Treasure Hunter build

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
SirPsychoSexy

Treasure Hunter build

Post by SirPsychoSexy »

Just looking for some opinions here.

Would it be worth it to go with a treasure hunter build? I already have a 7x Bard who has the following skills:

Music
Provo
Magery
Eval
Hiding
Meditation
Item ID

I get a lot of Tmaps that I usually just sell off and I am thinking I'd get more gold/items if I actually completed them myself. Should I drop Item ID and Eval and pick up lockpicking and cartography? Are the rewards of doing level 2 and level 3 tmaps worth the effort of adding these skills? I rarely get any tmaps above level 3.''

EDIT: OR should I just create a brand new character for tmapping and get a different set of skills?
Reg Vendor located at Yealena's Trading Post
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=50712

IRC: SirPsycho

Golden Egg

Re: Treasure Hunter build

Post by Golden Egg »

You are certainly setup to go the route of a THunter if you so desired.

Personally the build I enjoy is:

Carto
LP
Magery
Wrestling
Meditation
Music
Provo

You could easily get to 95 LP and 90 Carto which will allow you to do L1-4 Maps and verify/sell L5 maps.

SirPsychoSexy

Post by SirPsychoSexy »

Thanks for the reply.

What does wrestling buy you on that build? Just curious.

Also, what kind of magic items can you expect to get from level 2 and 3 maps? Any invis or reflect items ever drop?

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

I believe the way it works is that every "magic item" has the same chance to be good/bad as any other magic item that spawns. The level of chest has nothing to do with it. The benefit of the higher level chests is that they have MORE items, thus more chances that one or more of them will be valuable.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Appcalypse is spot on. BUT keep in mind you'll only get rings from lvl 5 maps....and not in all of them.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

SirPsychoSexy

Post by SirPsychoSexy »

Thanks guys!

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Golden Eggs build is the best one.
LP and Carto are a must because you need carto to decipher the map and LP to pick the lock once you dig up the treasure. Magery, Med, Provo, Music, again, all these are must haves in my opinion for a carto. However, you can choose not to wrestle, and instead give yourself hiding, or even 50 hiding 50 resist. You could even go the weird route and go 100 eval to help kill the monsters faster. Wrestlings great and all for not being interuppted. But, when facing mobs and not other players, you usually dont have to much problem just running away and healing/recalling. Usually you dont have to stand there and pray to not get interuppted.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

SirPsychoSexy

Post by SirPsychoSexy »

Menkaure wrote:Golden Eggs build is the best one.
LP and Carto are a must because you need carto to decipher the map and LP to pick the lock once you dig up the treasure. Magery, Med, Provo, Music, again, all these are must haves in my opinion for a carto. However, you can choose not to wrestle, and instead give yourself hiding, or even 50 hiding 50 resist. You could even go the weird route and go 100 eval to help kill the monsters faster. Wrestlings great and all for not being interuppted. But, when facing mobs and not other players, you usually dont have to much problem just running away and healing/recalling. Usually you dont have to stand there and pray to not get interuppted.

Since my character is already GM hiding, I am keeping hiding and not having wrestling. I will just run away and provo the monsters onto each other. I am already GM magery/med. I am macroing lockpick now and will start carto after. This guy will be a money maker!

Spamlet

Post by Spamlet »

Golden Egg wrote:You are certainly setup to go the route of a THunter if you so desired.

Carto
LP
Magery
Wrestling
Meditation
Music
Provo

You could easily get to 95 LP and 90 Carto which will allow you to do L1-4 Maps and verify/sell L5 maps.
I am building a toon with this build,
but does a T-hunter not need detect hidden?

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Spamlet wrote:
Golden Egg wrote:You are certainly setup to go the route of a THunter if you so desired.

Carto
LP
Magery
Wrestling
Meditation
Music
Provo

I am building a toon with this build,
but does a T-hunter not need detect hidden?
You will need at least 60 detect to open lvl 5 chests, maybe 4's too, if you aren't GM LP.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Just keep your provoker drop eval for lockpicking if you want to just stroll around dungeons but if you are going to do t-maps put it on an alt in this build... this way you can trap the chests when you are dealing with spawn so if anybody tries to loot while you are doing this it will kill them right off in trapping the chest.

Stealth 90
Hide
Cartography
Lockpicking
Tinkering
Magery 90
Meditation 80
Tracking 40

Another alternative is dropping med and tracking all together for remove trap. Which is useful in keeping discreet especially inside people's houses which may have trapped chests in them. Many times the trapped chests are positioned where there is no safe place to tele it even if you are inside alone.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

The best treasure hunter build in my opinion is your 5X mage with Cartography and Lockpicking.
Bards are more or less for new players or as utility characters.

Paralyze field has purpose. Why blow essential skills that keep you alive?

Don't you have more fun trying to kill then watching them beat each other slowly? Besides if you come across scavengers looting what's yours, to release engaged spawn all that is needed is a quick dispel. If you see a lone player with provoked high end mobs centered around a chest the first thing you think is... this is going to be easy. Now if the spawn is not aggroed on one another you can make use of them. Understand? Yes you can dual account, its just easier to release the spawn then try to provoke them one at a time especially when they are already engaged. It becomes more of an obstacle when they scatter. (Not to mention you can use more pvp centered builds if you are going to have any sort of backup)

You can always hide in a house before your arrival to dungeon chests.

The stealth lockpicker saboteur is my anti-player.... this is my carto.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “Guides”