Guide : Stratics Magery and Weapon Combat Damage and calcs

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Azaazel

Re: Guide : Stratics Magery and Weapon Combat Damage and cal

Post by Azaazel »

I remember when I started playing and the best time to be a townie (Order/Chaos Dexer) this was the table used http://web.archive.org/web/199905022020 ... m/arms.htm. The Kryss would stab so fast with agil pots that you could barely see it. The low damages were insane but you swung so fast it didn't matter. The thing that made Kryss so good was none of the tank mages could get their spells off. This is why most used the kryss, i did anyway. The Hally as you can see is the same as it is now which is why all tank mages use the hally. This table was the best time to play by far. Oh and not to mention fencing leveled up so fast with the kryss speed it was the easiest weapon skill to gm. And a Kryss with Parry on lich lords, bleh... money was too easy.

FictionFan

Post by FictionFan »

Ronk wrote:
Arkosh Kovasz wrote:So has this debate been resolved yet? What is faster? Kyrss,Katana or Dagger? I remember most people on Great Lakes using Katanas when I first started T2A,however sometime later I saw a shift (cant remember what year,definitely before UO:R) in what was mainly used for dexxers. Daggers were fastest, being the smallest,easy to handle fencing weapon causing great interrupts.Kyrss was next doing slightly less damage than katana, then the katana which was the all around best bladed melee weapon due to its balanced damage and speed. I know this proves nothing, just how I remember it.
I think it was resolved. Read the last page...
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 9&start=45
Looks like it's resolved to me :mrgreen:
Ever use throwing knives? They are great fun!

Teego

Post by Teego »

Hello fellow Ultima fans:

I played OSI from launch untill about 04, so im not sure when this happened. But when did the spear have a chance to stun, a warhammer did a crushing blow and a hally cause a concussion (not the clickable AOS version)?

And i know this is completely off topic but were there really runebooks back in 99? If so, just something im not remembering, if not why not stay with origianal content? They arnt blessed so whats the point (yes im upset i filled 2 up, died and lost them)?

If this is not in the right place let me know or just move it.
Thanks
Teego

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Stuns/crushing blows etc came with UO:R in 2000.

Runebooks were introduced in late '99 (within this shard's timeframe) but were not blessed at that time.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

The links in the OP no longer work.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

And i know this is completely off topic but were there really runebooks back in 99? If so, just something im not remembering, if not why not stay with origianal content? They arnt blessed so whats the point
Runebooks are useful for rune libraries and personal rune collections, as well as reducing item count and weight in your own pack (they weigh 0 stones and take 1 item, fit 16 runes)
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Rose wrote:The links in the OP no longer work.
Thanks. Fixed.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."