Guide : Provocation

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
sk8nomad
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Guide : Provocation

Post by sk8nomad »

this skill is horribly slow, including being pked multiple times, and d/cing, i have been doing this for 3 days. I started at 50 and now i am 86. I highly suggest starting this skill at 50.

Starting to wonder if I should just start training other skills and finishing it later.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

sk8nomad wrote:this skill is horribly slow, including being pked multiple times, and d/cing, i have been doing this for 3 days. I started at 50 and now i am 86. I highly suggest starting this skill at 50.

Starting to wonder if I should just start training other skills and finishing it later.
It takes nearly 3 full days of macroing 24/7. Can't remember exactly but I've done it on multiple characters in my house 24/7 without any hiccups, maybe 2 and a half days minimum.

86 skill = 86% to provoke (assuming GM music), if you really want to get farming you could up your magery to a reasonable level (even 70 is reliable for decent heals/recalling/reflect) and you'd be making cash in no time.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Actually, 86 provo + 100 Music = 93% chance of provo.

I believe the calc is: (provo+music)/2
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

no the calculation is a random roll of a percentile dice against your music and provoke individually
Peacemaking and Enticement work like that formula
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

For once I agree with archaic about something... music is rolled first and your chance to play successfully is just your music skill (GM = 100% chance). If successful a 2nd roll checks your provo skill, so GM music and 86 provo = 86% chance to provoke anything.

It has been stated somewhere on the forums as being (music + provo)/2 = success, but that's incorrect. That would infer a 50% chance to provo with 100 music and 0 provoke, which is absolutely not the case.

The actual formula used is [Music%] * [Provo%] = [Success%]
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

If you're postive you should update the wiki: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Provocation

Death By Music

Post by Death By Music »

And just throwing it out there, you're still wasting time in general. For a Macro, it should look more like this

Use Skill: Provocation
Wait For Target
Absolute Target (target first creature)
Wait For Target
Target Self
For 1 - 20
Double Click (instrument)
Pause 500 ms
End For

and have that on loop. That way, while waiting for the provoke timer to cool off, you're playing your instrument. Make sure it's a newbied or have about 8 of a single instrument.

That's personally what I did and got board of waiting so went to provoke dragons and such. After a day or so I ended at 97 Music and 60 something provoke. Just an idea and corrections on the marcos

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

A couple of precisions to make your macro more efficient:

(1) Item delay is 1s, soooo, your For loop should be 10 with 1s pauses.
(2) Cool down timer on fails is 5s instead of 10s, soooo you should have an If Sys Message "fail" -> For loop 5, else -> For loop 10.

Return to “Guides”