Re: Meditation

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Anomen

Re: Guide : Meditation

Post by Anomen »

Gives inscription - in T2A - the player a slight bonus to their Magery spell damage?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Eulogy wrote:Seems like the magic hat trick for meditation only gets med to about 62.
Here's a great trick to gain meditation past 62.

Go and buy 20 bottles of alcohol (make sure they are the same kind, they are only 7gp ea) and set a macro like this.

Dbl Click alcohol
Wait for Target (make sure to edit the timeout to 1)
Target Self
Use skill Meditation
Wait 10s
Use skill Meditation
Wait 10s
Use skill Meditation
Wait 10s
Use skill Meditation
Wait 10s
Use skill Meditation
Wait 10s
Use skill Meditation
Wait 10s
Use skill Meditation
Wait 10s
Use skill Meditation
Wait 10s
loop

When you're drunk, your mana deteriorates rather fast. When your meditation is up high, you need to be at a lower % mana to gain the skill.

I just gained from 62 to 93 in about 3 hours.
This is by far the best way to GM meditation. It costs roughly 300 gold to buy enough bottles to GM.

I'll add two suggestions to the macro, which make it a little more complex but, more efficient. See below.

If Mana >= 70
Dbl Click by type: alcohol
Wait for Target (make sure to edit the timeout to 1)
Target Self
Else
FOR: 12 loops
Use skill Meditation
Wait 10s
End For

At 62 meditation, when gains stop from the magic hat, you'll want to meditate at fairly high levels of mana. Remember, you just got to 62 Meditation based off of only being down 5 mana points. Using Meditation at 70 mana will have a higher success rate and a higher chance to gain at 65 or even 75 meditation. Plus, you won't waste bottles by continuing to drink from them when you're already fully drunk (i.e. at 0 mana).

When you get to 80 meditation or so, switch the first line to "If Mana >= 30" or something like that. That will work to GM.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Thesbus wrote:Because you are spending money on regs just to raise meditation, when you could be making money scribing spells and get the same effect...Hell even if you are going to drop inscription after you GM Magery/Meditation you will still have made anywhere in the vacinity of 100k gold profit off of inscription after buying regs for Magery.

But, if you want to just spend money casting flamestrike on yourself to get the same effect..far be it for me to stop you.
Because every tank is a scribe right? :wink:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

How am I doing meditation, and it is working great.

First goto the inn and buy out all the ale. You should have around 40-60 ale.

Set up a macro in razor as follows:
if (mana>=[120-skill level])
Double Click (bottle of ale)
Wait for target
Target self
Pause 5.00 sec // this is so you don't get ridiculously drunk too fast and goto 0 mana
end if

if (mana<=[120-skill level])
Exec: Meditation
say guards /*this can be replaced with anything that will stop you meditating. there is no point in meditating your mana back up, it will slow your gains. i chose to say something, as there is no delay or target*/
Wait 10.00 Sec
end if
[120 - skill level] seems to be the sweet spot. i tried a bunch of other numbers which resulted in poor gains. if you feel you can improve the macro, try playing around with those numbers, or the pause on the drinking ale. i am getting great gains though.

The ale will last you a long time with this macro. Your character generally takes 1-2 sips and then gets drunk again, once you reach the first if statement.

update: So far I have spent about 700 gold on ale, and am currently at 74 meditation (from 28 NPC bought skill).
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Eulogy's drunk meditation macro works beautifully. Gains are pretty slow after you hit 80, but I was able to GM meditation from about 84 to 100 in about 9 hours.

In case there's any confusion, you absolutely can meditate while drunk - in fact this is why the macro works. MWI - meditating while intoxicated.

Make sure when you target the bottle, you target by TYPE, otherwise it will just cause you to drink the first bottle you clicked and then stop.

baronvf

Post by baronvf »

Can someone please explain to me the magic hat trick?

I tried macroing putting the magic wizard hat on and off and meditating in between, but that seemed to do nothing to increase mediation.

