Guide: Boats

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide: Boats

Post by Blaise »

So I went through the trouble of buying Recall scrolls, and training in Magery up to ~32, and I can't Recall on the boat key I have.
Oddly, when I click on the key it says "a ship key Going good".
Pretty sure it just said "a ship key" before.
Could it be that someone renamed the boat and the key indicates it's name? Or perhaps, my kids renamed the ship before they got it stolen from them?
Whatever, I'm pretty sure it's a lost cause but I had to try anyway.

Thanks if anyone wants to chime in on these questions.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

BlaiseDad wrote:So I went through the trouble of buying Recall scrolls, and training in Magery up to ~32, and I can't Recall on the boat key I have.
If you cannot recall off of it, it's been dry-docked or has decayed. If it says it's blocked, the recall spot on the ship has an impassable object (or person) on it -- you'd need to find the ship and board manually. If it says you cannot travel there while in the old lands, then it's in the lost lands (and vice versa) -- go there and recall.
BlaiseDad wrote:Oddly, when I click on the key it says "a ship key Going good".
Keys are named separately from boats; someone renamed the key specifically.

Xanben

Post by Xanben »

Logging out on a boat?

So I have three fishers on a boat. They are all on the boat, I lock the planks, and then proceed to drop anchor. After that we all hide on the boat and log out. When I log back in two of the three fishers are still on the boat in their spots, yet one has appeared in the lost lands near the shore. I wasn't even in the lost lands with my boat? How did this happen, furthermore how could I prevent it from happening? Because it is going to be a pain to get him through the lost lands, back to the main land and then on the boat.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Xanben wrote:Logging out on a boat?

So I have three fishers on a boat. They are all on the boat, I lock the planks, and then proceed to drop anchor. After that we all hide on the boat and log out. When I log back in two of the three fishers are still on the boat in their spots, yet one has appeared in the lost lands near the shore. I wasn't even in the lost lands with my boat? How did this happen, furthermore how could I prevent it from happening? Because it is going to be a pain to get him through the lost lands, back to the main land and then on the boat.
First off, welcome back!

This has happened to me a couple of times and isnt' fun fixing. Best thing to do is...not move the
boat after you log anyone out. I'm not sure you did/didn't, but the times this has happened, I've
logged one char out, moved boat for whatever reason and only that char will be somewhere else.
All mine have been to nearest land mass. You may have been close enough to put you there.

You can run to Papua and cross over at mage show, teleport from top of Glow
down to the bank.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Xanben

Post by Xanben »

Orion GM B^D wrote:
Xanben wrote:Logging out on a boat?

First off, welcome back!

This has happened to me a couple of times and isnt' fun fixing. Best thing to do is...not move the
boat after you log anyone out. I'm not sure you did/didn't, but the times this has happened, I've
logged one char out, moved boat for whatever reason and only that char will be somewhere else.
All mine have been to nearest land mass. You may have been close enough to put you there.

You can run to Papua and cross over at mage show, teleport from top of Glow
down to the bank.
Ok I'll try that next time, Thank you :) And thanks for the welcome back. Been quite some time since 2010 hah, I didn't even know we had stopped giving gift bags. Found that out Halloween; but I'll try that boat thing. We'll see how it goes.