Inscription Guide

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Zane

Re: Inscription Guide

Post by Zane »

nope

Helvinr

Post by Helvinr »

Here is my razor macro for this. I find it to be very useful. Ask me any questions you have about it, and I'll be happy to help.

If ( Mana >= 50 )
Exec: Restocking Agent -1
Exec: Target Self
Pause 1.50sec
UseSkill Inscription
Wait for Target
Pause .50sec
Absolute Target
Wait for Menu (Any)
Pause .50sec
MenuResponse 2
Wait for Menu (Any)
Pause .50sec
MenuResponse 1
Pause 7.00sec
End If
If ( SysMessage "you inscribe" )
Lift Energy Bolt Scroll (1F56) - 1
Drop to xxx <------ a stack of scrolls in your bank
End If
If ( Mana <= 49 )
UseSkill Meditation
Pause 10.00sec
End If

It's near-thief-proof and allows for meditation gain as well as inscription gain. Modify to the values accordingly.

Keep in mind:
-You need your bank box open.
-You need at least 1 scroll in your bank to add to when you make the drop portion of the macro.
-My restock macro uses 1 BP 1 NS and 2 Scrolls. Doesn't seem to want to work with just 1 scroll.
-Macro near NPC's just in case a thief does try to make off with your goods.

Harris

Post by Harris »

Earlier this morning I started messing around with the inscription skill and left it macroing all day.
I used two books, one blank, one with "Blah blah blah" written inside it. After about 8 hours macroing my character has 46.7 Inscription. That number would be much higher but I looped Arms Lore alongside scribing.

I thought this might be useful for those who already have high Magery and don't want to burn regs to get to 50+ Inscription. Just an observation. First reply. Love the shard.

This method pegs out at 48.0 points, not 50+.

Bag

Post by Bag »

Harris wrote:Earlier this morning I started messing around with the inscription skill and left it macroing all day.
I used two books, one blank, one with "Blah blah blah" written inside it. After about 8 hours macroing my character has 46.7 Inscription. That number would be much higher but I looped Arms Lore alongside scribing.

I thought this might be useful for those who already have high Magery and don't want to burn regs to get to 50+ Inscription. Just an observation. First reply. Love the shard.

Just wanted to confirm this method. Used 2 newbie books, got inscription to 45 real skill in one night, very easy way to raise from vendor-bought skill.

Unknown Unknown
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Unknown Unknown »

anyone have a .macro format for inscription? I tried entering in the macro above manually and it breaks the loop after it's first run...

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

I would recommend using the restock/organizer agent for scrolls rather the adding a drag and drop into Razor, razor will time out easily on that...
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Bruno_Steelhart

Post by Bruno_Steelhart »

My macro always gets hung up on the targeting blank scrolls. If you change it to target by type it doesn't work right. If you leave the pile as an absolute target whenever you restock it fails to recognize it because its no longer the absolute target. I am lost.

Bruno_Steelhart

Post by Bruno_Steelhart »

Nevermind I got it.

Edgeucated

Post by Edgeucated »

Bag wrote:
Harris wrote:Earlier this morning I started messing around with the inscription skill and left it macroing all day.

Just wanted to confirm this method. Used 2 newbie books, got inscription to 45 real skill in one night, very easy way to raise from vendor-bought skill.

Could you elaborate a little more on what you did for someone that hasn't used Inscription before? Are we copying one book onto the blank one or what?

Thanks.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Edgeucated wrote:
Bag wrote:

Could you elaborate a little more on what you did for someone that hasn't used Inscription before? Are we copying one book onto the blank one or what?

Thanks.
Bump, I'm also interested in this answer.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Orbanaz

Post by Orbanaz »

I am working on inscription as well.

The trick with the book got me to 50 after macroing for a while. It stops at 50.

Get 2 books, write a bunch of stuff in 1 and leave the second blank.

Useskill inscription
click the book with writing in it
click the blank book

That's basically what you will need to macro, or something like that haha, I deleted the macro I used :(

Hope that helps.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Ty, will try it.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Skawilly

Post by Skawilly »

I will say this about raising recalls to 60, even though its slow you will get your moneys worth in sales.

Blood

Post by Blood »

This is what I did to get to GM.
0.00 - 50.0 (Copied text books)
50.0 - 51.1 ( 121 poison scrolls)
51.1 - 75.9 (1553 ebolts scrolls, 4.5k regs aprox)
75.9 - 100.0 (5256 fs scrolls, 9k regs aprox)

Strabo

Post by Strabo »

Are these numbers "real" level or displayed?