Guide: Money as a new player.

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Slimeball Jasper

Guide: Money as a new player.

Post by Slimeball Jasper »

Here are some easier ways to create gold for yourself:

ORDER GUARDS:

Macro magery until 55-65 (Read my tips at the bottom for reagent advice)

There are order guards (NPC’s with order shields) that are outside of town that are in guard posts, Xroad buildings, and so forth.
One or two blade spirits kill them, they don’t give murder counts, they have 300-400 gold on them and when you sell the plate armor off of their bodies they provide another 600-700 gold, a total of around 900-1000 per kill.

I made around 50k an hour here no problem as a new player.

Notes:

-You will want to have runes to the bank and a safe location outside of guards.. as if someone comes and is going to attack you while your bladespirit is attacking one of the npc's, if you recall into town you will get guard wacked.
-You do not want to melee these as they take a fairly long time to kill and dish out a lot of damage.
-They do not instantly kill you like in town guards would.

(A good example of a location of where to find order guards is the 5-7 Guard NPC’S that are near the compassion shrine/desert where the xroads from yew/vesper/Britain meet – NE of the Britain swamps and south of the desert near the blodrock orc fort)

RESOURCES:

Mining being the best as ignots are always running out, and sell fast.
Watch out for pk's as miners are prime targets. Try to mine somewhere that you wouldnt consider looking.. like the mountains near brit X roads, etc.

Ignots sell for around 7-8gp per and once your mining skill is up, it will go by quite quickly.

TAILORING:

Create a character with 50 tailoring and macro to buy cloth, make fancy shirts, and resell to the tailor. Note that you probably will get town killed, so its good to be monitoring this while you are doing it. It is a slow process, but risk free (other than town killers) and does generate profit for you over time.

STEALING:
From monsters: Without being in the thieves guild you are able to steal from monsters such as their gold. I would suggest also having healing when doing this.

From players: When I had no gold what so ever I made a thief and made 40k within a week just stealing in my spare time at the bank.

PROVOKE:

Although macroing provoke in town has its disadvantages such as townkillings, etc. It is a great money gathering template.

However if you have no magery, little to no skills, and are looking to farm - pick somewhere that pk's wont be rampant.

Such as compassion shrine, Outside of sepents hold (silver serpents), harpy room in covetous, third level of shame, despise, orgre lord room in wrong, cove orc fort, moonglow/cove/nujelm GY.

MONSTERS:
There are plenty of monsters outside of the brit graveyard, so stay away from the graveyard if you would like to keep your loot as it is constantly rampant with pk's.
Look around the wilderness and kill anything you see, and skin it.

TIPS:
- Stay in IRC. People are always giving away gold publically in irc to new players and will meet you anywhere in game to hand it over.
- Get the hiding skill.
- Ask for gold from players but dont harass them (and from experience and from other people telling me, creating a girl character to ask for gold can yield better success from players.)
- Macro your skills whenever you are not playing the game.
- Dont be so easy to trust. A lot of players will try to rip you off even for your 50gp and bone armor, just for the laugh/thrill of it.
- Blues are pk's too. Due to statloss, there are more blue's pking than red. So be cautious with all players.
- Bank your gold immediately.
- If you make a few mage characters and transfer the reagents, you should easily get around 150 of each reg that is newbied.

QUESTIONS?
CONCERNS?
PM ME
Last edited by Slimeball Jasper on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Guide: Money as a new player.

Post by RoadKill »

I just want to make a correction, Order Guards are no longer worth farming. They drop 3 pieces of platemail and no gold. (Derrick fixed it I believe)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Slimeball Jasper

oh, news to me.. mind you it has been a good couple of months since ive killed one.
either way the plate will sell for around 600-700gps.

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

I don't think you can actually kill them
GuardianKnight wrote:He wants voltron's sword to be stuck in him.
[23:23] <Alcon> can i get a price check on shemps blade?
ShastaMcNasty wrote:FREE THE RED NIGHTMARE!!!

Slimeball Jasper

Voltron wrote:I don't think you can actually kill them
I will have to try when I get back home today.

Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

nice post. I am a new secondage player and haven't played in years

I got pked in Ogre room last night though. Lost a magic chainmail tunic, 2 tmaps, and a bunch of gold. :(

It all ended well and made a new friend along the way. Nicole saw me running back to Britain naked and we went back together, after she bought me a horse:) I think we netted some nice gold and she got a few maps.

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

Also a good way to make money:

Start a character with 50 magery and 50 inscription and macro making lightning scrolls, ebolt scrolls, flame strike, etc. scrolls easily make 100% profit as along as you don't make thousands at a time...usually 100 at a time will yeild a great profit...more then enough to stock up on regs and keep magery caught up to inscription...also works meditation. Plus you will be checking the scroll vendor regularly and will be able to fill a full spell book at vendor cost and probably save some money trying to find one for sale on a player run vendor. Plus you will gain a skill where you can make your own recall scrolls (almost immediately with little to no fail rate), runebooks, and full spell books for alts.

A great almost risk free money maker:
Once your inscription character has high enough magery to gate, cast explosion with few fails, make a fisherman...Macro fishing off the dock in brit until 80 (can get to 92.3 but gains stop after that from town) While macroing make an organize agent to put sandals, shoes, boots, and thigh boots into a sell container and once a day or so go sell all those boots should easily make 1k per trip after a full day of fishing. Before you know it you have enough money to buy a boat. Take your fisherman and your mage on a boat and make a macro to fish spots dry and move with your fisherman. Use your mage to kill the Serpants that come up (Takes ~4 explosion spells to kill a regular serpant double that for a deep see serpant.) Each Serpant will drop 3 to 4 hundred gold and 4 of either Sulf Ash or Black Pearl. Also drop magic weapons, armor, jewelry, lvl 1 T-maps (which your mage with 0.0 cartography can decode and dig up without any of the "T-hunter skils". Eventually your fisherman will be able to fish MiBs and make even more money. But I have never seen anyone else out in the middle of the ocean and have only died because of falling asleep at the helm and serpants killing me as my characters stand there with their thumbs up their asses.

Slimeball Jasper

Leonardo wrote: I got pked in Ogre room last night though. Lost a magic chainmail tunic, 2 tmaps, and a bunch of gold. :(
Thats suprising.
I jump on my pk quite often and I generally hit just hot spots, vendors and player housing. I don't take the time to look over every possible spot/dungeon location as its just far too time consuming (such as cove orc forts, multiple GY's, and orgre lord room)
I would suggest thinking "If i was going to kill someone, where wouldnt I go" and go there to kill things. (ie: first level of deciet, covetous gazers deep on level 1, deep in shame level 2 away from air elementals, hyloth level 1, etc) Work smaller mobs until you have the money to defend yourself and ALWAYS be on the lookout for reds.

Omigad

Post by Omigad »

I'll share how i started as well.

Covetous LV 1 harpy room. While ur working up ur skill, drag harpies over the traps by the entrance to weaken them or kill them. Good way to make money and decent way to gain some skill in the process. About 100 gold per harpy plus a gem or 2

Gotta be careful not to run over the traps urself, just line it up so they'll walk over it. You start to work out a pattern.

It's visited somewhat often, so don't carry more than you're willing to lose.

SoulStealer A.O

Post by SoulStealer A.O »

Hey just starting out and was wondering if the order guard thing still works? Anything but Tailoring!!! ;p

Return to “Guides”