Lockpicking Full Guide/Cartography Macro Guide

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Viridian

50-72 Confusion

Post by Viridian »

Night,

Not that you don't know your stuff but I think your numbers on the exchange from 50/50 to GM are a bit off.

-Sincere Viridian

EDIT: It's working now started going at 73.7(Real)
Attachments
Image4.jpg
Image4.jpg (92.48 KiB) Viewed 9494 times

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Lockpicking Full Guide/Cartography Macro Guide

Post by nightshark »

Thanks, not sure where I got 72 from. Think I copy/pasted it from another thread. Will update.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

nightshark wrote: Confirmation needed 76 skill is the change over. It will be obvious, just switch to GM box as soon as you possibly can.
Can't confirm that it is any lower than 76, but I swapped at 76.2 displayed succesfully.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Lockpicking
Carto
Hide
Stealth
Tinkering
Magery
Med....maybe shaving off some for minimal tracking

If you are soloing level 5 chests an alt like this can lock up the chest when you start to get encumbered with a tinker trap when you need to drop off some goods. Or retrap it again should they blow it with a telekenesis...thinking it safe after a respawn to deal with and then go back for more. Might want a Dexxer with Hiding on standby nearby for extra security as well assuming you are handling chest spawn with a provoker or tamer and making the drops with it.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Let's try this again.

It is very cumbersome and time consuming to equip, transport, etc. 3 characters for a single t-map when it is not that hard to do lvl5's with a single character. The odds of finding other people while doing a map are slim to none. It is not hard to save your mount even. If you get encumbered, gate hop the loot to a drop house with proper security (for tips PM me), and just milk the chest for extra income.

The easiest (and thus most popular) build for a t-mapper should include:
Carto
Lockpicking
Music
Provo
Magery
The other 2 can be chosen between: meditation, eval int, wrestling, hiding, stealth.

I personally prefer meditation and hiding, as these make it easier for me to do high level maps. However, when I was working LPing I had hiding and stealth as it was super easy to go through a gate hidden and just stealth to the chest, pick, stealth one step back, pop the trap, loot, stealth to safety (if needed) and recall out.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I come across people doing chests all the time. And if you kill them expect company :lol:
Its funnier when you kill one via stealth tinker though. 8)
Might as well use your stealth tinker for other things too.
I'd perfer to have my provoker more well rounded to handle more then just T-maps.

Especially if they come on their Statloss red to try to reclaim...one hit one kill...with possible bounty.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

How much of a difference does GM Lockpicking have over 95.0 Lockpicking? (are there Lvl 5 chests that can't be opened without GM lockpicking?)

Just wondering :P I'm a lockpicking n00b
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

the bazookas wrote:How much of a difference does GM Lockpicking have over 95.0 Lockpicking? (are there Lvl 5 chests that can't be opened without GM lockpicking?)

If you only have 95 lockpicking, you also need 60 detect hidden to be able to pick level 5 chests. At GM lockpicking, you free up 60 skill points to put into any other skill for your build.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Hicha wrote:
the bazookas wrote:How much of a difference does GM Lockpicking have over 95.0 Lockpicking? (are there Lvl 5 chests that can't be opened without GM lockpicking?)

If you only have 95 lockpicking, you also need 60 detect hidden to be able to pick level 5 chests. At GM lockpicking, you free up 60 skill points to put into any other skill for your build.
On a related note, does it scale?

What I mean is, at 97.5LP is 60 DH needed, or can locks be picked at 30DH?
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Soma wrote:What I mean is, at 97.5LP is 60 DH needed, or can locks be picked at 30DH?
That's something I've always wondered but noone seems to have researched it. I just had a 2nd char that popped lv5 chests until I GMed LP. Only takes a few hundred LPs.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mikanele

Post by Mikanele »

My Thunter template is:

100 carto
100 LP
100 Hide
100 Stealth
100 Mage
100 Med
100 Wres

He is not done but Ive started to checkout lvl 4 dungeon chests (LP is at 94.9)

Should I send my bard in first to take care of the mobs? can you loot a chest while stealthed?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

looting from a treasure chest will reveal you.

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

nightshark wrote:looting from a treasure chest will reveal you.
Looting Chests does not reveal you. At least, not any more. Not sure if they ever did.

Galendae

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Dungeon Chests, yes you can loot without being revealed. Treasure map chests do reveal you when you loot.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Mikanele

Post by Mikanele »

dungeon chests dont reveal you?? thats awesome Thanks guys.