Seth's Easy Lumberjacking Guide

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
SethTersius

Seth's Easy Lumberjacking Guide

Post by SethTersius »

Hey everyone.

I thought I would post a few tips for the newer players. Most of the vets know the basics of macros, and lumberjacking macros, even the most complex, arent hard to set up. Lumberjacking is pretty boring, but to a new player who would rather do a bit of chopping than farming to start a new character, this might make it a bit easier to get a "nest egg." Boards can be sold to other players in large lumps (usually in increments of 25000, but if you are new some nicer players might go out of their way to buy 5k if you are desperate)

First of all, credit to Enders Gathering Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28083

I would suggest anyone looking to gather resources check out that thread. It will go into much more detail in terms of macro setup, whereas I will be going more heavily into the wheres and hows.

So taking the above macro, we can set up something fairly simple:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|8|-1|0
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Dress: Axe
Assistant.Macros.DressAction|Axe
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1305|
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|5
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|-1|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01.1000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|harvest
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|0|Next tree!
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|5|1|370
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|4144|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|1|7127|0
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|1|7127|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08

From Enders guide, this macro will chop in one direction, and reequip an axe when it breaks. It also uses a froe (or other carp device) to turn logs into boards as you become overencumbered. Logs are very heavy, and you can only carry about 200 naked, however you can carry 700 boards. Its straightforward, easy to set up and all you really need to get started. There are a few other things you can add, if you want to make it a bit more automated. These things arent hard at all, you just have to set them up once. I wont go into too much detail, but just so you know it can be done.

MAGERY

You can add magery to your mule, and save a lot of walking. There are a few places which I will show in a minute that will allow you to sit in one place and gather about 700 boards. So you can set up your macro to recall to a spot, check for wood, then when the "not enough wood" message is recieved, either recall and bank, or recall to the next spot.

TINKERING

If you have tinkering on the same character, you can add into your macro a set of variables to craft a new tool if one breaks. Make sure when you set up your macro, you check to see if you have a tool before you go to chop. One important thing about macros is getting the "if" and "else" right, and in the right order. It isnt hard with some trial and error though.

NOTE

For you new players, you will need 100 STR to make most use of this setup. If you do not, search for guides on Herding, and macro that somewhere besides Britain for a while until you have 100 str.
Now, taking the basic macro, go to Delucia. There are several spots in the following pictures, where you can use the above macro to sit and gather about 700 boards per spot.

There are two here, the one on the left has a bit more than the right.

This one has about 700.

This one is to the North of the first picture, and has a bit less than 700.

This is northeast of the bank, and has quite a bit. If you are like me and lazy, you might have to teleport to #8 rather than adjusting the relative location of the macro :)

There are more of these spots, but you start to get further from the bank.

THE ROUTINE
If you go the simple route, and dont add magery, then all you need to do is start at one spot and go through them in order. Go to one spot, gather the 700, and then go to the bank and put away your boards and gather new tools if needed. By the time you get to the last spot, the first will have respawned. Doing this you can easily gather enough boards to sell for a small house in a few hours. Just DO NOT AFK - IT IS AGAINST THE RULES! Not responsible for people that go piss using this setup and get banned! XD Always pause your macro any time you leave your chair.

If you are using the above macro, this is what you should have in your bag at all times. The low weight allows you to carry all 700 from one spot.

A store bought axe will last you about a spot, spot and a half. A tinkered one will last much longer. Even store bought froes tend to last many trips around the spots. Personally I am lazy, and I keep a bank of about 10k on my mule, and go buy out the blacksmith in Delucia whenever I run out.

Enjoy!

Return to “Guides”