Farming w Energy Vortex

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Blood

Farming w Energy Vortex

Post by Blood »

Hi

I took a long break from the game, when I left EVs were very easy to manage, cast them, run away... wait... wait then pick up loot.

Now, every time I cast them they keep coming at me not agroing the Monster, but the player instead. How should I work this system?

Sometimes I cast invisibility on me but the EV has moved to far from them mob to return and kill it, and I end up dispelling the EV and trying again. It is really a pain.

Hope to get some useful tips. Thanks guys.

Pirul

Re: Farming w Energy Vortex

Post by Pirul »

EV had their AI tweaked to be more era accurate accoding to the information available.

What I do when using EV's is trying to place them on the tile right next to the mob...behind him actually, as illustrated here:
This way, if the EV does not target the monster immediately, I can move around and "kite" the EV to bump into the monster, therefore aggroing onto it, and sticking there.

I then wait for the monster to get low enough in health (4% for bigger mobs like balrons and AW's, can be up to 8% for less resistent mobs like EG's and blood eles), cast an explode on them and immediately cast dispel on the EV. That way I get the killer shot in to get fame/karma and the EV is dispelled and not chasing me around while I try to get separation to cast dispel.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Pirul wrote:EV had their AI tweaked to be more era accurate accoding to the information available.

What I do when using EV's is trying to place them on the tile right next to the mob...behind him actually, as illustrated here:
This way, if the EV does not target the monster immediately, I can move around and "kite" the EV to bump into the monster, therefore aggroing onto it, and sticking there.

I then wait for the monster to get low enough in health (4% for bigger mobs like balrons and AW's, can be up to 8% for less resistent mobs like EG's and blood eles), cast an explode on them and immediately cast dispel on the EV. That way I get the killer shot in to get fame/karma and the EV is dispelled and not chasing me around while I try to get separation to cast dispel.
I get fame/karma regardless of kill shot. Though you may not get as much,
I've taken a char or two to Lord without many killshots.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Then poison or your pets are what's killing the mob, otherwise no karma for you.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

For some mobs a few blade spirits do well. They are easier to manage and won't kill you as fast if you end up tangled in the fight.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

WiseOne wrote:For some mobs a few blade spirits do well. They are easier to manage and won't kill you as fast if you end up tangled in the fight.
And you can control Demons...just have 2 in tow at any given time

Its just EVs are like toxic blackhole juice blenders that eat through anything
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “Guides”