Need help making a character...

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
gunslinger737

Need help making a character...

Post by gunslinger737 »

OK so this is what im thinkning of making for pvm.
Eval GM
Magery GM
Musicianship GM
Provocation GM
Swords GM
Tactics GM
Meditation 50
Resist 50

I like the swords just because if i need to i can get in there a finish sumthin off. But what i dont know is if i need more meditation or resist? Or do i even need meditation and resist? ... Any input would be great :D

Koden

Re: Need help making a character...

Post by Koden »

So I'm no wiz at being a wizard. But if your a PvM Bard sword seems wastfull. What will you be Barding? Ettons? or Dragons if your after Dragons I'm thinking you will say OOooo oooOOo A LOT by running in sword in hand to swat at that pesky Dragon with 15% life left. Why magic is not enough I don't understand but *if* you feel you need to have a way to make a nonmagic hole in things . . . Buy A Bow (and a fast monunt).
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish on UOSA and he will stay up until his wife yells at him to get to bed.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Koden wrote:So I'm no wiz at being a wizard. But if your a PvM Bard sword seems wastfull. What will you be Barding? Ettons? or Dragons if your after Dragons I'm thinking you will say OOooo oooOOo A LOT by running in sword in hand to swat at that pesky Dragon with 15% life left. Why magic is not enough I don't understand but *if* you feel you need to have a way to make a nonmagic hole in things . . . Buy A Bow (and a fast monunt).
^ That

A bards main offensive skill is Provo, and magic is a very nice finisher (more than enough than you should need, as an EV will kill ANYTHING in this game). You really don't need much more than that.

What you WILL need is a quick getaway so you can bank your mad lootz when the reds roll in. That's where wrestling and resist come in.

Music
Provo
Magery
Med
Eval
Wrestling
Resist

That is a stellar bard.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Bmohr225

Post by Bmohr225 »

What Pirul said. This is my 7x GM. Works wonders.

gunslinger737

Post by gunslinger737 »

Im probably gonna keep the swords just in case i want to farm sheep or fight smaller things other than Dragons that way i wont be wasting regs all the time. Also another question is is Anatomy needed if i keep the template i have or do you only need anatomy for healing?

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

take out resist for lp and make rounds :)
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

no wrestle will be a mistake

gunslinger737

Post by gunslinger737 »

son wrote:take out resist for lp and make rounds :)
Whats lp?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

What Felix is suggesting is to get lock picking, and make rounds of several hotspots as opposed to camping (hunting) only one spot, and having a small additional income from the loot that's in the chests.

Matty is correct, wrestling is a skill you can GM practically for free, and will pay for itself that one time that you can recall out with your 7k gold when a dexxer pk comes at you. For me, for a dungeon going solo PvM bard, wrestling is more important than resist, eval or med...together!!

Anatomy does 3 things (well, actually 4, but 2 of those are only related to healing and the other is useless), and the one you care for is that it DOES give a bonus to the dmg you inflict with your melee attack.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

gunslinger737

Post by gunslinger737 »

OK so im gonna go with
Magery GM
Eval GM
Provo GM
Music GM
Wrestling GM
Tactics GM
Lock Picking 50
Meditation 50

Yeah this a good PVM money maker? :?

Bmohr225

Post by Bmohr225 »

It is. Take out tactics. Replace with resist. Done.

(Edit) Read up on wrestling. In this era, wrestling is to magery what parrying is to swords/fencing/macing. The higher your wrestling, the less your spells get interrupted by melee damage.

Lucy the Lich

Post by Lucy the Lich »

Pirul wrote:
Koden wrote:So I'm no wiz at being a wizard. But if your a PvM Bard sword seems wastfull. What will you be Barding? Ettons? or Dragons if your after Dragons I'm thinking you will say OOooo oooOOo A LOT by running in sword in hand to swat at that pesky Dragon with 15% life left. Why magic is not enough I don't understand but *if* you feel you need to have a way to make a nonmagic hole in things . . . Buy A Bow (and a fast monunt).
^ That

A bards main offensive skill is Provo, and magic is a very nice finisher (more than enough than you should need, as an EV will kill ANYTHING in this game). You really don't need much more than that.

What you WILL need is a quick getaway so you can bank your mad lootz when the reds roll in. That's where wrestling and resist come in.

Music
Provo
Magery
Med
Eval
Wrestling
Resist

That is a stellar bard.
This bard made me 300k in a day while in Destard... Too easy.

gunslinger737

Post by gunslinger737 »

Hell Yeah :D gonna drop tactics and try to GM resist... its a pain in the behind but ill give it a try.... Any ideas on a fast way to gain resist from 0 ? And thank you everyone for the help its greatly appreciated :)

Woops this is what im goin with still debating about dropping LP and just GM meditation
Mage GM
Eval GM
Provo GM
Music GM
Wrestling GM
Resist GM
Meditation 50
Lock Picking 50

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

gunslinger737 wrote:Hell Yeah :D gonna drop tactics and try to GM resist... its a pain in the behind but ill give it a try.... Any ideas on a fast way to gain resist from 0 ? And thank you everyone for the help its greatly appreciated :)

Woops this is what im goin with still debating about dropping LP and just GM meditation
Mage GM
Eval GM
Provo GM
Music GM
Wrestling GM
Resist GM
Meditation 50
Lock Picking 50
Buy from mage to 30ish then use the following spells:

firefield 30-55
lightning 55-65
ebolt 65-80+ (caps at 85)
from that point FS to gm
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

gunslinger737

Post by gunslinger737 »

WiseOne wrote:
gunslinger737 wrote:Hell Yeah :D gonna drop tactics and try to GM resist... its a pain in the behind but ill give it a try.... Any ideas on a fast way to gain resist from 0 ? And thank you everyone for the help its greatly appreciated :)

Mage GM
Eval GM
Provo GM
Music GM
Wrestling GM
Resist GM
Meditation 50
Lock Picking 50
Buy from mage to 30ish then use the following spells:

firefield 30-55
lightning 55-65
ebolt 65-80+ (caps at 85)
from that point FS to gm
Awesome thanks... And casting those on myself would work?