds to do that. On the other hand, you can do more than that with 11 mana, instantly. It's untimely and woefully inefficient to use the healing skill. Warriors just do it because it's their only choice given 25 intelligence and armor.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

I think that having healing is less beneficial on this type of char then the other skills that would replace it.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Mikel123 wrote:
Kryptonical wrote:
You are both correct.

In my eyes, Healing is not needed for character with 100 meditation and 100 intelligence. Imagine it without Anatomy... it heals an average of 40 or so damage, and it takes 15 seconds to do that. On the other hand, you can do more than that with 11 mana, instantly. It's untimely and woefully inefficient to use the healing skill. Warriors just do it because it's their only choice given 25 intelligence and armor.
healing's largest benefit really is survival against players, i don't think it's a good choice for a pvm mage for any reason except pks.

to the person who asked: anatomy does not affect your healing success rate. think of it as eval for healing.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Hiding
Stealth
Music
Provocation
Wrestling
Magery
Meditation

Keep reflect up and this is a pretty fun PVM template..
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

nightshark wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:
Kryptonical wrote:
You are both correct.

healing's largest benefit really is survival against players, i don't think it's a good choice for a pvm mage for any reason except pks.

to the person who asked: anatomy does not affect your healing success rate. think of it as eval for healing.
Being bored macroing I am adding to the zombie apocalypse by reviving dead threads.

So I seen temps with healing no anatomy in action. Some work some do not.

Here is one I like personally the Zen Warrior. Because face it healing timers are for the birds if its your primary source of healing so make it secondary, insta hit is where its at and here it's flawless. Sometimes you just have to rely on one handers so a boost to stamina is a good way to do so. This is another temp that can wear modest armor in a simple leather tunic and still retain the mana to g-heal whenever needed if done right. It's very utilitarian in that it draws from both the mage and the dexxer while still retaining defense. Even though it lacks in the damage output it has very high survivability. So you max at 30 hp with bandages rather then 80...but you can heal 50 with greater heal instantly rather then having to wait. in conjuction with wands and potions you would not have to withdraw long to get back into the fight if at all unless its to regen mana for a minute.

Think of it like this people are going to team up on you and you them...so being a diverse team player being able to withhold being made target or being able to hit hard and then keeping the pressure on is beneficial

Swords
Tactics
Healing
Resist
Magery
Med
Wrestling

100 strength/ 65 dex/60 intel
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.