50% hiding or 50% parry (or something else)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
lordlp

50% hiding or 50% parry (or something else)

Post by lordlp »

Well fleshing out a dexxer - going to need the 50 magery for the 'oh crap 5 reds' recall off of a scroll.. so.. that's leaving 50% open.

What do you think I'll benifit more from for just 50%? I supose I could take him higher in magery to GM but I honestly don't see the point in it.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: 50% hiding or 50% parry (or something else)

Post by Matty »

lordlp wrote:Well fleshing out a dexxer - going to need the 50 magery for the 'oh crap 5 reds' recall off of a scroll.. so.. that's leaving 50% open.

What do you think I'll benifit more from for just 50%? I supose I could take him higher in magery to GM but I honestly don't see the point in it.
i think GMing magery is the best bet. reflect, 40 hp gheals, recall w/out scrolls... it makes sense

lordlp

Post by lordlp »

Not going to have enough int let alone meditation to utilize most of the higher magery spells. Considering I can produce my own scrolls I don't see much of a draw back to cap it at 50%. Reflect does sound nice though.

lordlp

Post by lordlp »

*bump* anyone else have opinions on this? Friend also is in the same boat where we both have one 100% slot avalable (Archer/Macer and a Swords/Posioner) that we're debating what to do with it.

We could just GM magery - but I'm not sure exactly how benifical it will be with only 30-40 int and no med. We'll need *some* magery or we'll be stuck walking.

So our debate is if hiding at 50% or so is actualy worth it.. or tracking or something else we're not thinking of. Would love to hear some arguement or reasoning here as to what path to take here.

Nergnog

Post by Nergnog »

Hiding at 50 is useless. You can hide in houses always with 50, but fail more often than not anywhere else. Mage at gm will be useless with 30-40 intelegence. Tracking is very useful, and I would suggest that one of you pick that up. Or you two could split the bill. One could gm magery and get higher int. The other could gm something like tracking.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

GM Magery would be my suggestion. Parry is bad enough as it is; cutting it's usefulness in half is way more trouble than it's worth. 50 Hiding is not great, but I guess if you need to take a lot of bathroom breaks...

I'd go with GM Magery. Increases the usefulness of your heals, plus you can reliably cast a Reveal or Invisibility, your Cures get more effective (albeit slightly), you can toss out a blade spirit, etc.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

ms and cl and eq are not effected by eval + gate travel 40 int then you got cunning spell or cunning items for another 10 int.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

I also vote magery, though tracking is a decent skill at less than GM levels and 50 would be good. Hiding at 50 would be bad for escaping PK's, but is decent if you have to go afk.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

What's your design now?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Get up to 75 magery and do 25 tracking...so you can enter wind at least. ( I think you need 72 shown but 75 real is a good round number)
GM magery is very useful however...even on a dexxer.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

lordlp

Post by lordlp »

Wasn't getting a lot of replies so I ignored the thread.. sorry.

I decided to take the advice for GM magery - Qstaffs and HCrossbows don't show to much of a loss with 85 or 80 dex. GMing Magery as we speak so my stats are all fubared - I'll let you know how it turns out once it's done.

lordlp

Post by lordlp »

Well had a while to play with this guy - verdict is - he's a great support charactor for PvM - PvP his usefullness starts going down though he does play a decient suport roll with his 3 Gheals and archery. Even messed around with Explosion potions to help out. It's moderately successfull.

Bottom line is - GM magery is lost here. 45 mana allows for one gate, a few gheals, or self buffs... then you've got two minutes or more wait for mana. Magery should be high enough to cast reflection - get out a few heals - and recall without failures - past that you're simply waisting % in this guy.

I've decided to take this guy in another route - remove archery for poisioning - go swords. Hate to go cookie cutter but survival in PvP is your main consern here.

Magery will be dropped to 80-75%. I've been testing tracking out and at a MODIFIED 30% you can detect players from 1 1/2 screens away - even hidden. That alone has it's uses.

100% magery seems better to anything in combo with meditation - otherwise you're waisting it and archery seems better suited for tankmage or Orcs.

Return to “Guides”