From 0 to Grandmaster Detect hidden in 37 minutes.

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
ArchaicSubrosa

Re: From 0 to Grandmaster Detect hidden in 37 minutes.

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Okay excuse my ignorance, but detecting hidden is for more then just finding hidden or invisible people right? It's for passages and traps too, am I correct?

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

ArchaicSubrosa wrote:Okay excuse my ignorance, but detecting hidden is for more then just finding hidden or invisible people right? It's for passages and traps too, am I correct?
Correct, you can detect trapped boxes with the skill.

Project Pat

Post by Project Pat »

just curious... could this work just as well with magic trap spell??

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Project Pat wrote:just curious... could this work just as well with magic trap spell??
I dont think so but I can check for you....

Edit: No it does not work with magic trap

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

how high does this skill need to be to be effective in gameplay?

surely not all the way to 100, would 70 or so work well enough to detect gm trapped chest reliably?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I'm not 100% sure, but I think in regards to detecting trapped chests, the skill is measured as a percentage. A skill of 90, would then detect a trap 90% of the time. I suppose if you wanted to wait the delay to use the skill multiple times a lower value would be okay.

However, for detecting hiders, the skill is compared to the players hiding. if your attempting to unhide a 0hiding-mage that cast invis, a small amount of skill is needed. If you are gm, and the hider is gm, then you have roughly a 50% chance to reveal.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Update on this: still works great once you get past 50 detect hidden. I used 10 GM trapped boxes, was getting at least .1 up to .8 skill gain per attempt. The higher your skill, the higher your detect radius, so have the boxes as close as possible (you can also place all the trapped boxes inside a box, then use an axe on the box to have them all drop to a single tile, directly on top of each other (not stacked).)
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Stacked works fine too; I had a stack of 6 I believe, and I GMed in a few hours. Up until 50 it's pretty slow - just like macroing at a bank. Above 50 is where the area effect kicks in, and it skyrockets.

Baldamier

Post by Baldamier »

I have 35 boxes stacked 5x7. Easily detects all traps for mega gains.

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

Can you place a trapped chest inside of another chest? If so, why couldn't you just make 125 trapped chests, place them inside of a chest on your floor, then break that chest open? You would effectively have 125 trapped items on a single tile.

If this isn't possible, ignore my post.

Krats

Post by Krats »

nickhimself wrote:Can you place a trapped chest inside of another chest? If so, why couldn't you just make 125 trapped chests, place them inside of a chest on your floor, then break that chest open? You would effectively have 125 trapped items on a single tile.

If this isn't possible, ignore my post.
That would work
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

Yeah, so I tested my idea out. I created a new character with 50 detect and brought him to my house.

At my house, I had 125 trapped chests stacked on a single tile.

I went from 50 - GM detect in 71 attempts.

Really pointless, but if you filled a 7x7 with trapped boxes (125 of which made at 30 tinkering, 125 made at 50, 125 made at 75) I think you could GM Detect in just a couple attempts. I'd be really interested to see exactly how easily it could be attained.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

If you had 125 trapped chests on the exact same spot, how would you then move them without killing yourself? I mean, when you GM, you need to then get rid of them somehow. what happens when you click on a spot that has 125 GM trapped chests on it? Seems like a potential Chernobyl to me...lol

I was needing to GM detect for my BPD officer and was looking into this method for building quickly, but that seems like a major risk.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

bradleycabbie wrote:If you had 125 trapped chests on the exact same spot, how would you then move them without killing yourself? I mean, when you GM, you need to then get rid of them somehow. what happens when you click on a spot that has 125 GM trapped chests on it? Seems like a potential Chernobyl to me...lol
...click and drag...not double-click.
I gotta admit though, I killed my click-happy self putting mine up. Just make a scavenger agent with a hotbag -- and make sure razor doesn't autosearch containers. :)

Could chop em with an axe -- or put some crap in em and gate to Britain a lot!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Would it be possible to axe boxes full of trapped boxes, and get like 10000 boxes on the same tile? It'd be hilarious to see 0-gm in a single use of the skill. Charge people 20k to insta-gm detect in your home!
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE