Trophy/Silver Turn-In System (DATED)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Mr.Kizzle

Re: Guide : Trophy/Silver Turn-In System

Post by Mr.Kizzle »

So...

--Most people here, especially active on forums are a) extremely UO wealthy b) have cool items that are blessed and what not c)been playing here a while

This comment doesn't apply to you guys, we get it, you have done the work, you deserve it.
However, I am pretty new here, and there are no events anymore it seems, if so, extremely rare or player ran. Is there a plan to make these items accessible or to earn silver for players who are in the 1-6 month period of their UOSA time?

The only people who can afford to buy these items, i.e. true black sandals, or hued masks are people with millions and millions of bucks because of the crazy inflation of people who have been playing here so long... I mean the housing situation is ridiculous enough paying castle deeds for placed towers, etc...

I know that I personally would love to see more events and GM hosted activities, I would donate to the server if more of this was going on but in general things seem pretty inactive on this front... Just saying, its not like the people who play this game are going to stop now, I mean its almost a 20 yr anniversary for UO... Some activities or ways for new players to earn things (possibly excluded to veterans) might peak some interest in this server and raise donations, etc...

Not putting down the server by any means, just grinding out 2-5 mill cash is a TON of time, time i dont have, also when events are way more fun and exciting and keep the interest of players.

Thoughts?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Mr.Kizzle wrote:So...

--Most people here, especially active on forums are a) extremely UO wealthy b) have cool items that are blessed and what not c)been playing here a while

This comment doesn't apply to you guys, we get it, you have done the work, you deserve it.
However, I am pretty new here, and there are no events anymore it seems, if so, extremely rare or player ran. Is there a plan to make these items accessible or to earn silver for players who are in the 1-6 month period of their UOSA time?

The only people who can afford to buy these items, i.e. true black sandals, or hued masks are people with millions and millions of bucks because of the crazy inflation of people who have been playing here so long... I mean the housing situation is ridiculous enough paying castle deeds for placed towers, etc...

I know that I personally would love to see more events and GM hosted activities, I would donate to the server if more of this was going on but in general things seem pretty inactive on this front... Just saying, its not like the people who play this game are going to stop now, I mean its almost a 20 yr anniversary for UO... Some activities or ways for new players to earn things (possibly excluded to veterans) might peak some interest in this server and raise donations, etc...

Not putting down the server by any means, just grinding out 2-5 mill cash is a TON of time, time i dont have, also when events are way more fun and exciting and keep the interest of players.

Thoughts?
So the people who have put in the countless hours of time to acquire their riches deserve it, but so do you because you... want it? Just summarizing how I read this.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Mr.Kizzle

Post by Mr.Kizzle »

Vega wrote: So the people who have put in the countless hours of time to acquire their riches deserve it, but so do you because you... want it? Just summarizing how I read this.
If you want to interpret it like that, I mean you are a perfect example, always online, probably have everything, and you deserve it! *pats on back*

However, people like you have also played during times where events and population were probably significantly higher than they are now, where items like this were tossed out regularly.

I mean, what fun is earning silver when your just paying for it with gold... I would like to play in events, or partake in server activity in order to earn these things, thats all I am saying...

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Mr.Kizzle wrote:
Vega wrote: So the people who have put in the countless hours of time to acquire their riches deserve it, but so do you because you... want it? Just summarizing how I read this.
If you want to interpret it like that, I mean you are a perfect example, always online, probably have everything, and you deserve it! *pats on back*

However, people like you have also played during times where events and population were probably significantly higher than they are now, where items like this were tossed out regularly.

I mean, what fun is earning silver when your just paying for it with gold... I would like to play in events, or partake in server activity in order to earn these things, thats all I am saying...
I've never been in a server run event and have only played 8 months. It's not hard to get rich here. Play smart, you'll be fine. Play hard, you'll be fine. Play smart and hard, you'll be rich within a month after finishing your first useful character. Events are never coming back, as has been repeatedly stated by staff. Silver is also never coming back outside of Christmas to my understanding.

Edit: Indeed I have played in times of higher population. However, it seems like you're proposing that this server has had a population decline. Some veterans have quit, but for every veteran there are 3 new players. The statistics show that this summer has the highest amount of unique IPs to the server ever. Yesterday alone we had a 28 player brawl at the graveyard for a period of 3 hours. The population hit is due to the season, which makes this upcoming fall look the most promising ever. I'm very glad to be a part of this servers upcoming boom.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Mr.Kizzle

Post by Mr.Kizzle »

Vega wrote: It's not hard to get rich here. Play smart, you'll be fine. Play hard, you'll be fine. Play smart and hard, you'll be rich within a month after finishing your first useful character. Events are never coming back, as has been repeatedly stated by staff. Silver is also never coming back outside of Christmas to my understanding.
I get it, maybe I haven't done my due diligence trolling the forums for these topics. But I am curious as to why no more events, why no effort to further the fun...? Do they need real life money? I mean you can't tell me there is a lack of interest from the active players who are currently here...

