Guide: Veterinary + Animal Lore + Musicianship on 1 macro

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
ishkabibbel

Guide: Veterinary + Animal Lore + Musicianship on 1 macro

Post by ishkabibbel »

I didn't really find much already listed in the way of veterinary so I figured I'd post my way of raising vet and animal lore at the same time. This macro uses the gaps of time during bandaging animals to fit in uses of the animal lore skill simultaneously. The process I used was to tame 2 horses, have one attack the other in the confines of my house, and alternate between bandaging horsea and horseb

Double Click (bandage)
Wait for Target
Absolute Target (horsea)
Pause 2.00sec
UseSkill Animal Lore
Wait for Target
Absolute Target (horsea)
Pause 2.00sec
Double Click (instrument of choice)
Pause 2.00sec
Double Click (bandage)
Wait for Target
Absolute Target (horseb)
Pause 2.00sec
UseSkill Animal Lore
Wait for Target
Absolute Target (horseb)
Pause 2.00sec
Pause 2.00sec

It's looped, of course. Hope this helps at least someone else. Good luck to all of you prospective tamers out there!

EDIT: Just edited to include musicianship for all of you tamer-bards!

Opera

Re: Guide: Veterinary + Animal Lore + Musicianship on 1 macro

Post by Opera »

Thanks for this! :D

Lord Blaze

Re: Guide: Veterinary + Animal Lore + Musicianship on 1 macro

Post by Lord Blaze »

Can you GM vet with just veting the animal or do you need to switch to curing poison like in healing?

Laz

Re: Guide: Veterinary + Animal Lore + Musicianship on 1 macr

Post by Laz »

Im currently at 71.x (not show real). Can you gm off healing 2 fighting animals, or do i have to switch to curing? My gains have gotten ridiculously slow.

jaymee

Post by jaymee »

ishkabibbel wrote:I didn't really find much already listed in the way of veterinary so I figured I'd post my way of raising vet and animal lore at the same time. This macro uses the gaps of time during bandaging animals to fit in uses of the animal lore skill simultaneously. The process I used was to tame 2 horses, have one attack the other in the confines of my house, and alternate between bandaging horsea and horseb

Double Click (bandage)
Wait for Target
Absolute Target (horsea)
Pause 2.00sec
UseSkill Animal Lore
Wait for Target
Absolute Target (horsea)
Pause 2.00sec
Pause 2.00sec
Double Click (bandage)
Wait for Target
Absolute Target (horseb)
Pause 2.00sec
UseSkill Animal Lore
Wait for Target
Absolute Target (horseb)
Pause 2.00sec
Pause 2.00sec

It's looped, of course. Hope this helps at least someone else. Good luck to all of you prospective tamers out there!

EDIT: Just edited to include musicianship for all of you tamer-bards!
This is really cool! Thanks! 8)

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

OMG... really sloooow... and you need to cut the bands one by one...

But the script works well. I'm using a hotkey for restock bands from bank, too.
I did raise from 35 to 54.1 in 3-4 hours, using 2.5k bands, not counting the time to
cut them. Tip: do not use great harts, the sound is annoying, they scream a lot.
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

Laz wrote:Can you gm off healing 2 fighting animals, or do i have to switch to curing? My gains have gotten ridiculously slow.

Delirious

Post by Delirious »

This doesn't work. I'm seriously going to have one guy poison a bull, cure it, repeat. keep the poison mage behind some crates in a tower or something.

Anyone ever get to GM just healing some animals fighting? At 70 real skill i'm dying here. I GMed wrestle on the two bulls and i'm still 70 wrestle.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Delirious wrote:This doesn't work. I'm seriously going to have one guy poison a bull, cure it, repeat. keep the poison mage behind some crates in a tower or something.

Anyone ever get to GM just healing some animals fighting? At 70 real skill i'm dying here. I GMed wrestle on the two bulls and i'm still 70 wrestle.
I GMd vet with two polar bears fighting, no curing. I was told to cure and had a polar bear and scorpion for a while. I saw no difference in gain rate and it was harder to manage.

That said it took FOREVER. I mean crazy slow.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

just for the record 2 things 1 Provo tamer = waste of points you don't need provoke at all to keep stuff on you or your pets.
secondly i do like this method of combining actions/skills with smaller pauses like gming music while gaining some eval is 1.75 pauses + dbl click instrument x6 + use eval + wait for target + target etc etc. same works for anatomy or doing something similar like working wrestle / tactics while gming eval on the paladin this can be applied to many situations to narrow down and gain multiple skills at once i do this all the time
best tamer template = lore / tame/ mage /med /resist /wrestle 7th skill is either eval for pvp (thats rare) or vet for pvm personaly i got hide to gm for getting closer to skill cap and droped it last while doing vet / last few points in tame
same template for a bard except Music / provo /eval sacking resist / wrestle for whatever = you getting pked 0 resist = mana vampire drains you to 0 and 0 wrestle = you cant evade a melee hit for anything
*damn it applejack is following the thread at the same time as me!
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Delirious

Post by Delirious »

applejack wrote:
Delirious wrote:This doesn't work. I'm seriously going to have one guy poison a bull, cure it, repeat. keep the poison mage behind some crates in a tower or something.

I GMd vet with two polar bears fighting, no curing. I was told to cure and had a polar bear and scorpion for a while. I saw no difference in gain rate and it was harder to manage.

That said it took FOREVER. I mean crazy slow.
That's what gets me. I'm going to try this for a while while I do magery as well (if I can juggle them).

jmerchant
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jmerchant »

Is there a cap at 84.9 if you're only healing and not curing? I had 2 polar bears fighting yesterday, got decent gains from 82.1 to 84.9 and then I went almost 1300 bandages without a single .1 gain. I switched to poisoning both and only curing and started gaining again, albeit slowly.

Thoughts?

mrl4963

Post by mrl4963 »

I am not sure how it works in T2A, but from what I remember on OSI servers, veterinary was one of the many skills that was movement based. I remember GM'ing it by getting on a boat and going until I got a gain, in which I stopped the boat immediately. At that point, I would go forward one approximately 8 tiles until i found the next gain. Once I confirmed the tile of the next gain, I could normally continue to "forward one" 8x and stop for another gain until the run streak ran out. Then repeat the whole process again. I GM'ed vet rather quickly using this method.

Can anyone confirm if skill gains works the same on this server or if it standing in one spot works just as quickly?

Sheer Luck

Post by Sheer Luck »

mrl4963 wrote:I am not sure how it works in T2A, but from what I remember on OSI servers, veterinary was one of the many skills that was movement based. I remember GM'ing it by getting on a boat and going until I got a gain, in which I stopped the boat immediately. At that point, I would go forward one approximately 8 tiles until i found the next gain. Once I confirmed the tile of the next gain, I could normally continue to "forward one" 8x and stop for another gain until the run streak ran out. Then repeat the whole process again. I GM'ed vet rather quickly using this method.

Can anyone confirm if skill gains works the same on this server or if it standing in one spot works just as quickly?

There is no anti-macro code here. No 8X8 skill checks. Stand still all ya want.

That was put in after our era, so it wouldn't be Era Accurate.
You see: a character crafted by Sheer Luck

[23:55]<Soma> I know very well of Abbott's ways
[23:56]<Soma> He may be a pedophile, but he's a damn good smith

mrl4963

Post by mrl4963 »

ok thank you Sheer Luck