The Fastest Way to gain Magic Resist

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
WOODY

Re: The Fastest Way to gain Magic Resist

Post by WOODY »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
Loathed wrote:better to just do it at an ankh- rez attack tamer, rez attack tamer, every 6 seconds u die but get hit by how many ever wyrms are there. gm resist this way on multiple chars like 2 to 3 hrs each from zero. this was with 100 ww
Or put a healer on the boat
Can't heal through 100 white wyrms

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

wandering healer
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:wandering healer
except when aoe hits wandering healer- or the healer itself wanders off, than you're s.o.l. (blocked in healers won't rez or at least that's what i was told)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I found with mages they would cast Meteor Swarm except in the case of only one character being a target. Explained this way... put the one getting resist at the front, get the ship so it is just in sight of the other. Attack the casters. Move one forward until you are hit. If you do this they will never target you with AOE only one character will be in range. (if you have more then one in range on top of one another they will cast AOE). Err scratch that, they will cast area of effect but your alts will be out of range. Sorry.

We didn't have a wandering healer we just backed away less then 40 hp and gave them time to get mana back up to cast higher circle. Forward one, Back one. All kept their positions.

If you dont do that what you will have is a dead healer. You dont want your healer in range ever. Once the healer is targeted you will keep on being targeted by any that mass curses or meteor swarms. That's the fatal error in the original post. The healer is always in range... X( he will die

( You will have to set the macro to attack absolute targets for each one (or by type for imps, if you use white wyrms you sir are lunatic), you can do this in sequence dividing them up because they will stop attacking you after awhile when you back away allowing one group to refresh and the other to attack if you want.)

This is the result...I stopped it because I was bored to death and I am planning on putting magery on him. We used 25 mages but we see the more mages the better the gains in others we have been working on. http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/248032 (which is why I needed a boat earlier we just did this a little less then a week ago however)

* Keep the casters in the front in one spot on the other ship as well...a horse with a table behind it or hidden character will work
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Afroshacks

Post by Afroshacks »

Looks simple enough. Good guide I'll have to give it a try on my 3 toons needing to GM their resist.
The older the Bull, the Stiffer the horn...

IRC: Afroshacks

thejavabuddha

Post by thejavabuddha »

So, I tried the Mage/boat set up a couple of weeks ago, and it worked great! I gathered up about 10 mages from wind and stuck them on a boat and had them blast away - backing off at 40 life and/or about every 30 seconds to give them time to regenerate mana. However, I'm getting high enough that my gains are slowing down considerably (Mid 80s) so I want to get more mages on the boat. My question is, how in the hell do you manage to herd more than that on a boat? They don't seem to push past one another to have more than one mage per tile, and you can't gate travel on a boat key (at least I couldn't.) So, the small boat I was using to load them all would hold maybe MAYBE 15 mages, a large boat would probably hold 20. Is that the max? How did people get "100 WW" on a boat?
Arhat - GM Dexxer
Alister - GM Mage
Calvin Klein - GM Blacksmith
Thom - GM Bard
IKEA - Crappy Carpenter

Duul al'Vath
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Duul al'Vath »

gate from the boat not to the boat.

Thelonious Black and Otmar the Mad of the UBB
Arms & Armor by Thelonious Black

thejavabuddha

Post by thejavabuddha »

Duul al'Vath wrote:gate from the boat not to the boat.
*Facepalm*

Duh. Thanks!
Arhat - GM Dexxer
Alister - GM Mage
Thom - GM Bard
IKEA - Crappy Carpenter

illmatic

Post by illmatic »

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Best is if the boat with WW is out of guards and the boat with the resist target is in guards. You take 1 damage from all spells but still gain resist as if taking full damage.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

thejavabuddha

Post by thejavabuddha »

Malaikat wrote:Best is if the boat with WW is out of guards and the boat with the resist target is in guards. You take 1 damage from all spells but still gain resist as if taking full damage.
Yeah, I got that part, I just couldn't figure out how to get more in the boat. I'm just dumb... :?
Arhat - GM Dexxer
Alister - GM Mage
Thom - GM Bard
IKEA - Crappy Carpenter

odacar

Post by odacar »

Bump, Can't believe this post stayed active for so long lol.