Im pretty much stuck at 33 or so.

Any help / macros would be appreciated.

Thanks!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

baronvf wrote:Can someone please explain to me the magic hat trick?

I tried macroing putting the magic wizard hat on and off and meditating in between, but that seemed to do nothing to increase mediation.

Im pretty much stuck at 33 or so.

Any help / macros would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Magic hat trick won't work anymore, the gains were mostly from passive meditation gains (which aren't on this shard anymore). You may be able to get it up to like 60 if you lock your int at 10 (depending on how it works). Not worth it, just use the "drunk meditation" macro.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

CrazyJoe

Post by CrazyJoe »

Something must not be right on my end, I ran the macro and I'm stuck at 35.9

Ran it through the night, burned 10 bottles of Ale.

I'm skill base 624.
Meditation is NOT locked.
I'm drunk, int is 5/49 currently for example.
I'm sitting here naked so there's no armor screwing things up.

"You cannot focus your concentration" repeatedly.

I have no clue ><

Bag

Post by Bag »

You have to remember that Med gains are best when your mana is at the correct percentage. The relationship between ideal skill gain mana and Med is inverse, so as you gain more med, you need to med at lower mana.

For example, at 35 med with 100 int, you'd want to med @ 65/100 mana. Now in your example with approximately 50 int, you'd want to med @ 35 skill w/~33 mana. I've found that skill gain is best w/i 10 points of the ideal mana level. I work my macro with an if statement and I usually make it 10 above my target (to not get too drunk) and I also say "." after I med to stop medding right away to get the most out of the mana level.
For example, at 35 skill w/100 int:

If Mana > 75, drink
for 1 to 5
med
say "."
pause 10s
end for
else
for 1 to 5
med
say "."
pause 10s
end for
end if

remember that alcohol doesn't hit your mana right away but gradually, so don't just drink and drink and drink or you'll get crunk hella fast. also I macro in full leather since I WANT to slow mana gain during med macroing. done this w/5 chars to gm med very easily.

baronvf

Post by baronvf »

CrazyJoe wrote:Something must not be right on my end, I ran the macro and I'm stuck at 35.9

I'm skill base 624.

I have no clue ><
Most guides are based on you having 100 int.

You could raise int pretty quickly by seesawing camping (get skills up to skill cap, raise camping to 20, then lower it back to 0 using herding)

and also most people on here seem to say its not 100-meditation skill = the mana you should be under to start med, it is 120

example

65 med, you should be drinking to be under 55 mana.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

CrazyJoe wrote:Something must not be right on my end, I ran the macro and I'm stuck at 35.9

I'm skill base 624.

I have no clue ><
With 5/49 mana (10% mana), and 35.9 meditation, you have no chance to succeed, therefore you will never gain. The sweet spot for gains is 120-skill... so
120-36
=84% is the best to gain.

with 49 mana that's 41/49. Though the macro will run best with 100 int, you can always alter the delays to find the right timing (which takes a while of attended macro).

Blood

Post by Blood »

Guide to Meditation, the art of mana regeneration, by Xena Dragon
I know theres a few links to the old uo.stratics web pages, to get them it is required to navigate on the forums. I think it would be an excellent idea to create a webpage just like the old good uo.stratics main page with the links we currently have with skills, calculators, monsters, animals, dungeons, PoI, etc.

These kinds of guides are excellent to the new player and the calculators are great to the experienced. Also, I know theres the uo wiki and other pages but they dont have exactly the uo.stratics content, Im talking like a clone webpage.

My 2 cents :wink:

mrredhatter

Post by mrredhatter »

I'm real confused. Do I make a studded armor set with a non-studded tunic or do I make a full non-studded set for the mages out there?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

mrredhatter wrote:I'm real confused. Do I make a studded armor set with a non-studded tunic or do I make a full non-studded set for the mages out there?
Best to just not wear any armor at all. Even just wearing a leather tunic will have a noticeable effect on mana regen.

roguan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by roguan »

Long overdue.
"The NPK"