Magery gains

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
cederboy

Magery gains

Post by cederboy »

So I read on the forums here for the best way to couple mage and resist was lightning to low 60's etc. I currently have 55.5 magery and 55.0 resist I have burned through 200 lightning regs and I have gained 0 resist and 1.5 magery... What am I doing wrong here?!?! Also my med has raised 0.1 I am starting from 0 since I figured this would raise quite quickly. So I need to raise it to NPC level med? Please help!

McSchnurke

Re: Magery gains

Post by McSchnurke »

Med is a lot harder to gain here than you may remember. Buy it up. As for how many regs you'll go through, just wait till you hit the high 90's in resist. Also, expect magery and resist to gain in different "shifts." Your resist may not gain for a bit till your magery is high enough then it'll start gaining while magery slows down. You'lll still GM magery first for sure.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Resist gains are damage based, so you'll have to get gm eval for the fastest resist gains. meditation gains when meditation skill is initiated at 100-(your med skill), so if your med is at 60, you'll want your macro to make you start meditating when your down to 40 mana, for this reason I'd recommend geting 100 intel before mage/resist/med macroing, just to make it a little easier.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

itwouldbewise

Post by itwouldbewise »

It sounds like you were macroing it in town. If you are macroing lightning bolts in town (where spells do 1 damage), you will not gain resist. You MUST macro it outside of town (it's of best to do it in a small house on THE CENTER TILE--you can be killed with meteor swarm from outside the house by griefers if you stand anywhere else). Several players on this shard are willing to lend you one if you want ot macro in it.

200 lightning regs for 1.5 magery? that's 0.1 per 10 lightning bolts--that's not bad, to be honest.

Other tips:
-To make it much less likely that you lightning bolt yourself to death, use a "if Hit points > 50" statement or something like that to determine whether your lightning macro actually fires it at yourself.
-You will need a healer to keep your life up (I recommend using a second client, second account with a warrior character (or even a newb 50 healing character). Just in case you didn't know: you can run 2 clients on the same computer. I found that the only drawback is that they crash more often if you are running the exact same macro on both clients, so watch out for that.
-to get meditation up, you need to set your macro up to actually cast lightning bolt when you are at the right mana level. My rule of thumb was to use the following formula to determine the mana level to use in the "if" statement for optimal gains:
"if Mana > INT - meditation skill" then cast lightning bolt on yourself...
"else" use meditation

e.g. if you have 30 meditation and 100 INT, then you should use 70 mana as your threshold for casting lightning bolt. If you cast all the way down so you are at 0-20 mana all the time, you will not gain because you have a 0% chance of success at that level with such low skill.

Meditation does not gain passively here--you have to use the skill (and use it at the optimal mana levels) to get gains.
Mistah T
The Pity-er of Fools

cederboy

Post by cederboy »

Cool I really appreciate all the info you guys have given me. I was macroing resist in town thus why I was probably not gaining resist! I will have to track someone down who has a house I can macro inside of. I will get my stats going first and get my eval to gm. I need time to gather more resources for regs anyway :)

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

hit me up in irc, ill place a small somewhere and coown you.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I also have houses you can use to macro in safely. Feel free to message me should you ever need to use one.

Cheers
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

xenoshaft

Post by xenoshaft »

I think you want lightning till about 70 then ebolt till about 91.. then FS to GM.

Return to “Guides”