Fishing tips?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
WiseOne

Fishing tips?

Post by WiseOne »

Going on my first in game fishing trip today. I will be macroing of course but since I am at work, I will have the game window open and constantly monitored so as to not breach any server rules while also preventing the possibility of getting EV'd or whatever it is pirates do these days. Any information and tips is greatly appreciated. Thank you guys!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

WiseOne

Re: Fishing tips?

Post by WiseOne »

ANY info would be helpful and appreciated. Thank yee.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Fede

Post by Fede »

Fishing is extremely boring. Just go afk.

Edit: But don't get caught.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I don't mind leaving it on the screen while I work so it technically won't be afk macroing because I will be at the keyboard. I just wont be focusing or paying much attention to the screen because as you said, it is beyond boring. I did love it when my buddy originally showed me the game in the early 2000's, just the idea of being able to go fish online while someone can come and murder you was mind blasting back then. Thanks Fede. More tips guys and gals!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

LifeForce

Post by LifeForce »

tip 1: multiclienting rules! when i went fishing i did it on all three accounts on my desktop computer while i was working on my laptop. same time = triple mibs! this adds up if you can go fishing for multiple hours every day.

tip 2: you should gm tracking on your fishermen. run it within your macro and you should never get killed by pirates. that is, if there are any pirates left nowadays.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

LifeForce wrote:tip 1: multiclienting rules! when i went fishing i did it on all three accounts on my desktop computer while i was working on my laptop. same time = triple mibs! this adds up if you can go fishing for multiple hours every day.

tip 2: you should gm tracking on your fishermen. run it within your macro and you should never get killed by pirates. that is, if there are any pirates left nowadays.
Great advice, I clearly have not thought of either of those.

Cheers!

Keep 'em coming.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Can a novice fisherman fish in deep sea waters or is it better to stay close to shore until I get the skill over 80?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

do0m

Post by do0m »

I have a few questions about fishing...

Does the fisher have to get the killing blow on the serpents that spawn in order for a net or MiB to drop?

Does fishing up Tmaps only give lvl 1 Tmaps or lvl 1 and 2?

EDIT:

After doing more research about fishing I came across this site, it was very helpful for me. However this seem more for live shards vs our era in T2A.
http://www.onlinegametrader.net/index.p ... ews_id=191
Last edited by do0m on Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

do0m wrote:I have a few questions about fishing...

Does the fisher have to get the killing blow on the serpents that spawn in order for a net or MiB to drop?

Does fishing up Tmaps onlys give lvl 1 Tmaps or lvl 1 and 2?
There are no nets here. MiBs are not loot on serpents. They are pulled up from fishing once you are GM. T-Maps are only level 1s.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

do0m

Post by do0m »

applejack wrote:
do0m wrote:I have a few questions about fishing...

Does fishing up Tmaps onlys give lvl 1 Tmaps or lvl 1 and 2?
There are no nets here. MiBs are not loot on serpents. They are pulled up from fishing once you are GM. T-Maps are only level 1s.
Thank you very much.

lordlp

Post by lordlp »

Well hell I suppose I'll share my macro and do my part around here. You want to find a nice stretch of water you can float down - take a look at UO Automap to find an ideal spot for you.

Find your starting area - position the boat parallel to the direction you wish to float. Stand at the front of your sail mass in the middle of the boat.

Create the following macro -

Double Click your Fishing Rod in your hand
[wait for target]
Target the water - not to far from your boat, not to far away. Left click and change it to 'Relative Location'.
pause 10 seconds
if (system Message - 'the fish don't')
Say: Right (or Left depending on your orientation and location)
Pause 6 seconds
Say: Stop
End If

Find the right stretch of water you can run this for hours - if you hit land - move forward a bit and change 'say right' to 'say left' and continue on your marry way. Just right click on 'say right' began recording here - then type 'left' and delete the right.. or vice versa.

You will need to partially pay attention because you will run into the occasional serpent/water elemental.

Th3M4chine

Post by Th3M4chine »

any tips from 90-gm?

OneEyedJack
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OneEyedJack »

Th3M4chine wrote:any tips from 90-gm?
Get a second monitor, a boat, and a 30 pack of your favorite beer. The second monitor will free up your main one so you can do more interesting things, but still keep an eye on it. The boat is because you'll need to be deep sea fishing. The beer is to keep yourself occupied during this boring task.

In other words... 90-gm is just plain repitition at sea. There's no "trick" to it unfortunately. Just dig in and wait.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

If you do not have 2 monitors hook up a 42inch, or bigger, TV and use half of it for UO and half for whatever floats your other boat :D
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Return to “Guides”