Disguise Kits or times dies with dyes

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Farlist

Disguise Kits or times dies with dyes

Post by Farlist »

No one told me this but basically your paper doll affects/effects your disguise kit time.

Keep it open all the time before and while the disguise is on = remain disguised longer (even after death)

keep it closed or close and open it (I am not sure how many times or in which stages but I did it once per stage of life or death so about four times) = die twice to get back to your normal self.

Why does this work? because closing and opening the paper doll refreshes the screen.

\\\ To the next order of business

You want your hair and beard to be dyed different colors?

I do not know how to do it with a disguise but I can show you how to switch it at the normal state USING the disguise.

Note: Keep paper doll closed

1) Dye your hair to what ever color you wish (blond for example), this will dye both the beard and the hair the same color

2) ****Use the disguise kit on either the head or the beard (not both for this effect)

****Important note, you change the one you want to keep as the color you dyed in the beginning, if you want blond hair the first color applied is blond and you change the head to something else.

3) Die, attack someone so as the guards kill you if you have no other way, wait and ressurect (or find a fast way to die)

4) Dye your hair to the color you want your head or beard to be (in this case we colored blond changed hair to lock on blond) now for example lets color the whole thing to grey.

5) Die again

6) Ressurect and enjoy your new blond head Grey beard.

This can be done in reverse, which means that you if we had changed only the beard instead of the head we would have gotten a blond beard and a grey Head.

==========

Help me out: This section is for further resreach Ideas, if you have any clue as to how to make your head hair and beard hair different WHILE YOU ARE DISGUISED this will be of great help : )

Thank you.

Also, if you happen to know of an item that does not act as a roof if placed in a stack of 20 (yes it needs to be stackable) that would also be of great help.

This is in order to further the IDOC's method and make it possible to see into a specific floor.

But again, the smashing of the box is not a part of the method that works, so you have to macro it on the ground.

XD

SethTersius

Re: Disguise Kits or times dies with dyes

Post by SethTersius »

This is very interesting. All of my characters are constantly in disguise, so I definitely have a long relationship with them. I know that dying twice will get rid of it no matter what happens to the paperdoll. Didnt realize keeping it open made it last longer, but I rarely close it..

Also of note - when you log off in disguise, the game saves the "state" of all spells, skills, etc that you have up in the "black" area. So if you have recall out, use hte disguise it will still be up. But log out and back in it will be gone.

However these are saved. I have used the disguise so much that half of the names have all the skills and spells out when I log in disguised.

Also note logging out and in will make your hair white.

I never bother dying my hair. Its too small a detail for people to notice. I always just lose the beard.

Farlist

Post by Farlist »

SethTersius wrote:This is very interesting. All of my characters are constantly in disguise, so I definitely have a long relationship with them. I know that dying twice will get rid of it no matter what happens to the paperdoll. Didnt realize keeping it open made it last longer, but I rarely close it..

Also of note - when you log off in disguise, the game saves the "state" of all spells, skills, etc that you have up in the "black" area. So if you have recall out, use hte disguise it will still be up. But log out and back in it will be gone.

However these are saved. I have used the disguise so much that half of the names have all the skills and spells out when I log in disguised.

Also note logging out and in will make your hair white.

I never bother dying my hair. Its too small a detail for people to notice. I always just lose the beard.

I think I am losing something you are saying.

The main point of losing the disguise quickly is to do so before you log out so that you don't have to wait it out when you log back in to have your normal macro's.

I also remember dieing many times (more than two) with my paper doll open and those not resetting it.

I did not have the patience to wait more than 4 hours to see how long it will still last, but its at least twice as long.

The white hair thing did not happen to me however, but you may confusing me on the conditions and do not remember.

Right now I am testing how long it can last with the paper doll open and with further conditions (how many times can I die? what about incognito and polymorph? drunk?)

I would have tried to find an alternative way to find out if I am perma-grey, but I have no idea where to begin with that.

I know you can do it with targeting stealing on a person, but this only works if you are not in the thiefs guild, which does not interest me as much.

If it will last 6 hours I am just going to give it a rest and call it a quarter of a day that I have seen so far, then I will count how many times I can die with it open, and then come the polymorph (which I hear you can stay with a certain greenish skin color or something) keeping the disguise kit open while you change or die out of the bank box and so on

Many variations, I might lose interest in the end, if I can use the test server to speed things up that would be amazing and save me many hours : p

Farlist

Post by Farlist »

SethTersius wrote:.
Ok, I just tried it again, and it did not work like it used to, its a bit above two hours but the rest DOES work...

