Best fisherman template?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Apoc13

Best fisherman template?

Post by Apoc13 »

Never had a fisherman was curious as to the best template

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Best fisherman template?

Post by Casey »

My fisher template is this:

GM fishing
GM hiding
GM healing
GM anatomy
GM tactics
GM archery
55 magery
45 resist

This works really well if you want to play on another account and just keep an eye on your fisherman as you fish or travel between mibs. Generally I will hide while sailing so I don't attract serpents or elementals. If I am fishing and something attacks me, archery will kill whatever it is and my macro is set up to auto heal if hit points are below 99. If I wanted to raise magery or resist I would give up anatomy, but I don't think it's necessary, unless you want to be able to gate. No med since I only use magery to recall.

Apoc13

Post by Apoc13 »

cool thanks what skills did you start with?

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Casey »

Make a macro that includes fishing and hiding. Fishing takes a little while to gm. Once those are good and your strength is up you can go get some mibs. That's what I did when I first made my fisherman. If he was being attacked I would just recall another character to the boat to kill the serpent/elemental and heal the other character.

Apoc13

Post by Apoc13 »

i meant more which skills to start at 50

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Casey »

I would start healing at 49, fishing at 1 (for newbied fishing pole), and magery at 50. All the other skills are easy to gm. Getting resist to 45 should only take you 10 minutes.

Apoc13

Post by Apoc13 »

what about stats?

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

My Build is similar to the one provided but no Hiding (Any Pirate worth their salt has tracking anyway)

GM Archery
GM Tactics
GM Anatomy
GM Healing
GM Item ID (For Id'ing stuff between mibs)
GM Magery
GM Fishing

Stats are divided as follows:

Str: 100
Dex: 85
Int: 40 (For Gating stuff home)
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

T3h D4ve

Post by T3h D4ve »

Nystal wrote:GM Item ID (For Id'ing stuff between mibs)
I don't know...unless it does something special that I've forgotten long ago, I'd slap another useful skill in there and leave the ID'ing of items for back at the house with a specific character. It may alleviate the boredom of the gaps of nothing during the long haul fishing sessions, but you could have a stronger character without it and on the open seas you want all your strengths.
Resist would be handy to help lower the damage of all those sea serpent fireballs, but I'd call it personal opinion between it or meditation.
Made a treasure hunter and I'm tempted to make him more land based than both sea and land.

Cartography
Fishing
Mining
Hiding
Stealth
Lockpicking
Remove Trap

Maybe if I drop the hiding and stealth, give him healing and anatomy to make him that little bit more useful all round and staying alive, then again drop lockpicking and remove trap for tactics and archery to end up with

Cartography
Fishing
Mining
Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing

With the lack of magery he's going to be a group hunter/fisher, but the chat on the boat can help stop you falling asleep if it's been a while since a beastie has popped up.
But if you really want magery (or don't want that training to be a waste of gold), go with Nystal's template, however I wouldn't go with Item ID.

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

Remove Trap doesnt do anything Telekinesis can't.

However it does allow you to open chests quietly if stealthing dungeons, but with that build and no ability to gate yourself into the level 4s while stealthed it might be a waste.

You also need 50 detect to start training it :)
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

T3h D4ve

Post by T3h D4ve »

I knew there was a catch to it...wonder if you can drop hide/detect hidden once you GM stealth/remove trap and have it still work.....
Been too many years and not all of it has returned to my memory, although it's nice to know remove trap is useless if you have a caster in the group.
What about lockpicking, or is that only needed for level 4 dungeons or the harder treasure maps?

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

lockpicking is needed for all locked boxes and chests. 95 is fine for everything except lvl 5 tmaps. ye can do lvl 5 tmaps if ye got 60 detect hidded however. And I highly doubt you can drop detect hidden afterwards as remove tram NEEDS 50/50 lockpick detect to even begin training it. thing is detect hiden finds out for the remove trap skill as to whether somethihng is trapped or not. This is how they work together.

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

T3h D4ve

Post by T3h D4ve »

Nice to know, so I take it Magery's open lock just won't cut it for opening the fished up chests?

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

~Message in a bottle chests are never locked or trapped

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

T3h D4ve

Post by T3h D4ve »

Sweet, completely forgot about that, been away from this game too long.