Animal Lore Made Easy

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Blasphemy

Animal Lore Made Easy

Post by Blasphemy »

This is a rather simplistic method but works well.

Whats needed:
Mount (Tested with a horse)
10 seconds of your time for setup

Steps:
1. Simply make a macro for Animal Lore --> Targeting your mount.
2. Mount up
3. Loop macro
4. Grab a beer and relax

You will still lore your mount while you sit on it, allowing you to not worry about someone killing or leading your "target" off. Also if you lose connection or whatever you'll be g2g when you log back on.

Enjoy

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Animal Lore Made Easy

Post by nightshark »

Also works for any lore skills that require a living target
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

nightshark wrote:Also works for any lore skills that require a living target
Tough to mount on other types of living targets tho...at least in game! :P
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

Maybe my wife will understand if I try to mount her repeatedly, on grounds of working my skills up..

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Is this a bug? I thought when mounted on horses, the horse was considered part of your character for all targeting purposes.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

During era it was a common tactic to target your horse, mount it and cast magic arrow on it in order to become criminal. I can't imagine this is a bug.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Did that do damage to the horse?

Why can you animal lore your horse when you're on it but I can't energy bolt it?

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

nightshark wrote:During era it was a common tactic to target your horse, mount it and cast magic arrow on it in order to become criminal. I can't imagine this is a bug.
I thought that was in era but I tried and it didn't work here. Unless I messed it up somehow - I was on my dexer at the time.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

Just for shats and giggles, I tested whether or not it depends on who is in control of the pet that allows them to target/lore an "unseen" mounted ride. I was able to use and continue using lore on "someone" elses mount after they mounted it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the same principle would allow someone to cast a spell on someone elses mount while they are mounted on it, i see the potential for a bug/abuse: simply get and make a macro to target a players mount to kill it from under them, or poison it (if its era specific to not be able to mount a poisoned mount, i would think it would force an auto dismount).

*I haven't tested it so I'm not sure if its possible, unfortunately I have to work today or I would test out various "experiments"*

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Malaikat wrote:
nightshark wrote:During era it was a common tactic to target your horse, mount it and cast magic arrow on it in order to become criminal. I can't imagine this is a bug.
I thought that was in era but I tried and it didn't work here. Unless I messed it up somehow - I was on my dexer at the time.
You probably had razor's range check on. It doesn't work unless you turn it off.
If the same principle would allow someone to cast a spell on someone elses mount while they are mounted on it, i see the potential for a bug/abuse: simply get and make a macro to target a players mount to kill it from under them, or poison it (if its era specific to not be able to mount a poisoned mount, i would think it would force an auto dismount).
Impossible, the mount does not take any damage. Nor is it targetable with razor while the player is mounted. It can only be targeted with last target.

Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

Ah ok, thanks nightshark!

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

nightshark wrote:
Malaikat wrote:
You probably had razor's range check on. It doesn't work unless you turn it off.
Impossible, the mount does not take any damage. Nor is it targetable with razor while the player is mounted. It can only be targeted with last target.
Cool I thought it didn't work on this shard but it was razor's range check all along. Good info, it looks cool when you cast an ebolt. It's like it freezes lol.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I've never really tried it on UOSA since it's so easy to just flag on a mob. I have done it before just to see if it worked. I recall there used to be an animation for magic arrow that would just fly off the north side of the screen, don't know if the same thing happened with ebolts, etc. Does that happen here?

Purely nostalgia...

Return to “Guides”