Re: Meditation

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Proxen

Re: Guide : Meditation

Post by Proxen »

I've been using the drinking technique since buying the skill up. I don't know if I missed a crucial post about not using it until a certain point or what, but it does not work nearly as well as indicated. I may be doing something wrong but I used the macros shown up here, and went from ~31 to 45, and then 45 to 53, having used up 40 bottles of ale both times (80 total). I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or this technique was curbed in a patch, or what.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Proxen wrote:I've been using the drinking technique since buying the skill up. I don't know if I missed a crucial post about not using it until a certain point or what, but it does not work nearly as well as indicated. I may be doing something wrong but I used the macros shown up here, and went from ~31 to 45, and then 45 to 53, having used up 40 bottles of ale both times (80 total). I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or this technique was curbed in a patch, or what.
you can't meditate while drunk anymore.

best to just gain it while you gain magery, and finish it off casting poisons.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Proxen

Post by Proxen »

Ahh, well that does change things. Thanks for the heads up.

Delirious

Post by Delirious »

I drank a half a jug and was able to med, what are you guys talking about? I haven't tested this, but I drank to see and it was fine... Am I missing something?

Chadarius

Post by Chadarius »

As I am working on meditation at the moment I thought I would update the thread.

Firstly, the magic hat trick does work and it works well. I've gained 1.9 points in the last hour using it.

I setup a macro that Does the following.

Lift 1 - 0x407BCB2E ; your magic hat
Equip to 0x22CA2 (L:Head) ; your head
Pause 1.00sec
Exec: Meditation
Pause: 10.00sec
Lift 1 - 0x407BCB2E
Drop to 0x407A7CAF (@(98, 96, 0)) ; your pack
Pause: 1.00sec

Once that stops gaining I'll switch to the drunk script. Its pretty cheap compared with using spells and all those regs.

Here is a quick way to calculate the ~ sweet spot. INT-((INT * MED)/100)

So at 70 INT and 45 MED it calculates like so. 70 INT*40 MED/100 =28 and 70 INT - 28 is 42. So you want to get your meditation down to around 42 for your best gains.

The drunk macro does work. Its unfortunate that you can't calculate numbers in Razor. Because your sweet spot changes as your Med and INT change. Previous macros in this thread for drunk meditation seem to work just fine. Just calculate your sweet spot for mana and make sure you update it periodically.

One last tip. You can still use your magic hat when you drink to give you an extra boost to reduce your mana faster.

At full mana equip hat and drink until you get to your target mana number
Meditate every 10 seconds until you get back to full mana.
When you get to full mana again unequip hat
rinse and repeat!
Regards,
Chadarius

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Awesome Chadarius, thnx for the tip!! Will this GM you?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

The Real Sandro

Post by The Real Sandro »

Alright, I am currently feeling nice so I am going to tell you ladies the trick to getting meditation to 88 in a matter of 12 hours and 1.5k gold.

First: Buy a Studded Leather Tunic. Why? Because Studded leather tunics hinder mana regeneration by a considerable amount. Equip the studded leather tunic.

Second: Buy a shit ton of Liquor. Not ale, this isn't Sunday school anymore ladies!

Meditation is a skill which requires a certain % of mana to be reached in order to gain skill. So, if I have 70 mana and 60 meditation. I open up my calculator and I multiply my mana by my meditation in decimal form, (70 x .6) = 42 I take this 42 and I subtract it by 70 (70-42)= 28. 28 is our target we need to meet before we use meditation give or take 5 points.

So my macro in razor shows this:

Execute meditation
pause 1 second
if mana >= 36 (Just a bit higher than 28, so you don't get to hammered and get the annoying message the entire time)
Pause .5 sec
Double click bottle liquor (Target by type)
pause .5
target self
Pause 4 seconds.

When your skill gets to around 70, you will get the message to drunk to gain meditation, but it goes away and you will gain about .3 then it comes back and then you gain .3 again, and it repeats that pattern.

Your welcome

Sandro
cr3w / -3-

[14:41] <SJane> nevermore doesn't cheat
[14:41] <Arsen_SupPe> tell me how my brownbear loses against a chicken then? kty jane
[06:07] <Luca|Blight> but really whos left thats good at pvp besides sandro

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

The Real Sandro wrote:Alright, I am currently feeling nice so I am going to tell you ladies the trick to getting meditation to 88 in a matter of 12 hours and 1.5k gold.

First: Buy a Studded Leather Tunic. Why? Because Studded leather tunics hinder mana regeneration by a considerable amount. Equip the studded leather tunic.

Second: Buy a shit ton of Liquor. Not ale, this isn't Sunday school anymore ladies!

Meditation is a skill which requires a certain % of mana to be reached in order to gain skill. So, if I have 70 mana and 60 meditation. I open up my calculator and I multiply my mana by my meditation in decimal form, (70 x .6) = 42 I take this 42 and I subtract it by 70 (70-42)= 28. 28 is our target we need to meet before we use meditation give or take 5 points.

So my macro in razor shows this:

Execute meditation
pause 1 second
if mana >= 36 (Just a bit higher than 28, so you don't get to hammered and get the annoying message the entire time)
Pause .5 sec
Double click bottle liquor (Target by type)
pause .5
target self
Pause 4 seconds.

