Casting while moving?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Feyde
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Casting while moving?

Post by Feyde »

I've just been PK'd in Destard. The PK was casting on the move? How is this possible?

uoparanoid

Re: Casting while moving?

Post by uoparanoid »

FC 6/ FCR 6 - Lawl

Not questioning ur 1337 skillz, but sure it wasnt precast? otherwise omg hax! 0_0

Feyde
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Feyde »

uoparanoid wrote:FC 6/ FCR 6 - Lawl

Not questioning ur 1337 skillz, but sure it wasnt precast? otherwise omg hax! 0_0
The first bout could of been, but we were running around destard for a good while and he continued to combo me on the move.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

Most likely, they were using magic wands with spell charges such as lightning. Casting any spells with magery will cause your char to stop, altho level 1 spells have a very short delay which could be 'hid' by lag.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

What spells were they casting while it looked like they were moving?

Lightning? Fireball?

I know some people think that they are getting exploded by well-time Explosion Potions sometimes. At least i've had people tell me that they do.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Feyde
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Feyde »

mrbojangles wrote:Most likely, they were using magic wands with spell charges such as lightning. Casting any spells with magery will cause your char to stop, altho level 1 spells have a very short delay which could be 'hid' by lag.
Quite possible I guess, my resist is pitiful (57)...

After his opening combo I got taken down to 44%

After that my health dropped as follows;

Feyde's Stats: [44%]
Feyde's Stats: [28%]
Feyde's Stats: [29%]
Feyde's Stats: [10%]
You are dead.

Millerisfuntoplay

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

What was the pks name?

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

tele rings, purple pots...
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Looks like purple potions to me; damage seems too high to be from a lightning wand.

Feyde
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Feyde »

Millerisfuntoplay wrote:What was the pks name?
Not going to disclose his name but he was from the NWO clan.

machiavelli

Post by machiavelli »

Sorry for the bump, but this just happened to me as well. I was being chased by a PK in the Fire dungeon and it seemed as if the player was casting spells while moving. However, the spell that appeared to keep hitting me was explosion, so I guess it could've been an explosion potion. I have decent resist though, and managed to get some healing in, but throughout our chase I got hit about 10 times by explosions. I'm somewhat new, and have never used explosion potions, so could someone really be that accurate to hit a player that many times in the middle of a nonstop chase?

iamantitype

Post by iamantitype »

It was me, I was using an explosion wand.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

machiavelli wrote:Sorry for the bump, but this just happened to me as well. I was being chased by a PK in the Fire dungeon and it seemed as if the player was casting spells while moving. However, the spell that appeared to keep hitting me was explosion, so I guess it could've been an explosion potion. I have decent resist though, and managed to get some healing in, but throughout our chase I got hit about 10 times by explosions. I'm somewhat new, and have never used explosion potions, so could someone really be that accurate to hit a player that many times in the middle of a nonstop chase?
Accuracy is not a problem at all. Thanks to the wonders of Razor, you are their Last Target and they can simply hit a keyboard button set to "Target Last Target" and hit you perfectly. No movement of the mouse/cursor is needed.

The key to purple potions is the timing - ensuring it hits you and not themselves. Although, if you're on the run and at lower health, there is a certain amount of leeway here, in that they can hit themselves half the time and you half the time and still kill you well before they themselves are in any real danger.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

you'd have to be pretty bad to hit yourself 50% of the time
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Return to “Guides”