Question on Blacksmithing

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Ole Dusty

Question on Blacksmithing

Post by Ole Dusty »

Hey there I have tried pretty much every one's on here suggestions for blacksmithing guides. im at 89.5 smithing shown / 88.4 real and have tried to use plate gorgets and long spears for skill. im making both pretty easily with no skill gains at this point and both are marked pretty high up on being used at about my skill. has anyone recently gmd smithing and can tell me what they did for these last points to gm? thanks and have a great day!

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Question on Blacksmithing

Post by morgan1109 »

I did spear until 99 about a month ago. I had pretty good gains on them from 88 on. At 99 it got REAL slow with the spears, so I switched to plate chests and hoarded a good chunk of the exceptional plate chests for future use/sale.

I'm sure you've done it, but make sure you aren't at the 700 skill cap or have at least one skill with points in it pointed downward. otherwise I would advise patience. There is a random number generator behind whether you get a point or not. Sometimes you'll hit streaks of 2 or 3 gains in a row, and a streak of no gains for a painfully long time. Hang in there. Loop in some gloves or something on occasion. It likely doesn't help, but it makes me feel better in those long stretches that I am at least trying to end it.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Ole Dusty

Post by Ole Dusty »

hey thanks for the reply, I went and mined about 2.5k ingots and working with them now doing long spears,im finally up to 89.3 skill and gaining. whew! and ill try your example as it seems to be one of the more common ones.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

if you need some ingots just holler. I've always got 10K or so sitting around. I'll let them go for below market prices to get you the coveted gm (say 4.5 per).
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Ole Dusty

Post by Ole Dusty »

awesome! I sure will and thanks for that offer! right at 92 skill now lol.. HOPEFULLY it wont be too much longer!

Ole Dusty

Post by Ole Dusty »

ok I am now at 94.8 and could use what ever ingots youd be willing to sell now? im in game as Ole Dusty in Britain either around the bank or the Blacksmithy on north side of town near the graveyard thanks!

thejavabuddha

Post by thejavabuddha »

I have about 5k if you want them. I would sell them at 5/each.
Arhat - GM Dexxer
Alister - GM Mage
Calvin Klein - GM Blacksmith
Thom - GM Bard
IKEA - Crappy Carpenter

Ole Dusty

Post by Ole Dusty »

I wish I could but at this time I am now completely broke and seemingly stuck at 98.0 skill. =(

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

Don't worry about it. The difference between a exceptional plate helm made by a normal smith and a GM smith is simply that the GM can put his makers mark on it. Nobody buys a full plate suit, so once you reach the mid 90's you can create everything exceptional that you need too with a decent chance of an exceptional. getting to GM just increases your chances (lower ingot usage per piece) of an exceptional, so its not a big deal.

It mainly just makes you feel better (vanity) to see your name on the armor.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Return to “Guides”