Bowcrafting Guide - Razor Macro

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Cindrew

Bowcrafting Guide - Razor Macro

Post by Cindrew »

After hours trying to figure out delays and problems with my exisiting macro.. The below macro works very good and has a restock agent to pull boards in from a container and a organizer agent for putting the made product into a container.

Do not set your boards to type.
Make your Auto-Que 5000 instead of 600 in "More Options" in Razor.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-2
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1076241859|2347|867|7|3709
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:03
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1076322417|3922
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1075086072|52|82|0|7127
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|2|5042|0
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|1|5042|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08.5000000
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-1
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.6000000
Cindrew of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Bowcrafting Guide - Razor Macro

Post by Hoots »

For a serious bowcraft macro you need to set up 10 organizes.

I would wake up with 1250 bows or xbows in the morning (10 containers x 125)

at the end of the macro you just do organize 1-10

when 1 container fills up, the bow would be placed back in your back pack and be sent to the next container with the next organize.

I did 2 or 3 nights of these and my bowery is in the 70's... at this point (creating exceptional bows very often) i figured bow craft was pretty useless and would take a ton of boards to gm (150-200K ?????)

Very few people use heavies and xbow have never been worth a poop.

Sometime when i have an extra 100k boards lying around ill gm it i suppose but no real reason to...

Cindrew

Post by Cindrew »

For a serious macro? Bowcraft takes 150k boards? Who are you and why are you posting?

This macro restocks boards and throw them away. U can gm with this macro.. Please move a long.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Cindrew wrote:For a serious macro? Bowcraft takes 150k boards? Who are you and why are you posting?

This macro restocks boards and throw them away. U can gm with this macro.. Please move a long.
Wow, my bad on trying to offer some help.

It assumed you wanted the roughly 3.6 gold per board you could make by selling bows back to a vendor.

If money is no object, that's cool. I figured you were new Cindrew bc your post count was 3 or 4 when I replied to your macro...So thats why i assumed you would be interested in selling bows back to npc's... again, my bad.

Knock yourself out getting the GM Bower Status.. I was just pointing out (for those who may not know) that it's one of those skills that people have delusions of grandeur about.

If you are buying boards you are looking at 450-600k in over head and a good amount of time to essentially create something you can do at 50 skill the only difference being you have your name on it. If you are chopping boards you are talking a even longer amount of time

Archery sucks and is really for nothing more than Roleplaying and for "something different" and gm bows go for what? 200-300 Gold?

Maybe there is some massive market from GM bows and heavies that i was unaware of.

I wish archery/bowcraft was more useful but what can you do.

Then again, making a GM bower is fun for some people... thats whats great about UO, to each his/her own...

Ill move along now. Its been fun

Cindrew

Post by Cindrew »

Archery does not suck and is very viable in field combat.. It of course is not near as popular as Swords. My goal in making a gm bowyer is not to make millions doing it, however to offer an item many vendors do not. Also I predict Archery to grow in popularity over the next few months. Also FYI a bow made by a gm bowyer is stronger and more powerful than one made by a 70 regardless of exceptional quality. Also have consumed 16k boards and I am at 84 bowcraft.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Cindrew wrote: Also FYI a bow made by a gm bowyer is stronger and more powerful than one made by a 70 regardless of exceptional quality. Also have consumed 16k boards and I am at 84 bowcraft.
Do you have an href on this? As far as i know in UO a exceptional katana, hally, bow, piece of armour, quarter staff etc, is just that... exceptional quality. No difference between a exceptional bow and GM bow except for the makers mark.

Thats how it always has been... Maybe im wrong but it would surprise me. that is the whole reason OSI added "exceptional" tags. before they did you couldnt sell an item until you were gm bc that was the only way people knew it was the highest quality.

and as far as 16k boards to 84 bowery im gonna go ahead and call bullshit. Its not like you can make anything different than bows and xbows that everyone else has made to gain skill and that is far lower than i have hear/seen.

nutbagthecat
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nutbagthecat »

Hoots is correct. An Exceptional Bow crafted by a Bowyer of 35 skill is exactly the same as an Exceptional Bow crafted by a GM Bowyer.

Cindrew

Post by Cindrew »

Its not bullshit.. i did bows from 50 to 70 and 70 to 90 xbows..

Riv

Post by Riv »

what can gm bowyers make? are there elven bows?

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

GM Bowyers can make exactly the same things a 95 bowyer can...but they get to put their name on it.

Just like a GM smith can make exactly the same thing a 95 Smith can...but put their name on it.

The Only reason to GM a skill is for status...so people can see your name on the item and know that you spent the rediculous amount of money it takes to GM a craft skill (except inscription which you make money on...inscription is also one of the few skills i know of where there is a noticable difference in useage for a GM exceptional item, that being a max number of charged runebook.)

But hey, I have spent the money to GM every craft skill on OSI, and now I am doing it again...I like the status symbol.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Thesbus wrote:GM Bowyers can make exactly the same things a 95 bowyer can...but they get to put their name on it.

Just like a GM smith can make exactly the same thing a 95 Smith can...but put their name on it.

The Only reason to GM a skill is for status...so people can see your name on the item and know that you spent the rediculous amount of money it takes to GM a craft skill (except inscription which you make money on...inscription is also one of the few skills i know of where there is a noticable difference in useage for a GM exceptional item, that being a max number of charged runebook.)

But hey, I have spent the money to GM every craft skill on OSI, and now I am doing it again...I like the status symbol.
Well Said, to me crafting was just as big a part of UO as pvp is/was. I enjoy it.

Im 2.0 points of posioning and 5.4 points of tinkering away from GMing all the craftable skills atleast once. And this includes the above mentioned "fletching" as i used the ticket system as a reason to burn through 100k boards, just hit gm this morning.

I know the naming is very non-role-playing-ish but i figured it would be cool to have one name "brand" on all my goods!

http://my.uosecondage.com/player.aspx?id=23872

http://my.uosecondage.com/player.aspx?id=38080

Riv

Post by Riv »

Thesbus wrote:GM Bowyers can make exactly the same things a 95 bowyer can...but they get to put their name on it.

right

my question had more to do with if GM bowcrafting aloud you to make any special kind of bows.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

No riv, at gm you can only make the 3 bows and the other small fletching items (shafts, kindling.) Nothing special

Here are the % at gm
(Weapon, Succes rate, exceptional rate)
Bow 100% 92.50%
Xbow 100% 55%
Heavy 75% 30%

Teph

Post by Teph »

Hoots wrote:
Cindrew wrote: Also FYI a bow made by a gm bowyer is stronger and more powerful than one made by a 70 regardless of exceptional quality. Also have consumed 16k boards and I am at 84 bowcraft.
Do you have an href on this? As far as i know in UO a exceptional katana, hally, bow, piece of armour, quarter staff etc, is just that... exceptional quality. No difference between a exceptional bow and GM bow except for the makers mark.

Thats how it always has been... Maybe im wrong but it would surprise me. that is the whole reason OSI added "exceptional" tags. before they did you couldnt sell an item until you were gm bc that was the only way people knew it was the highest quality.

and as far as 16k boards to 84 bowery im gonna go ahead and call bullshit. Its not like you can make anything different than bows and xbows that everyone else has made to gain skill and that is far lower than i have hear/seen.

ah but i have noticed when selling crafted items to npcs the prices vary even though they appear to have the same name..... who knows?

a Red Eminem

Post by a Red Eminem »

Can someone please explain how to use and set up an organizational macro. I'm not familiar with this aspect of Razor, and would like to learn how to use it. I also would like to know what else this organizational macro can be applied to.

Thank you,
a Red Eminem