I am not confused on how I was able to make it last for more than two.

In the same day it took two then four.

A few weeks ago I was able to get a very long time, I am missing something, but the paper doll being closed and double death+hair dyes definitely works.

So, yeah. not sure what is going on.

SethTersius

Post by SethTersius »

Farlist wrote:

I think I am losing something you are saying.

The main point of losing the disguise quickly is to do so before you log out so that you don't have to wait it out when you log back in to have your normal macro's.

I understand. I know that is what you meant, I was just making some other points.

Farlist wrote:

I also remember dieing many times (more than two) with my paper doll open and those not resetting it.
That has not been my experience. I have never, ever kept the disguise kit after the second death. And Ive died thousands of times XD

But who knows
Farlist wrote:

I did not have the patience to wait more than 4 hours to see how long it will still last, but its at least twice as long.
Why do you wish to know how long? I get in the habit of redisguising every 30 mins or so. Not an exact rule, but if I have nothing to do at the moment and its been 30 minutes I redisguise. The only times mine run out is when I go AFK for 2 hours in my house.

But if you are just wanting to know to know, I understand. I think this is interesting, and am glad to see someone else finally really into its use and details.

By the way I have seen you around. In Vesper and Brit. I tried to say hi but you were AFK. I knew it was you because I saw you not in disguise before. I thought it was a cute coincidence :)
Farlist wrote:
The white hair thing did not happen to me however, but you may confusing me on the conditions and do not remember.
I *always* get white hair when I relog in disguise. Strange.
Farlist wrote:

Right now I am testing how long it can last with the paper doll open and with further conditions (how many times can I die? what about incognito and polymorph? drunk?)
Testing something like that in a busy place like brit might be a bad idea. Would be quite possible to be townkilled twice in four hours. If you want to come hang out at my house and test it there lmk.

Or I would advise a less busy bank. I can get your toons to one.

I offer this help because I assume you are new. Take no offense otherwise :)
Farlist wrote:

I would have tried to find an alternative way to find out if I am perma-grey, but I have no idea where to begin with that.
Use another toon to try and steal from yourself.

But as a general rule of thumb, if you have used the steal skill you are likely permagrey.
Farlist wrote:

I know you can do it with targeting stealing on a person, but this only works if you are not in the thiefs guild, which does not interest me as much.
Yeah you would need another toon that isnt in the guild. I often keep two thieves in one place, and it isnt convenient to keep someone around just to test it. I always just assume I am if I have used stealing. If I need to get rid of it (usually only worry about it if I am trying to grief someone who thinks he knows I am grey) I just gate away quickly and kill myself with a trap.

Farlist wrote:

If it will last 6 hours I am just going to give it a rest and call it a quarter of a day that I have seen so far, then I will count how many times I can die with it open, and then come the polymorph (which I hear you can stay with a certain greenish skin color or something) keeping the disguise kit open while you change or die out of the bank box and so on

I would love to hear what you find out.
Farlist wrote:

Many variations, I might lose interest in the end, if I can use the test server to speed things up that would be amazing and save me many hours : p
Derrick likely wont for his own good reasons. Will have to do it the old fashioned way :/

Farlist

Post by Farlist »

I used to play seven years ago, but never T2A and I forget a lot, on this shard specifically I have played a little over a month.

Since its not resource gathering I let it run while I was surfing around the net I was by chance in vesper : ), not always there.

perma-grey on other thieves, I know the steal method when not in the guild I was hoping there is a way to know if another thieve was perma, I have worn out my patience for the time being though : p.

Two thieves at the same time? you afk steal with razor macros?

\\\

I did a few more experiments in various ways and I could not seem to make it last more than a bit over two hours, I may be remembering it wrong or am doing something wrong : /

I was told there is a way to make your skin green (not sure if reversible though) I might take a swing at that, but not right now.

SethTersius

Post by SethTersius »

Farlist wrote: Two thieves at the same time? you afk steal with razor macros?
No two accounts one 42'' TV for a monitor.

Side by side clients.

Bulk

Post by Bulk »

Farlist wrote: I was told there is a way to make your skin green (not sure if reversible though) I might take a swing at that, but not right now.
one way you used to be able to do this (temporarily) was to polymorph into a slime and enter the event gate (for CTF, DD, etc.). you would appear in the event lobby as a human with the skin color equal to the hue of the slime you were, but only for the duration of that polymorph spell. of course, there are no more event gates like that.

i do know of a way to permanently change your skin hue into natural colors.

Return to “Guides”