I mean if not, than I guess I need to re-evaluate playing here. There are ways of mixing up things and keeping population stimulated with very little effort. Is that just done for here?

Not saying I dont have fun running around mass ganking or getting mass ganked/ invis ring recalling out and getting the rush when you drop someone. But other than that it's basically just turned into gold farming server... You are either trolling GY waiting for gank action, farming gold, IDOC'ing, or one of those PvE players that I wonder what you do all the time...

Just curious (Not from you Vega) whether there is ever going to be an attempt to mix things up, or whether this is it? and if not, then why? I mean hell, you could create a subscriber list of people who would pay real money for regularly scheduled events and I bet you'd get quite a few off the server. People who are playing this game 15+ years later clearly have an undying interest in it, and this is, or could be a business right?

Just saying, would like to know, is this it for UOSA? Don't get pissed at me veterans, it's a legit question, and I am not trying to be an ass about it.

**Edit** Ok, well I now read your comment about population, makes sense.... But still, if increase in population, why no events? And side-jab, you have about how many unique IP's of those to store all your houses? :lol:

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Haha at least 15 bro. So count 15 out :D

Edit: I'm in full support of more events. I don't know the reason for not having more. I assume it's because they don't want more NEA items than there already are via turn-ins. I imagine turn-ins are down to a few a week.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Mr.Kizzle wrote:I get it, maybe I haven't done my due diligence trolling the forums for these topics. But I am curious as to why no more events, why no effort to further the fun...? Do they need real life money? I mean you can't tell me there is a lack of interest from the active players who are currently here...

I mean if not, than I guess I need to re-evaluate playing here. There are ways of mixing up things and keeping population stimulated with very little effort. Is that just done for here?

Not saying I dont have fun running around mass ganking or getting mass ganked/ invis ring recalling out and getting the rush when you drop someone. But other than that it's basically just turned into gold farming server... You are either trolling GY waiting for gank action, farming gold, IDOC'ing, or one of those PvE players that I wonder what you do all the time...

Just curious (Not from you Vega) whether there is ever going to be an attempt to mix things up, or whether this is it? and if not, then why? I mean hell, you could create a subscriber list of people who would pay real money for regularly scheduled events and I bet you'd get quite a few off the server. People who are playing this game 15+ years later clearly have an undying interest in it, and this is, or could be a business right?

Just saying, would like to know, is this it for UOSA? Don't get pissed at me veterans, it's a legit question, and I am not trying to be an ass about it.

**Edit** Ok, well I now read your comment about population, makes sense.... But still, if increase in population, why no events? And side-jab, you have about how many unique IP's of those to store all your houses? :lol:
Ok, first of all, let's start at the beggining :P. The shard's goal is to emulate a specific date in the history of UO. It will not mix things up just because.

Events were taken out for a number of reasons, one being that there were some exploits being used during the events. Fixing such exploits would take a lot of the staff's time, time which they really don't have because they all have jobs, families and a life outside UO.

Which brings me to: there is no way in hell staff is ever going to mess around with charging real life money to play or make events. Remember they are using the UO brand/franchise/trade mark (whatever it is) which belongs to EA. I'm only speculating here, but I think if they turned this into a business, EA would come down with a pack of lawyers more fearsome than Ancient Wyrms to hunt down Derrick and mess up his livelyhood for using their brand to make money.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Vega wrote:
Mr.Kizzle wrote:

I've never been in a server run event and have only played UO in a diaper with an attached feeding tube without seeing the light of day for 8 months. It's not hard to get rich here. Only play when you're awake, you'll be fine. Sleep 20 minutes a day, you'll be fine. Play smart and hard, you'll be rich within a month after finishing your first useful character. Events are never coming back, as has been repeatedly stated by staff. Silver is also never coming back outside of Christmas to my understanding.
Fixed

Dragor
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Dragor »

Was this promotion limited to a specific time period or can you still receive silver via the vendors?

Thanks

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Dragor wrote:Was this promotion limited to a specific time period or can you still receive silver via the vendors?

Thanks
Silver and silver rewards still happen.

YOu mainly just get silver from GM events (when they spawn on monster corpses).

There is an npc in Jhelom at the guard tower that will appraise your trophies when you say "appraise" you target teh trophy and he tells you how much silver the trophy is. YOu can then hand it to him and he gives you silver. Personally, I see no point. A trophy = silver. WHy bother converting?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

The only reason we havn't seen an influx of new player to the shard because of this is because it's missing +25 vanq blessed halberds.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Return to “Guides”