From 0 to Grandmaster Detect hidden in 37 minutes.

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Wonko the Sane

Re: From 0 to Grandmaster Detect hidden in 37 minutes.

Post by Wonko the Sane »

I can always find ways to stop EVs using tables, but I don't know how to stop someone from popping it with telekinesis. Since you would need to see it to target it, you'd be able to pop it no matter what.

So, I'm going to test it out and see how much time it takes, but I might end up selling trapped chests on the vendor for a low low low price. So to ensure no one pops my one visible chest, buy one off the vendor. I'm gonna test this out now.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

Do you need to target a box or is it ok to target next to the stack?

I filled a crate up with 125 trapped crates then broke the crate where i wanted them, the old skool way. they all stack into a single box nice and tidy but ive found the gains very very slow maybe even better detecting players at a bank..this is at 43 got to 40 at bank within 20 mins.

EDIT
you can target next to the stack.

Right just to update this, you cant detect trapped chests below about 50.1. and your detect range goe up a title every 10 points.

so under 50 detecting chests is really slow gains since you have little or no chance or detecting it ...nothing to do with you detecting a bigger range.

You best to go to a busy bank with people learning hiding along with many gm hiders and macro there till you hit 51, then do chest in a house.

once i hit 50 something I got a 3.2 gain then flew to gm in about 15-20 mins. To be most effiective do the old box trick to get all the chests on a single tile.

Oggog

Post by Oggog »

If you are not going to use the Remove Trap Skill, once you have GMd lockpicking is detect hidden wasted skill points in terms of opening chests?

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

Oggog wrote:If you are not going to use the Remove Trap Skill, once you have GMd lockpicking is detect hidden wasted skill points in terms of opening chests?
I had remove trap and dropped it after thinking about it. yes you can remove trap undetected but stepping back works in dungeons and I took tracking instead of remove trap, I make sure now no one is around before I pop the trap but I kept detect hidden because it's so useful for finding your chests (recall in throw a detect u know what chests aren't picked) and checking for pks.

as far as using it on a chest it's unless once you hit gm lockpicking.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Oggog wrote:If you are not going to use the Remove Trap Skill, once you have GMd lockpicking is detect hidden wasted skill points in terms of opening chests?
For the most part, yes. Even at GM disarm you will fail, a lot, on higher end traps. By far easier to take a step and pop, or take several and telek.

Only time it makes any sense is bulk low end traps, where you will rarely fail, but save time/regs disarming immediately.

Gabriella

Post by Gabriella »

Admittedly this is slower, but still fast as far as skill gains go. I train for free in the trapped crate room on the first floor of the warrior's guild in Britain. It is the stone building north of the road as you run from Brit bank and the stables. Just west of the bridge.
Attachments
Viashina_7-14_05.08.jpg

Workdawg

Post by Workdawg »

Just FYI, for people reading this looking to raise skill... you need to be above 50 detect hidden to detect trapped chests. So you'll need to macro at a bank or something where people are hiding until then.

That part will take quite a while.

Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

Workdawg wrote:Just FYI, for people reading this looking to raise skill... you need to be above 50 detect hidden to detect trapped chests. So you'll need to macro at a bank or something where people are hiding until then.

That part will take quite a while.
I've never had 50 detect hidden, and GM'ed it overnight on a number of characters macroing in the house Wonko set up outside Skara Brae. viewtopic.php?f=45&t=38380 You don't need 50 to raise skill detecting traps, it just takes longer.

Workdawg

Post by Workdawg »

Ozzy wrote:I've never had 50 detect hidden, and GM'ed it overnight on a number of characters macroing in the house Wonko set up outside Skara Brae. viewtopic.php?f=45&t=38380 You don't need 50 to raise skill detecting traps, it just takes longer.
I stand corrected... my bad. I tried doing it on 25 chests in my house for like 25 minutes without a single gain. People in IRC said you needed to be above 50, and it made sense, so I thought I would post up.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

unless it has been changed you NEED 50.1 detect before you can even attempt detecting a trap. you won't gain below that and it's a waste of time.

detect at bank for 20-40 mins till you hit 50.1 then hit chests for 20 mins to GM.

there's many detect houses spotted about.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Yeah you need 50.1 to do the "range" check and gain via this method now. It was changed or something shortly after posting this guide iirc. Says so on the first page. Maybe I will edit the first post

Afroshacks

Post by Afroshacks »

Utilizing this guide as I type here. Wish I'd have started at 50 but since not here we go.
Thanks for allowing the public to use this setup.
:wink:
The older the Bull, the Stiffer the horn...

IRC: Afroshacks

alex7266

Post by alex7266 »

Started at 24 bought Detect Hidden. I'm slowly gaining skill on a gm trapped box on the floor inside a house i do not own, co-own or am a friend of.
The chest is full of gm trapped chests but i do not believe you have the range to detect those until you hit 51 DH.
I'll find out shortly...

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

It takes a bit to get it going at that range. You could make a 50 tinker throw away character and have him trap a dozen boxes or so. Once you hit 50ish, the numbers really start flying from a dozen Gm trapped boxes. I'm to lazy to make 40-100 of them :D. A dozen will get you there in a couple of hours.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

alex7266 wrote:Started at 24 bought Detect Hidden. I'm slowly gaining skill on a gm trapped box on the floor inside a house i do not own, co-own or am a friend of.
The chest is full of gm trapped chests but i do not believe you have the range to detect those until you hit 51 DH.
I'll find out shortly...

The house in this thread still exists! once you hit 51 it will GM detect hidden in 5 minutes.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=38380

You're welcome
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey