Lockpicking Full Guide/Cartography Macro Guide

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Lockpicking Full Guide/Cartography Macro Guide

Post by nightshark »

Ah I figured you were asking about treasure chests as you said you'd already started checking out dungeon chests.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

my version of the lockpicking macro, it'll lock the box even after it has messed up. i got bored of coming back to spam of ''this does not appear to be locked''

you'll need to change the targets to your box/chest and the double click to your key. it uses restocking agent#2 to grab one lock pick from the bank (you'll need to set the target for self/stand in bank or house and use target for the container and add lockpick to agent#2)

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-2
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|183917|2888|676|0|400
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|5372|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|3
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1081692077|45|66|0|2474
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:04
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|to be locked
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1081692079|4110
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.1000000
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|yields
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1081692079|4110
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.1000000
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction

RichIX
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RichIX »

Thought id add my input since I have just started training this;

0-30 - purchased from Tinker or Thief
30-49 - using as advised above 30 carp 30 tinker box (Created with new char)
49-69 - using as advised above 50 carp 50 tinker box (Created with new char)
69-79 - using a 65 carp / 65 tinker
79-95 - using GM Tinker / GM Carp

time taken around 20 hours..

Thanks

Rich
GM Lockpicker at your Service

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

nightshark wrote:
Soma wrote:What I mean is, at 97.5LP is 60 DH needed, or can locks be picked at 30DH?
That's something I've always wondered but noone seems to have researched it. I just had a 2nd char that popped lv5 chests until I GMed LP. Only takes a few hundred LPs.
Do i understand this correctly? I currently have the following 2 toon.

Thief
Detecting Hidden:100.0
Hiding:100.0
Magery:100.0
Snooping:100.0
Stealing:100.0
Stealth:100.0
Lockpicking:94.7
Meditation:5.3

And T-hunter
Cartography:100.0
Hiding:100.0
Provocation:100.0
Magery:100.0
Musicianship:100.0
Meditation:100.
Lockpicking:94.7
Evaluating Intelligence:5.3

If I did come across a lvl 5 map i could decode with the t-hunter and dig up with the t-hunter.

Then i could unlock with my stealthed thief and move a tile away and open (Or just let him die if he is naked with a couple lockpicks?

Do you need the map on you to unlock or untrap?

I doubt I will see very many lvl 5 maps so maybe ill actually get my picking raised by then...?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Hoots wrote:Do you need the map on you to unlock or untrap?

I doubt I will see very many lvl 5 maps so maybe ill actually get my picking raised by then...?
You don't need the map on you to unlock/untrap. Once the chest has been dug up, the chest is fair game to anyone. You can unlock it with the alt character, untrap it with the alt character if you wish.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Hoots,

Not sure you know, but from here to raise Lockpicking, you'll have to
do it on chests in dungeons. I made a runebook to the high level chests
that I used to GM Lockpicking. The book is part of the rune library at
Trinny Stone Vendors, you are welcome to make a copy of it from there,
though I would pull a gate on an alt and stealth thru to mark, as
those areas are some of the nastiest in the game and recalling in and
trying to get a hide off will likely result in death.

Also would be glad to meet you in the Lost Lands and pull a gate to
those locations. If you dont have a char that can pull a gate, I'd be happy
to meet you at TSV and gate you so you can mark them.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

If you dont have a char that can pull a gate, I'd be happy
Hoots!

My bad, I just read you've been here since '08 and both those templetes
have GM Magery.

LOL!
Last edited by Orion GM B^D on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Orion GM B^D wrote:
Hoots!

have GM Magery.

LOL!
hah, no problem. Actually have 15x GM mages here... I think i have 13 7X and the 2 above toons both short 5.3 in lockingpicking of being 7x.

Anywho, I checked your tower out last night. It is great. I started copying the GM LP book... It will be tough to gain skills with the carto toon... The stealther can gate in and be fine.

Any idea on how long a static chest takes to relock? It sounds like there may be some different timers but are we talking minutes/hours/days on these?

Thanks!

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Hoots wrote:
Orion GM B^D wrote:
Hoots!

have GM Magery.

LOL!
hah, no problem. Actually have 15x GM mages here... I think i have 13 7X and the 2 above toons both short 5.3 in lockingpicking of being 7x.

Anywho, I checked your tower out last night. It is great. I started copying the GM LP book... It will be tough to gain skills with the carto toon... The stealther can gate in and be fine.

Any idea on how long a static chest takes to relock? It sounds like there may be some different timers but are we talking minutes/hours/days on these?

Thanks!
I believe it take around 1000 attempts to GM. I remember it taking about an hr or so for the chest to respawn,
I heard or read that if you empty the chest, even if you dont take it all, leave
what you dont want on the ground it will respawn faster. Also I used a runebook with charges to get out,
as its a faster cast. you will also make a ton of gold and get some good items during the process.

Thank you for the compliment!!

Have fun with it and good luck!
Trinny Stone Vendors

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Locked treasure chests also spawn in the back room of the trinsic bank from time to time (no clue on the levels since I have no rune).

There's also a locked treasure chest in the crossroads brigand camp (in the tent in the back, middle chest) that spawns 300-600 gold every couple of hours and is untrapped by default.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

With Detect hidden and >/= 95 lockpicking if you have cartography and level 5 maps I would try to raise off level 5's as often as you can. Good thing is you are always guaranteed the spawning chest if you dig it up yourself. (same with level 4's really)

Magery 80
Detect Hidden 60
Lockpicking
Remove Trap
Stealth 80
Hide
Cartography
Stealing 80

this will allow you to stay in stealth in picking chests, retrieve town rares, hit homes which may have tinker traps,
and dig up t-maps. Whether in town or in dungeons stealthy retrieving of loot is good so to not draw attention that the chest is open and disarmed, ready for the plucking, and possibly you for the killing. A provoker is better to handle level 5 mobs. This is just to make it available, a tool build.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I was willing to take you seriously until a quick glance showed stealing in the template.

Your character lacks the basic ability to kill the spawn.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

nightshark wrote:I was willing to take you seriously until a quick glance showed stealing in the template.
You need stealing to get rares, you didn't know that? Who is killing spawn I am just after loot. Gate in in stealth mode for dungeons, I made mention of the provoker handling the t-map mobs. You dont put lumberjacking and mining on your crafter do you?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
nightshark wrote:I was willing to take you seriously until a quick glance showed stealing in the template.
You need stealing to get rares, you didn't know that? Who is killing spawn I am just after loot. Gate in in stealth mode for dungeons, I made mention of the provoker handling the t-map mobs. You dont put lumberjacking and mining on your crafter do you?
So why bother making this character a cartographer? Every time you loot an item out of a treasure chest, you get revealed. The inability to kill spawn makes the character almost worthless. Regardless, this thread isn't supposed to be geared toward templates, it's a simple guide on how to GM cartography and lockpicking. If you feel you have a great idea for a template, please post it in another thread.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

nightshark wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
So why bother making this character a cartographer? Every time you loot an item out of a treasure chest, you get revealed. The inability to kill spawn makes the character almost worthless. Regardless, this thread isn't supposed to be geared toward templates, it's a simple guide on how to GM cartography and lockpicking. If you feel you have a great idea for a template, please post it in another thread.
I started it off with ideas, you are just being a flamer because well...you dont like the idea that I made you look stupid in telling you how to retrieve town rares using stealing. I was the one who founded the idea of locking your dex at 10 as well in the beginning on this shard.

But keep talking so people can see your ignorance, we all need the entertainment. If you must know you put cartography on him in order to dig up the chests...merely run and hide and let your provoker do the killing and looting.

I know detailed explanation maybe required for new people, you been here too long however. That's a shame.