NEW CHEAP WAY TO GET mid 90s RESIST INA DAY OR 2

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
errol

Re: NEW CHEAP WAY TO GET mid 90s RESIST INA DAY OR 2

Post by errol »

What actually is the trick? i remember doing this (although as far as I remember this was pre-t2a and was fixed), but don't remember how to do it, and rpvs crash..

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I did not watch the packet-video, but I remember people going to the red-mage tower and getting a bunch of them trapped somewhere (like 20) and just sitting there healing.

Lil Meiyang

Post by Lil Meiyang »

That's a neat trick. Is there anywhere sides Wind to find NPC mages for us dexxers?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Occlo always has them for hire around the town borders. Nujelom has a bunch too.

Lil Meiyang

Post by Lil Meiyang »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Occlo always has them for hire around the town borders. Nujelom has a bunch too.
Thank you. I think this will help.

I've been trying to raise resist by fighting magic weilding monsters, but even into the high 60's I still need to run from orc mages and reapers -not to mention PKs.

Since it's not considered cheating, I'm gonna try this.

I'll track my hourly gains and post them here.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Would appreciate the gain postings. If anyone wants to have a Meteor Session, I'm about to post a thread about starting one.

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

I am at sea at the moment and can not download the video or watch it (military restrictions are so stupid) Can anyone give a brief break down of the video? I get the general idea of hiring mages. Do you then get them to follow you to your house or something? I.E will they follow you through a gate? Can you then tell them to stay while you box them in your house using tables or something - then hit them with a magic arrow to get them to retaliate? I dont ever remember doing this, but this sounds feasible - is this what the video is showing?

Any clarification would be greatfully received - and as I am away from my computer at home, I still need my daily UO fix :D and this forum provides it hehe.

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

I am at sea at the moment and can not download the video or watch it (military restrictions are so stupid) Can anyone give a brief break down of the video? I get the general idea of hiring mages. Do you then get them to follow you to your house or something? I.E will they follow you through a gate? Can you then tell them to stay while you box them in your house using tables or something - then hit them with a magic arrow to get them to retaliate? I dont ever remember doing this, but this sounds feasible - is this what the video is showing?

Any clarification would be greatfully received - and as I am away from my computer at home, I still need my daily UO fix :D and this forum provides it hehe.

Tybor

Post by Tybor »

This seems like a really cool way to raise resist and good job on the Vid. I still just have one question.

How in the world do i get them all stacked up onto each other and boxed in. Im having hella trouble with that. Thanks for the help.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Basically someone is hiring npc mages and gating them into a spot surrounded by boxes that is just outside of the guard zone, so they are all stacked up on one tile and trapped. Ther did this over and over to get like 30 mages there, and then they told them all to attack them. Once the mages started shooting the guy steps into the guard zone and supposedly starts gaining resist while taking no damage.

Tybor

Post by Tybor »

Ahhh ahhh I never thought about marking a spot and gating them to it.....wow im a idiot thanks for the help !

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

FYI, Wisps work better. No money down, plenty of them spawn all over, and you can trap em on a boat, attack em all and sit back and enjoy
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

RoadKill wrote:FYI, Wisps work better. No money down, plenty of them spawn all over, and you can trap em on a boat, attack em all and sit back and enjoy
I bet! Those nasty little critters are always attacking my red, they can really catch you off guard.

Lil Meiyang

Post by Lil Meiyang »

I can't get into wind so I had to hire NPC's as they spawned and walk them to the location.

Once I got up to 6-8 mages I saw the fastest gains. After three evenings nights of this my resist went from 63 to 85.

As you go up it's good to let their mana recharge so they hit you with higher level spells to challenge ur reisist.

If you've got enough mages, separate them into two groups so one group can be casting on you while the other recharges their mana. You'll have to write a simple macro instructing them by name. "XXXX attack" target self "XXXX attack" target self, and so on.

Also, watch out for the boxes decaying and getting swarmed. Maybe "all stay" and reset the boxes every couple hours.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Lil Meiyang wrote:I can't get into wind so I had to hire NPC's as they spawned and walk them to the location.

Once I got up to 6-8 mages I saw the fastest gains. After three evenings nights of this my resist went from 63 to 85.

As you go up it's good to let their mana recharge so they hit you with higher level spells to challenge ur reisist.

If you've got enough mages, separate them into two groups so one group can be casting on you while the other recharges their mana. You'll have to write a simple macro instructing them by name. "XXXX attack" target self "XXXX attack" target self, and so on.

Also, watch out for the boxes decaying and getting swarmed. Maybe "all stay" and reset the boxes every couple hours.
Item decay is based on weight, put some uncut hides into the boxes and they will stick around for a long time.