Skill to work with colored ore

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
randale

Skill to work with colored ore

Post by randale »

Is it perhaps the same to smelt it? That is, you'd need a 65 mining to have a chance of successfully smelted dull copper, and you'd also need a 65 blacksmithing to be able to make things out of it's ingots? Neither Stratics nor the wiki here says.

Spitfire

Re: Skill to work with colored ore

Post by Spitfire »

Don't know the exact values but I have gotten a message telling me I couldn't use the ingots to make anything, so you are onto something here.

Used Kotex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Used Kotex »

randale wrote:Is it perhaps the same to smelt it? That is, you'd need a 65 mining to have a chance of successfully smelted dull copper, and you'd also need a 65 blacksmithing to be able to make things out of it's ingots? Neither Stratics nor the wiki here says.

Yes

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Mining

Smithing issues:

A smith cannot use the colored ingots unless he has the required skill for that color.
If a smith has the minimum skill requirement for a color, the success on smithing seems the same, even on
exceptional quality plate chests.
Only metal armour and shields can be made in color, not weapons.
Smithing colors advances your smithing skill at a normal rate.
Yeah, I'm still in DCT... So's yer sister !

randale

Post by randale »

Used Kotex wrote:
randale wrote:Is it perhaps the same to smelt it? That is, you'd need a 65 mining to have a chance of successfully smelted dull copper, and you'd also need a 65 blacksmithing to be able to make things out of it's ingots? Neither Stratics nor the wiki here says.

Yes

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Mining

Smithing issues:
A smith cannot use the colored ingots unless he has the required skill for that color.
If a smith has the minimum skill requirement for a color, the success on smithing seems the same, even on
exceptional quality plate chests.
Only metal armour and shields can be made in color, not weapons.
Smithing colors advances your smithing skill at a normal rate.
This can be interpreted another way. I took the first sentence to mean that you need the required skill to smith it, BUT it's not telling you what that is. I didn't know it meant that you need the the same skill to mine it as you need to smith with it.

Used Kotex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Used Kotex »

randale wrote: This can be interpreted another way. I took the first sentence to mean that you need the required skill to smith it, BUT it's not telling you what that is. I didn't know it meant that you need the the same skill to mine it as you need to smith with it.

I agree, the wording is vague. Adding the skill chart to the Blacksmithy page, and adding a sentence to the Mining page would be most clarifying.
Yeah, I'm still in DCT... So's yer sister !

Return to “Guides”