The non wrestling, anatomy tank Mage.

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The non wrestling, anatomy tank Mage.

Post by Menkaure »

So, I have a ton of decent characters. I have 3 hally mages, all with wrestling, a macer Mage, a couple dexxers and hybrids, I even have an archer Mage I used to goof around with in group vs group fights. Surprisingly, I don't have an anatomy hally Mage. Now, back in osi days I had one and I remember it being a nightmare against dexxers but also he didn't hit as hard as I thought he would.
Anyways I'm going to switch the archer Mage to an anatomy swords Mage without wrestling.
My question is, if any of you have done this build, do you notice much of a difference in damage? From what I remember it wasn't worth it., but I may be wrong?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Sargaza

Re: The non wrestling, anatomy tank Mage.

Post by Sargaza »

I dun tried it, not worth it. You aren't really getting more kills because of the extra damage anatomy might give, you get the kills from the hits and disrupts. You could keep wrestling and swap anatomy for resist. Don't need resist if you are pking, but do if you are grouping. 2 cents.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Skum wrote:I dun tried it, not worth it. You aren't really getting more kills because of the extra damage anatomy might give, you get the kills from the hits and disrupts. You could keep wrestling and swap anatomy for resist. Don't need resist if you are pking, but do if you are grouping. 2 cents.
I guess its not really a pk or a group fighter, just a "fun, dueling, random pvp" guy Im making here.
Does Anatoym give 20% damage though? so for example, if I hit a hally shot for 40, will the 100 Anatomy make it a 48 pt shot? Thats a decent amount I guess. I just remember back in the day, it seemed like the halberd didnt really hit that much harder.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

I don't really like my anat mage very much personally but when I'm using a nice hally or any weap with DB/thunder charges you will be very surprised at some of the hits. Most of the time it just seems like a typical tank but when you get huge hits it can be fun. Really tough when you go up against dexxers or in dungeons around spawn (you get hit 100% of the time you don't have a wep equipped).
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Freight Elevator wrote:I don't really like my anat mage very much personally but when I'm using a nice hally or any weap with DB/thunder charges you will be very surprised at some of the hits. Most of the time it just seems like a typical tank but when you get huge hits it can be fun. Really tough when you go up against dexxers or in dungeons around spawn (you get hit 100% of the time you don't have a wep equipped).
Yea, I was thinking about using him for mostly fun with dueling other tank mages. I definitely remember how if a dexxer got on top of me, it was GG. Literally, the dexxer would hit you every single time. I guess, even as a PK, like you said, it would be fun to have a weapon of DB or Thunder (especially an axe or halberd) and get a couple crazy damage whacks on a target.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

maybe try 50 wrestle/50 eval, or no eval.

Return to “Guides”