Guide : Stratics Magery and Weapon Combat Damage and calcs

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
TwoTon

Re: Combat Damage

Post by TwoTon »

what about the book the original manual?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

TwoTon wrote:what about the book the original manual?
Aye we do use the Playguide and Strat guide too, but check the MA damage in your strat guide and you see how full of errors that is. It was published before T2A release.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

ugh well that just makes me sad, ive always remembered kryss being faster, but oh well maybe one day we will find out, in the travelouges website the one with the guy telling stories, etc... he mentions how bad fencing sucked yet his first charc was a fencer, maybe thats why lol

rokuez

Post by rokuez »

TwoTon wrote:ugh well that just makes me sad, ive always remembered kryss being faster, but oh well maybe one day we will find out, in the travelouges website the one with the guy telling stories, etc... he mentions how bad fencing sucked yet his first charc was a fencer, maybe thats why lol
the kryss was faster then swords in t2a period

i did a test back then and i know this as factual

brentcore

Post by brentcore »

Everyone saying the kryss was faster is correct, and because of that all my dexers were fencers.

BlacKnight

Re: Guide : Combat Damage

Post by BlacKnight »

yeah there is no was t he katana was faster. Cut and print kryss was quicker

Europa 1998-2002
BlacKnight (Knight of Justice, KoV)
Second hand in the Knights of Virtue

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Kryss was def faster...I remember being confused as to why the developers on another shard I came from had set katana's as faster. As I understood it, katana's always did more damage but were slightly slower.

Also, I recall daggers being even faster and often times wicked...you could tear a person up.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

alatar

Post by alatar »

Ronk wrote:Kryss was def faster...I remember being confused as to why the developers on another shard I came from had set katana's as faster. As I understood it, katana's always did more damage but were slightly slower.

Also, I recall daggers being even faster and often times wicked...you could tear a person up.
this is how i remember it..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I have found other instances in the old stractics pages in which row datas were clearly swapped. This is likely the case here. I agree, from what I remember from even reading stratics back in the day, daggers were much faster than a kryss or a kat

Guyjeb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Guyjeb »

After reading the picture below from the "Combat" page, i'm wondering a few questions:
1. it says: Weapon Ability is equivalent to the Skill corresponding with the weapon wielded in combat. Does this mean that If I have 100 Maces and attacking somone with 100 Swords that I will in fact have a much greater chance to hit than if we both had Maces? (and vice versa for him attacking me with swords?)

2. How much less is chance to hit if the opponant has 100 Wrestling?

Thanks,
-GuyJeb

venox

Post by venox »

to be blunt
1: yes
2: wrestle = combat ability, therefore 50%

akeba

Post by akeba »

venox wrote:to be blunt
1: no
2: wrestle = combat ability, therefore 50%
i think his question was asking if he used maces and his opponent used swords, would he have a higher chance to hit than if his opponent was maces also. the answer is no, the only thing this formula takes into account is your weapon skill number, regardless of your weapon choice.

so, fixt.

:D

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

He was actually correct with his blunt answer. If you are holding a mace, your macing skill is checked, not any other weapons skill. If you are not holding a weapon, wrestling is checked. This is why mages need wrestling to keep from being interrupted, when you are casting you're not holding and weapon so if anyone takes a swing at you it's a defend check on your wresting skill.

akeba

Post by akeba »

Upon further review of the original question, I have determined that I don't know how to read! :lol:

My bad!

Thought he was asking if mace skill GM & mace vs mace skill GM & mace had the same chance to hit as mace skill GM & mace vs sword skill GM & sword - which it does, instead of mace skill GM & mace vs sword skill GM & mace - which it doesn't, but why wield a weapon for a weapon skill you don't have!? :D

Guyjeb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Guyjeb »

Thank you for the detailed information.

It seems throughout the combat information that the skill "Tactics" dominates as most needed next to the weaponskill of choice, if one is looking to increase damage. Having 100 STR is next. But anatomy is just bonus if you have the room for another skill (unless your using Healing of course).

I now understand fully the purpose of Wrestling and why people said its needed "to avoid spell interruption."

thx.
-Jeb