Stat gain

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Kazuq

Stat gain

Post by Kazuq »

So after reading the wiki about stat gain and other posts I was able to get my stats to 225 very quickly. This is faster if you have enough gold, but is doable with just the 100g you start with.

Step 1: Set ALL skills to ^
Step 2: Buy or macro misc skills until your real skill total has reached 700. Keep the skills in the list below as close to 0.0 as possible. You can set them to decline while buying macro'ing if they are not 0.0 already.
Step 3: Lock all skills
Step 4: Set the skills you have chosen to use for stat gain to increase ^ (see list below for best skills)
Step 5: Find 6 to 10 other skills that are easy to buy or macro again later and set them to decrease
Step 6: Macro the good skills until stat gain has slowed to a crawl or capped. Remember to lock your stats as they reach the level you want.
Step 7: If you are not max stats, then lock your stat gain skills. Choose the ones that you will continue macro'ing for stats and set them to decrease. Ex. if INT is not maxed yet, set herding and spirit speak to decrease.
Step 8: Go buy or macro the skills you set to decrease in step 5. Buy or macro until step 7 skills are back to 0.0.
Step 9: Repeat steps 5, 6, 7, and 8 until stats are maxed the way you want them.

1. STR: Camping/Herding/Mining
2. DEX: Snooping/Musicianship/Camping
3. INT: Herding/Camping/Spirit Speak

I heard there was a cap on the amount of skill points you could get from training with NPCs, but I did not reach that cap, if it exists. It cost me about 6500g to train skills to 700 and I had already macro'd camping, cooking, herding, and spirit speak to 50-90. I think my real skill was about 460 when I started.

I hope this is useful. I will try a scratch toon after I get more gold.

Edit: Thought about it after I posted this, but you can start macro'ing from the stat increase skills until gain is really slow, then work through steps 1-9 above. Then you will be closer to the skill cap. Herding will cost 24g I think for a crook, and SS is free. Assuming you want 100s/25d/100i. You could swap SS for musicianship or snooping if you want high dex.
Last edited by Kazuq on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bixby Legbone

Re: Stat gain

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Kazuq wrote:So after reading the wiki about stat gain and other posts I was able to get my stats to 225 very quickly. This is faster if you have enough gold, but is doable with just the 100g you start with.

Step 1: Set ALL skills to ^
Step 2: Buy or macro misc skills until your real skill total has reached 700. Keep the skills in the list below as close to 0.0 as possible. You can set them to decline while buying macro'ing if they are not 0.0 already.
Step 3: Lock all skills
Step 4: Set the skills you have chosen to use for stat gain to increase ^ (see list below for best skills)
Step 5: Find 6 to 10 other skills that are easy to buy or macro again later and set them to decrease
Step 6: Macro the good skills until stat gain has slowed to a crawl or capped. Remember to lock your stats as they reach the level you want.
Step 7: If you are not max stats, then lock your stat gain skills. Choose the ones that you will continue macro'ing for stats and set them to decrease. Ex. if INT is not maxed yet, set herding and spirit speak to decrease.
Step 8: Go buy or macro the skills you set to decrease in step 5. Buy or macro until step 7 skills are back to 0.0.
Step 9: Repeat steps 5, 6, 7, and 8 until stats are maxed the way you want them.

1. STR: Camping/Herding/Mining
2. DEX: Snooping/Musicianship/Camping
3. INT: Herding/Camping/Spirit Speak

I heard there was a cap on the amount of skill points you could get from training with NPCs, but I did not reach that cap, if it exists. It cost me about 6500g to train skills to 700 and I had already macro'd camping, cooking, herding, and spirit speak to 50-90. I think my real skill was about 460 when I started.

I hope this is useful. I will try a scratch toon after I get more gold.

Thanks for making this guide!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I never do this. If I did do this I would buy skills to around 600 and juggle only camping herding and snooping.

If you wanted strength and intelligence high in this manner for example I would do camping, herding, camping and that should get you to 100/25/100 easy.

Camping raises all stats but is the fastest way to gain intelligence...so its a good skill to come back to to raise it. Start with this, end with this. (* its a good habit to start with 60 intel on anyone you want to GM magery with even if you plan on dropping it later)

Unless you ress in statloss, there really is no reason to get perfect stats before training. Wherewith you can juggle these three skills mentioned with the already available points due to that loss. If you are not in statloss you just need your stats to be high enough to efficiently and safely macro your skills. You are sure to get them where you want them without wasting too much time.

(the reason you do want to do this in statloss prior to training back up is the skills you would be juggling are either time consuming or cost too much to be messing with after the fact and its no guarantee your stats will get back to perfect unless you make them perfect at the get go)
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

newb dagger + tree = kindling for camping/225 √9 > 25, 100, 100 (lock down whatever you want at any time) and is FREE.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

The buying from NPCs to stat cap is what I do, but my way is faster. About 15 minutes to max out your stats once you're done buying skills.

I make sure to keep 0.0 camping. Once I'm at skill cap, I adjust my STAT arrows so STR/INT/DEX is pointing the right way for what I want to gain.

Then I take more gold, and some kindling, to an NPC near a bank. I set my skill arrows so I can gain from 0.0 camping to 10.0 camping.

Then I buy a skill for 100gp, and am at 0 camping again.

Then you raise up to 10.0 camping again. Camping raises all of the stats so it just matters what arrows are pointing up. Snooping is slightly better if you want to gain dex though. Camping and snoop are the best because they fly up to 10.0 skill in a matter of seconds with no skill timers, only object delay.

Since you get a chance to gain a stat when you increase your skill this is the fastest way to gain stats. It doesn't matter how high your stat is it will gain just as fast at 25 or 95. It only matters how LOW your skill is (lower = better).
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

How much do you think it would cost total that way for 100/25/100 stat points including buyout cost and each time camping gets to ten?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

I have never maxed out skills to train stats. Herding/camping works just fine for int/str/dex. You will
have to lock all the other skills to control the toggle. Some chars builds I would just do
herding till it maxed, then with training eval/magic etc. Int will max, then if I still needed str, by then
herding is back to 0, work it a bit for rest.

I believe there is already a thread on this somewhere. Mostly likely in Pirul's posts.

Shouldn't really cost you anything but setup time and a crook.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:How much do you think it would cost total that way for 100/25/100 stat points including buyout cost and each time camping gets to ten?
Not much, like 2500-3500gp
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Return to “Guides”