Semi-Auto Lumberjack Macro: Manipulating set last target

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Kasper_Valentine

Re: Semi-Auto Lumberjack Macro: Manipulating set last target

Post by Kasper_Valentine »

Jesus wept; what a tedious grind that was.

My thanks to Kamora for the following macro...
double click axe
target tree (change this to target relative location)
pause .80
...as this made the whole process a lot less painful. Although the post that quote is from is dated as 2009 so I dare say the kudos may fall on deaf ears.

Nonetheless, I reached 92.0 Lumberjacking via chopping trees to GM Bowcrafting. From 92.0 to GM I banked all the logs for future Carpentry training.

For reference I chopped 60,346 logs from 92.0 to GM.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Kasper_Valentine wrote:Image

double click axe
pause .80
...as this made the whole process a lot less painful. Although the post that quote is from is dated as 2009 so I dare say the kudos may fall on deaf ears.

Nonetheless, I reached 92.0 Lumberjacking via chopping trees to GM Bowcrafting. From 92.0 to GM I banked all the logs for future Carpentry training.

Congratulations! Do you have an approximation of how many axes you went through during the process?

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

Bixby Legbone wrote:
Kasper_Valentine wrote:Image

double click axe
pause .80

Congratulations! Do you have an approximation of how many axes you went through during the process?
rough estimate is 250-300

(100,000 boards / 10 logs per chop ) / 40 chops per axe = 250

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

I'll have to check my main Eastwood later, lumberjacking was the first skill I GM'd on this server and I fondly remember watching TV, drinking beers, and chopping away for hours at a time. It's pretty boring now, but a safe way to get a start when the server had a much bigger population.

I think it's still written down in my character scroll but I think it took well over 100,000 logs to GM lumberjacking. I didn't sell a single piece of wood until I GM'd the skill, and at the time they sold for around 3gp a piece. I still use that character but I ditched lumberjacking a long time ago.
Catskills 97-99

Kasper_Valentine

Post by Kasper_Valentine »

Monty has GM Tinkering so I'd just knock them out on the fly and I was always surprised by how long one axe would last (compared to shovels when mining). Unfortunately I didn't keep track of the exact number I used but I think Missy B's estimation of 250-300 is pretty close to the mark.

Now to start Carpentry... Image

randale

Post by randale »

Is there any macro that can also incorporate movement into it (or gathering any other resources?) What if you want to macro with 3 toons at once?

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

randale wrote:Is there any macro that can also incorporate movement into it (or gathering any other resources?) What if you want to macro with 3 toons at once?
I used to play a server where you could chop from within the house. I so build a small with trees all around. Recorded a macro
to walk the perimeter of the house and chop and drop logs as I went. It worked well, but with limited steps and those steps only.

I've done it [GM'd LJ] on 2 chars at a time. Though I would have to move each char when the tree runs dry, change target to type, so as long as the tree will product, the macro will run. I picked a certain forested area to chop in, used the 3rd accts to move the logs. I had to chop the logs to boards with a macro at a different time. Restocking logs/chop/drop to selected location macro.

I'm not sure you will be able to go full on auto. That area had low spawn/low traffic, but I would have to kill a few mobs. So you will
have to tend it to a degree.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I’ve never fully automated lumberjacking, but I take advantage of mechanics as much as I can. The trees are laid out mostly with a north/south alignment. I use target relative location on the west side. Then I can simply take a few steps south/north to get the next tree in one straight line. You can go for a LONG time before needing need to move more than just south or just north. You can get thicker trees in t2a but I much prefer the normal world and the lazily coded trees all in a straight line.

The only time it doesn’t work is if a log or rock is spawned on same tile as the tree. The fix is just to move a couple more steps to the next tree. There is a weight check in there when weight gets above 380, then you turn the wood into boards. Essentially all I have to do between trips to the bank is add a hatchet or move from tree to tree. The hatchet replacement part is easily automated, I was just never lazy enough to automate it.

You could theoretically automate this where if you get the “you can’t use an axe on that”, then move south 1. You would stop at every step and hack once so it would be a lot of wasted time hacking in between each actual tree. You would almost have to AFK it to make all that lost time worthwhile if you did this which is not allowed. I’d recommend just using a standard macro and walk to each tree manually. I’m not fan of lumberjacking, but it is tolerable.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

randale

Post by randale »

morgan1109 wrote:I’ve never fully automated lumberjacking, but I take advantage of mechanics as much as I can. The trees are laid out mostly with a north/south alignment. I use target relative location on the west side. Then I can simply take a few steps south/north to get the next tree in one straight line. You can go for a LONG time before needing need to move more than just south or just north. You can get thicker trees in t2a but I much prefer the normal world and the lazily coded trees all in a straight line.

The only time it doesn’t work is if a log or rock is spawned on same tile as the tree. The fix is just to move a couple more steps to the next tree. There is a weight check in there when weight gets above 380, then you turn the wood into boards. Essentially all I have to do between trips to the bank is add a hatchet or move from tree to tree. The hatchet replacement part is easily automated, I was just never lazy enough to automate it.

You could theoretically automate this where if you get the “you can’t use an axe on that”, then move south 1. You would stop at every step and hack once so it would be a lot of wasted time hacking in between each actual tree. You would almost have to AFK it to make all that lost time worthwhile if you did this which is not allowed. I’d recommend just using a standard macro and walk to each tree manually. I’m not fan of lumberjacking, but it is tolerable.
I'd like to gather resources with all 3 toons at once here, which is ok as long as you are not doing it unattended.