When your skill gets to around 70, you will get the message to drunk to gain meditation, but it goes away and you will gain about .3 then it comes back and then you gain .3 again, and it repeats that pattern.

Your welcome

Sandro
Tried it on 2 chars. Both got to 88. Thnx for the tip, this does work, but it did take me a bit more than 12 hours.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Working on med prior to gaining magery is a waste of time.

It has been stated it takes 12 hours to reach 88 med using this trick. I made a character 2 days ago and charted my skill gains in magery, med, resist while I was bored at work (checking MyUOSA every 30 minutes). Starting with 50 magery and 50 med, after 16 hours the character had 88 meditation and 86.5 real skill in magery. This was not even the most efficient method for gaining magery and med as I was maximising my gains in resist also (casting lightning to 65 resist despite magery reaching its cap for 4th circle). There is no way you will gain to 86.5 magery in 4 hours even with GM med, it is pointless. A waste of gold and time.

There are specific character templates that I start without med, however I still find raising med seperately a waste of time and med will always be very close to GM by the time magery hits GM (starting with 50, med always GMs first).
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

most helpful thing here is that table provided by roguan,

had my macro set to try gain at 0 mana, so currently have 97.9 magery and only at 61.4 meditation!, not sure what I was doing differently from previously as Ive always gm'd med first, but pretty sure this was the reason.

reset macro to med from about 40 and im gaining great,

as long as your meditating as per that table you'll gain fine while macroing you magery it seems.

thanks roguan

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

^

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Chadarius wrote:As I am working on meditation at the moment I thought I would update the thread.

Firstly, the magic hat trick does work and it works well. I've gained 1.9 points in the last hour using it.

I setup a macro that Does the following.

Lift 1 - 0x407BCB2E ; your magic hat
Equip to 0x22CA2 (L:Head) ; your head
Pause 1.00sec
Exec: Meditation
Pause: 10.00sec
Lift 1 - 0x407BCB2E
Drop to 0x407A7CAF (@(98, 96, 0)) ; your pack
Pause: 1.00sec

Once that stops gaining I'll switch to the drunk script. Its pretty cheap compared with using spells and all those regs.

Here is a quick way to calculate the ~ sweet spot. INT-((INT * MED)/100)

So at 70 INT and 45 MED it calculates like so. 70 INT*40 MED/100 =28 and 70 INT - 28 is 42. So you want to get your meditation down to around 42 for your best gains.

The drunk macro does work. Its unfortunate that you can't calculate numbers in Razor. Because your sweet spot changes as your Med and INT change. Previous macros in this thread for drunk meditation seem to work just fine. Just calculate your sweet spot for mana and make sure you update it periodically.

One last tip. You can still use your magic hat when you drink to give you an extra boost to reduce your mana faster.

At full mana equip hat and drink until you get to your target mana number
Meditate every 10 seconds until you get back to full mana.
When you get to full mana again unequip hat
rinse and repeat!
Drop the 10 second pause to 8
When meditating while casting you want to be the percentage of skill points to intelligence...ie with 100 intelligence and 40 med, meditate roughly around 60 mana for best gains.
Also...if you feel you can strike 100 intelligence in casting and gaining resist or whatever...you can lock intelligence at a low level with the hat trick to push the gains as far as you can with it.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

nightshark wrote:Working on med prior to gaining magery is a waste of time.

It has been stated it takes 12 hours to reach 88 med using this trick. I made a character 2 days ago and charted my skill gains in magery, med, resist while I was bored at work (checking MyUOSA every 30 minutes). Starting with 50 magery and 50 med, after 16 hours the character had 88 meditation and 86.5 real skill in magery. This was not even the most efficient method for gaining magery and med as I was maximising my gains in resist also (casting lightning to 65 resist despite magery reaching its cap for 4th circle). There is no way you will gain to 86.5 magery in 4 hours even with GM med, it is pointless. A waste of gold and time.

There are specific character templates that I start without med, however I still find raising med seperately a waste of time and med will always be very close to GM by the time magery hits GM (starting with 50, med always GMs first).
^ truth even those specific templates that you start with say 50 mage 50 animal taming. you can buy up med and still Gm med before magery if you do it correctly while working mage/med/resist.

Also any templates you intend to get magery to gm but not get meditation for whatever reason i recromend you get Med / mage and or resist Up first then drop med in place of whatever other skill you are getting.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

if you train this skill correctly, you will GM med before you GM magery. i believe i've been as low as 95ish magery and GM'd med before. all you have to do is keep your finger on the trigger when it comes to the "if mana" statement every so often. if you aren't getting decent gains, adjust the number. when you start gaining, you will only have to lower the number after the "if mana" statement by one or two. do this until GM and you'll GM med well before magery.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Matty wrote:if you train this skill correctly, you will GM med before you GM magery. i believe i've been as low as 95ish magery and GM'd med before. all you have to do is keep your finger on the trigger when it comes to the "if mana" statement every so often. if you aren't getting decent gains, adjust the number. when you start gaining, you will only have to lower the number after the "if mana" statement by one or two. do this until GM and you'll GM med well before magery.
very true over 90 med at 90-100 int you want to basicaly be at 0 when you it you can if paying attention use this macro
if mana > 40
cast flame strike
target else
else
exec meditation
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall