Guide: Scammed (How not to be)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Slimeball Jasper

Guide: Scammed (How not to be)

Post by Slimeball Jasper »

I have had a large history of scamming on OSI and I have created this guide so that you can know the tricks that people will use and safer practices when dealing with players
Enjoy.

TRADING WITH PLAYERS

1- A thief cannot steal something over 10 stones.
2- A thief cannot steal any blessed items unless they are in a bag, so don’t put them in a bag irregardless of the circumstances.
3- A thief cannot steal if there is one space in-between you two. I would suggest going to serpents hold, there are a bunch of chests at the bank with a table you can teleport behind and trade there. This way you cannot get stolen from.
4- If you think someone is a thief, we have the “MY UOSA” ( http://my.uosecondage.com/ ) at the top where you can search peoples characters and see their skills (or top 3)
5- When trading a house with another player, the deed will show up as blue, not as a plain deed.

IDEAS FOR A SAFE TRADE FOR LARGE ITEMS

1- Have the seller place a house and lock down the items in the house. Do reveal around the house and make sure nobody is in there and then lock the door. Make sure the items are locked down. Pay the extra 43k on top (the price for the house) and trade the house in this case. Leave after the trade is finished and return at a random time to pick up your item(s)
2- Have him place a vendor with the item(s) on it (works good for magic weapons, etc)

Buying bulk ingots, boards, cloth, regs?

1 - The small house trade (as seen above) if the increment is large enough

2- Have the seller of ingots split them up into separate increments and do the trading.

Yes option two is time consuming. However the honor system is much more flawed. Also, on OSI people used to hide in the back of brit bank as people would trade bulk resources back there by dropping them on the ground for the hidden to pick up – don’t have this happen to you

REWARD TRADING (CURRENTLY INACTIVE)

As of December 29th, 2008 the Clean up Britannia system has been closed.
This means that nobody can sell or buy tickets, and there has been no word of if this system is returnnig. Considering that it did not on OSI, I would not imagine it will.

If you are trading items from the CUB system know that they are blessed (yes including phoenix armor) however if you put the items in a bag, the bag can be stolen with your item inside. Same as if you die with the items in a bag.

TRADE TACTIC TO LOOK OUT FOR:

If you are in the middle of a trade with the window open and someone attacks you, gets guard wacked, and you notice a container on their corpse, do not grab anything off of the corpse and focus on the trade.

Players did this trick where they would come on alternate characters or have friends that would have a bag on them with 125 items and get guard wacked beside you. By picking up the container with all of these items and canceling the trade window, the item that is currently pending trade on your end will drop to the floor.

SELLING YOUR GOLD/ACCOUNTS ONLINE FOR RL MONEY:

I would suggest staying away. There are so many people right now who are paying for things even on ebay via paypal and using credit card, then recieving the item, doing a charge back and getting their money back and you as the seller, can do NOTHING.
I won't even sell on ebay for this reason, the credit card companies and Paypal will beat around the bush, delay and waste your time with the end result being the same.
Unless he is paying via bank account (which takes 5-7 business days to clear) - stay away.

CO OWNERSHIP/FRIENDS, ETC:

-Read my final notes in regards to "Dont trust anyone"
-If you have a house that a lot of friends use, even if you know them well, I would suggest having one house for your valuables, and the main house for your friends.
-If you live in a large house and simply cannot buy another to store your things in and your bank doesnt suffice and you must ABSOLUTELY use this house for your valuables, I would suggest placing small forges to block the entrance to that area as co-owner cannot remove add-ons from your house.

HOW TO NOT GET YOUR HOUSE LOOTED

1- Detect hidden. Always. I use it sometimes 3 times through the events in my house per recall, and I recall a lot back and forth.
2- Lock your doors all the time, if you have them open, you should be detecting more often.
3- It is a lot harder for someone to get past your trash barrel than it is to move past a bunch of tables when you release and relock them down. I'm still unable to stealth into someones house if they use trash barrels, so get into the habit of it.
4. Make sure when you block off a room for security with tables that it is solid lines with no break in the corner. A lot of times what people will do is send a ghost into your house and run a macro ALL DAY where they are just running trying to get into your back room.

Once in, they get on their mage and res the ghost across the tables using the crack in the tables as passage if you have not made straight lines with the tables.
5. If you own a keep make sure the secton beside the stairs is blocked off (Where the railing squares off in the main area) as somehow ghosts can be resed above level in a certain spot even when you have blocked off the stairs with tables.

Final notes:

DON’T TRUST ANYONE. (When scamming I have re-made characters with the same fame/karma as popular people and went around to their friends asking for gold, co-ownership their house, and so forth – so make sure that you check your bases.)
DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFOREHAND (Don’t know if something is blessed? Ask around and I’m sure someone will have the answer for you)
PAY THE EXTRA MONEY TO INSURE A SAFE TRADE
CHECK YOUR CHEQUES EVERY TIME.
(People used to buy something for 50k, then keep canceling out the trade window over and over until finally putting a cheque for 5k in once you are frustrated enough to just accept without checking the amount)
DETECT HIDDEN everytime in your house. I use it once when I get in, again when I close the door, and once before i am about to recall.

Questions, concerns? PM me.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide: Scammed (How not to be)

Post by Mirage »

Very nice.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Return to “Guides”