Inscription Guide

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Inscription Guide

Post by Hoots »

Xarx wrote:I am getting really shitty gains with recall scrolls at 51 skill. Shouldn't it be a 5th level scroll?
this guide is wrong. You should only do recall scrolls until 50-51. Then go right to EB!

no 5th level scrolls needed.

Xarx

Post by Xarx »

thx

Ash
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ash »

I am also having problems making runebooks. 10 blank scrolls, gate scroll, recall scroll and empty rune. Do I target the scrolls to make the book? How much magery and inscription do you need to make it?

Waldo

Post by Waldo »

Target the blank recall rune tp create a book 75 inscription skill or close should be good

backdown00

Post by backdown00 »

I started a new character and went to inscribe a blade spirits scroll. I had 50 magery 50 inscription. I used the inscription skill and went to make the scroll and it says I do not have that scroll. Clearly I do not have it, I want to make it, why won't it let me try and crate a blade spirits scroll?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

backdown00 wrote:I started a new character and went to inscribe a blade spirits scroll. I had 50 magery 50 inscription. I used the inscription skill and went to make the scroll and it says I do not have that scroll. Clearly I do not have it, I want to make it, why won't it let me try and crate a blade spirits scroll?
You need to have the spell in your spellbook.

backdown00

Post by backdown00 »

Derrick wrote:
backdown00 wrote:I started a new character and went to inscribe a blade spirits scroll. I had 50 magery 50 inscription. I used the inscription skill and went to make the scroll and it says I do not have that scroll. Clearly I do not have it, I want to make it, why won't it let me try and crate a blade spirits scroll?
You need to have the spell in your spellbook.
I feel silly as I never used this skill, but this would mean I have to obtain the spell via purchasing it or finding it somewhere so I could then make it? I guess for my needs, if I found the spell, I would not need to make it. i think I just misunderstood the skill as I never used it before heh.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Yeah, you need to have the spell in the spellbook of the character that you're inscribing with. On the other hand, once the spell has been obtained and you can inscribe it into a scroll, you can put the spell into other spellbooks that lack that spell, ie you other characters, or for selling to other players.

Ash
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ash »

Ash wrote:I am also having problems making runebooks. 10 blank scrolls, gate scroll, recall scroll and empty rune. Do I target the scrolls to make the book? How much magery and inscription do you need to make it?
Thanks

Shadow_Nirvana

Post by Shadow_Nirvana »

so if I have with 50.0 magery and 53.0 inscription should i go straight to 6th circle spells? but won't that hurt my skill gain?(because I will probably ruin more than half the scrolls...)

Valyr

Post by Valyr »

Macro your magery up first nirvana. You have to have the magery skill aswell to inscribe the spell. From what I gather the it is unneccasary to make fifth lvl scrolls cause the gains are just as good/better jsut skipping ahead to sixth lvl. Thats what Im getting from the previouse statements anyways.

krewlbr

Post by krewlbr »

does GM inscription effect magic reflection? cant remember if it was UOR. or some random bullshit on some random free server, think is was Zulu Hotel.

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

krewlbr wrote:does GM inscription effect magic reflection? cant remember if it was UOR. or some random bullshit on some random free server, think is was Zulu Hotel.
Inscription effected Reactive Armor during UO:R, it was added the same time that Poisoning skill increased the level of the poison you cast.

To everyone else that is working inscription:

When training only use 2 reagent scrolls...if you start with NPC Training the order should go:

Poisoning
Lightning
Ebolt
Flamestrike

Flamestrike will GM you, there is no need to make 8th circle scrolls at all. I would advise making them until the gains stop completely before switching as this will drastically reduce your fails when you switch up to the next set of spells. Just as a side note...training inscription this way more than payed for magery to GM...much more.

GMing inscription will basically pay for three skills to GM - Inscription, Magery, and Meditation.

mrselfdestruct

Post by mrselfdestruct »

So poisoning won't affect how much poison the mage hits the target with in T2A? Basically pointless for a mage, right?

Balanar

Post by Balanar »

Does this skill do anything to magery? Like make reflect or reactive armor more potent? or increase dmg of magery in any way?