Safely Macroing Magery/Resist In Your Home.

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Safely Macroing Magery/Resist In Your Home.

Post by Aeris »

No, he wasn't using a (effectively) randomized pause between HP check and TargetSelf. Unless you're a savant, or have a program that can somehow measure & record the time between each spell cast and TargetSelf for exploitation during the next loop of their macro, I don't see how it can be done with 4 scrolls and 3 minutes.. I'm interested though, if it's not a secret, to know how you would do it in that case. (note: I fully understand how they killed him here, just not for the scenario I added)
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

He was using pauses, that's probably why he was so confident - the guys just counted the pause I beleive and then adjusted. Pros.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Gotcha, so if I programmed razor to repeat the same thing 136 times with each pause being a different length, then I would give them a hella hard time :D

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

P.S. BTW I just went back to the original message to re-read what he wrote. He wasn't using pauses! I think that's what you don't understand about what I'm proposing. Here's what he wrote:

If mana <= 41 Use skill meditation - Else - Cast Spell - Wait for Target - If HP >= 99 - Target Self - Else - Cancel Current Target - Pause 2222 - End If - Pause 2222 - If Spider Silk <=1 - Use Restock Agent - Target Restock Bag On Floor - Pause 3333 - If Sulf Ash <=1 - Use Restock Agent - Target Bag on Floor - Pause 333

There is NO pause between the cast and the HP check, only the standard wait for target! What I'm saying is, if you did:

cast spell - wait for target - HP check - PAUSE [random length] - HP check (again!) - TargetSelf

and then copy/pasted that 137 times, changing each pause length (yes, it would take a whole 4 minutes to do.. sorry for the inconvenience) to a different random length, then I'm very sure you would have a very hard time..

/next

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

The actual macro he used was different to what he posted. You can't trust this guy I tells ya.

You can do the pauses, but a random pause in your magery macro will ruin it if you're gaining med simultaneously (which is the ideal way to do it)

Easier to just take your chances with a restock agent level you can afford to lose, if you're a just a regular old blue.

If you *need* to be safe, go grab a piece of T2A ocean by blocking off a small corner with boats. I'm pretty sure no water elementals or anything with ranged attack spawns out there. Been safe for me!

nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Tony Costa

Post by Tony Costa »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:The actual macro he used was different to what he posted. You can't trust this guy I tells ya.

Lol It's funny how EO wasnt even part of this and still believes that I was "using a different macro" than what I said.

Here's the deal: Anybody, with enough wasted time and energy, will be able to kill you in a small house. This took them well over 10 minutes to do it properly with 3 people + eq scrolls on all sides of the house.

If you would like to ensure that you wont die, ever, go ahead and spend 150k on boats like EO's picture and have fun either keeping them all refreshed or having a shit load of wasted money in docked boats when you are done lol.

Fact remains these kids have small peens and are extremely mad that I rape them in the field all day. EO is also mad because nobody is online when his kangaroo ass logs in so all he does is kill late night idoc noobs and bards soooo lol you figure out who you'd like to trust with macros - the dude that does it efficiently or the dude who does it by wasting money and going so far out of his way that it is pathetic.

Supra-

Post by Supra- »

Definitely mad.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Vhyx wrote:"How to Safely Macro Magery/Resist In Your Home so long as you don't talk a massive amount of trash and broadcast your location to people who are better at UO than you"
Hee dee dee da hee!
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

using an if statement for your health before targeting is genius noone would ever think of that. ty tony
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

nightshark wrote:using an if statement for your health before targeting is genius noone would ever think of that. ty tony

Still Standing

Post by Still Standing »

Tony Costa wrote:All i do is irc pvp all day and claim that i own people in the field and i really like men.
[09:24] <@Derrick> If you donate, and you need to get bailed out of Jail in Penobscot County, Maine in the next year, I'll come get you personally.

[19:35] <Owned_By_A_Girl> No, the doctor poked me too hard.(Along with half the shard)

farnk

Post by farnk »

bump for this amazing macro set up

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

thread brings the lols in 2014

Bunkamania

Post by Bunkamania »

This doesn't have anything to do with the OP but, I wanted to ask a question regarding Magic Resist training. Can you cast blade spirits on the floor below and run back and forth on the floor above it to gain? I remember training Resist in my L-Shape that way when I played on Atlantic back in the day.

Thanks in advance.