Guide : Provocation

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
uoparanoid

Re: Guide : Provocation

Post by uoparanoid »

Hello there, I am currently training provoking, I see this thread was made some time ago and its referenced to provoking the Dire wolf in Moonglow zoo, the dire wolf is no longer there, will I gain the same rate from provoking a timber wolf as that of a Dire wolf.

Appreciate it if anyone could clarify this ^_^ thanks!.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Yes, all creatures have the same difficulty to provoke, and thus all of them give the same skill gains.

anenergyvortex

Post by anenergyvortex »

Mikel123 wrote:Yes, all creatures have the same difficulty to provoke, and thus all of them give the same skill gains.
I recently GM'd using a cat

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

For anyone still having problems where they randomly get the message "Can't incite that" during their macro: add a Clear target queue command before your waits. Mine looks like this:

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3763|True
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|22
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|1|154187|4499|1370|23|211
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1195|
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|fails
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05.5000000
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10

Code: Select all

Double Click (instrument)
Pause .50sec
Use Skill Provo
Pause .50sec
Absolute Target
Pause .50sec
Exec:Target Self
Pause .50sec
Exec: Clear Target Queue
If (SysMessage "fails")
Pause 5.50sec
Else
Pause 10sec
Rinse and repeat.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Heckler

Post by Heckler »

great makro and zoo is just fine for macroing provo.

been there now a few days.

from 0-90 it was more or less a rush in 2 days. 90-99 took me another 2 and i hope ill be gm by tomorrow i get a steady 0.1 every 2 hours now xD

and btw by 2 days i mean 2 whole days ive been macroing straight, with maybe a total downtime of 8 hrs during these days -.-'

Skully

Post by Skully »

2 daYS of macro provo music and eval at glow zoo, 76 eval, 99 music, 26.6 provo . I am provo gorilla to attack me playing instrument and eval on the gorilla. besides losing conn and getting pked everything is going good it just seems like the provo gains are really slow. I hoped to be higher than this by now.

Blood

Post by Blood »

Skully wrote:I am provo gorilla to attack me
Provocate the gorilla to attack another animal. I have 2 gm music/provo and it went fast and without issues.

Hope it helps.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Skully wrote:2 daYS of macro provo music and eval at glow zoo, 76 eval, 99 music, 26.6 provo . I am provo gorilla to attack me playing instrument and eval on the gorilla. besides losing conn and getting pked everything is going good it just seems like the provo gains are really slow. I hoped to be higher than this by now.
You can GM music in about 8 hours, there's your first problem. A check in the provocation skill is only made when your instrument is successfully played. With 100 musicianship, you will gain provo a lot faster. The instrument should be played as often as possible in your macro until music is GMed.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Skully

Post by Skully »

my music is gm now hopefully the gains in provo will pick up, I am now at 49.7 provo . How long should it take to gm from this point?
and I see where someone posted to get the animal to attack another animal , will this make a difference if I do this instead of provoking the animal to attack me? thx for the input guys.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I don't think the target of the provo really matters. Also, remember that fails only require a 5 sec pause, while successes require a 10 sec pause. Be sure to include that in your macro, it'll save you some decent time.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Derrick wrote:[*]Even at GM there is still a chance of failure.
and
Derrick wrote:Chance to provoke = (Music + Provo) / 2
Can not both be true.

Jayrich

Post by Jayrich »

at 100 + 100 gm provo and music you have a bout a 1% chance to fail

i play my bard and i RARELy fail

Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Jayrich wrote:at 100 + 100 gm provo and music you have a bout a 1% chance to fail

i play my bard and i RARELy fail
Well there is a (100% + 100%)/2 chance that I think it doesn't make sense to post a formula that is inaccurate.

Jayrich

Post by Jayrich »

so in your world nathaniel bards who have gm music and provo should have no chance to fail

should also mages with full eval and magery have no fails too

1% chance is very low to fail if you are playing a bard with gm music and gm provo you will probably fail once in a days worth of farming.

not really all that bad. as a mage even on my gm character i fail gate maybe 10% of the time or resurrection maybe 1/4 of the time lol

so 1% to fail provo is very small just saying :D

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

i have never seen a fail that wasn't caused by misclicks

jayrich your argument is totally irrelevant to what nathaniel said. is isn't saying whether you should or shouldn't fail, he is simply stating that the formula given by derrick shows a 100% chance of provo, whereas derrick also stated there is a small chance of failure.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Return to “Guides”