How to take off a disguise kit in 30 seconds (give or take)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Farlist

How to take off a disguise kit in 30 seconds (give or take)

Post by Farlist »

Have two trapped boxes on you (explosion best from a GM tinkerer), close your paper doll if open and leave closed for the duration of the following actions if closed.

Put on yourself a disguise go to your nearest healer and use on of the trapped boxes, resurrect yourself and repeat.

You have now successfully removed the disguise kit in 30 seconds give or take.

Additional information and explanations:

If you want to know how this process works and how you can exploit it in two other ways go to my other guide: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36868 (This explains how to change your beard and hair color to different colors when not disguised using the disguise kit, prolong the disguise kit's use and the more basic way of removing it if you don't have two trapped boxes)

If you plan on making the trapped boxes yourself trap them while they are on the floor to avoid a murder count (mistakes happen)

This is easily macroable:

Code: Select all

Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1076386369|3709
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|1|0|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|8198|True
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1075798453|3709
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|1|0|0
Once you get the two trapped boxes re-target them (right click on the first line press re-target, go to the game screen and single click the trapped box, do the same with line seven and click the other one)

How to use the macro: Play the macro close to the healer, the macro will wait for a menu, walk/run back and forth to get the healer to recognize you.

You will automatically pick to resurrect yourself and set off the next bomb, do this again to auto-resurrect again, the macro is finished and you will be without a disguise.

After doing this a few times you will get the hang of it and it will take very little time to do.

Recommendation: Place in your thief's bank box a container of sorts to keep your two trapped boxes as to not accidentally place anything inside them when you put your loot in place.

Before you disconnect, close your paper doll grab the two trapped boxes and remove the disguise at the healer so as to avoid logging in with unset in-game macro's or non costume interface settings.

Random

Re: How to take off a disguise kit in 30 seconds (give or ta

Post by Random »

That certainly look fun to do!

But I think casting Incognito or Polymorph will do the same without the crafting / dieing / rezing part =)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Is it possible to Join the thieves guild then drop stealing in order to make use of the disguise kit?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Dirty Jack

Post by Dirty Jack »

think you need atleast 60 stealing to use the disguise or thats what i remember.

SethTersius

Post by SethTersius »

You are correct, you must be in the guild to use. I have so many disguise kits around, I have at some point tried on my tinker to use one.

And yes, as I added in your other thread, it doesnt matter how you die, but two deaths and its gone.

Note that this is on death, not res. So if someone has a ghost nearby and you have a death already, they will see your true identity!

Farlist

Post by Farlist »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Is it possible to Join the thieves guild then drop stealing in order to make use of the disguise kit?
I think it is, I heard it is from someone its possible but I am not certain (I did not try it), I will check it on my brawler character XD.

But it will take some time since I am not planning to even start on it any time soon..

One thing is for certain, if you are not in the guild you may not use/buy the kit (I have tried this).

Farlist

Post by Farlist »

SethTersius wrote:You are correct, you must be in the guild to use. I have so many disguise kits around, I have at some point tried on my tinker to use one.

And yes, as I added in your other thread, it doesnt matter how you die, but two deaths and its gone.

Note that this is on death, not res. So if someone has a ghost nearby and you have a death already, they will see your true identity!

That is not the question, the question is it possible to lower your stealing under 65 (I believe it was) or to 0 and still be in the guild and use the kit (making it possible for everyone to put it on all of their characters for use)

SethTersius

Post by SethTersius »

Farlist wrote:
SethTersius wrote:You are correct, you must be in the guild to use. I have so many disguise kits around, I have at some point tried on my tinker to use one.

That is not the question, the question is it possible to lower your stealing under 65 (I believe it was) or to 0 and still be in the guild and use the kit (making it possible for everyone to put it on all of their characters for use)

I misunderstood sorry.

But I am almost positive you get kicked if it goes lower.

Farlist

Post by Farlist »

SethTersius wrote:But I am almost positive you get kicked if it goes lower.

: /

If you are not 100% I guess I can test it out, but this will take a very long time and I don't have the patience to try anything massive right now : p.

I heard of this from another person who said he often starts with stealing and the thieves guild to be able to use the disguise kit.

Then again I don't remember who told me and in which version so that is of little use : /

SethTersius

Post by SethTersius »

I wouldnt worry about it. 99% sure you get kicked, and its not worth all those hours to find out XD

Downs

Post by Downs »

Is casting incognito and logging out till incognito expires some extremely well kept secret to dropping your disguise or something?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Return to “Guides”