From 0 to Grandmaster Detect hidden in 37 minutes.

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Atraxi

Re: From 0 to Grandmaster Detect hidden in 37 minutes.

Post by Atraxi »

nightshark wrote:Would it be possible to axe boxes full of trapped boxes, and get like 10000 boxes on the same tile? It'd be hilarious to see 0-gm in a single use of the skill. Charge people 20k to insta-gm detect in your home!
I don't know what the item limit is on a large crate or something like that, but I do know that any locked down box in your home has a 125 item max with unlimited weight, except for secure containers which have 125 item max with, I think, a 400 stone max weight.

So if you stack 6 crates on top of one another, lock them down, and fill them up, one spot can have up to 750 trapped boxes stacked to the ceiling. A layer of those completely surrounding you would have 6000 trapped boxes. A second layer around you beyond that would get you 18,000 trapped boxes.

Now, if you can pull this off without blowing yourself up is another story. I would put a rune to outside my front door in my backpack and have a recall scroll or some reagents so i can quickly get out of that death cage. seems like it would be easier to dismantle it after you were done that way.

I don't know, maybe I'm rambling now...lol
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

bradleycabbie wrote:
nightshark wrote:Would it be possible to axe boxes full of trapped boxes, and get like 10000 boxes on the same tile? It'd be hilarious to see 0-gm in a single use of the skill. Charge people 20k to insta-gm detect in your home!
I don't know what the item limit is on a large crate or something like that, but I do know that any locked down box in your home has a 125 item max with unlimited weight, except for secure containers which have 125 item max with, I think, a 400 stone max weight.

So if you stack 6 crates on top of one another, lock them down, and fill them up, one spot can have up to 750 trapped boxes stacked to the ceiling. A layer of those completely surrounding you would have 6000 trapped boxes. A second layer around you beyond that would get you 18,000 trapped boxes.

Now, if you can pull this off without blowing yourself up is another story. I would put a rune to outside my front door in my backpack and have a recall scroll or some reagents so i can quickly get out of that death cage. seems like it would be easier to dismantle it after you were done that way.

I don't know, maybe I'm rambling now...lol
you could alwys open the top crate on the same tile, fill it with 125 more crates, axe that then rinse repeat. the number of boxes on a single tile should be infinite doing that? i did the axe-box when i gmed detect, but that was only with like 10 crates so it wasn't actually necessary, i just did it to keep my house looking tidy :P
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Do the boxes have to be GM trapped? Would a 60 skill tinker make a sufficiently good enough trap to GM?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Pirul wrote:Do the boxes have to be GM trapped? Would a 60 skill tinker make a sufficiently good enough trap to GM?
I'm pretty sure that you need GM trapped boxes to GM detect. I don't know how far you can get with 60% skill, but I don't think you'll be able to GM it.

It's not that hard to get GM traps. Chances are you know someone who can make them for you. If not, you can always buy them. There are players that will make them for a price. Some might just ask for you to provide supplies.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Pirul wrote:Do the boxes have to be GM trapped? Would a 60 skill tinker make a sufficiently good enough trap to GM?
Naw. I used around 60 boxes using dart traps with 70tink or something like that. It takes 2 or 3 to even kill you.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Detect Hidden isn't difficulty-based, I don't think, so tinker level shouldn't matter. You gain faster with 35 chests on top of each other because it's 35 skill checks per use of the skill.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Mikel123 wrote:Detect Hidden isn't difficulty-based, I don't think, so tinker level shouldn't matter. You gain faster with 35 chests on top of each other because it's 35 skill checks per use of the skill.
Thank you, this is what i thought (and wanted to hear :P ).
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

For anyone thinking of using this method, i can tell you from experience.
I started at 24.1 and stacked 38 GM trapped boxes all around me.

It took, maybe 3 hours to get from 24.1 to 51.
After 51, the gain rate skyrocketed and i think I went froom 51 to mid-80s in about 20 minutes.
Around the mid-80s, the gain rate slowed down and it took about 30 minutes to GM.

So, after approx. 4 hours, I now have GM Detect Hidden!

I was so afraid I was gonna mess up and end up peeling my entrails off of the roof...lol

*WARNING!!! Be sure you go to Display/Counters tab in Razor and TURN OFF Auto-search new containers!*

Creame

Post by Creame »

anyone provide me a place with trapped boxes to gain this skills
i need help guys

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

sent a pm with help info. if anyone else needs a place to train detect hidden send me a pm.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Jacka

Post by Jacka »

does this still work?

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Jacka wrote:does this still work?
Yes, very well. You just have to do it in a house that you are not Owner, Co-owner, or friend of.

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Wanted to also confirm this still works very effectively. Decided to give this a shot today. 0-51 is semi slow, so be patient. Once you hit 51 it starts skyrocketing. I used somewhere between 15 and 20 and it took about 1 hour to go from 51 - 100.

Great guide.

My simple little setup:

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4126 ... 131728.jpg
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Hey, I just read this... with my setup, all the trapped chests are out of the line of sight, and therefore can't be targeted directly. If I understand this correctly, targeting a trapped chest directly gives you better gains early on? I'll have to adjust my setup.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Wonko the Sane wrote:Hey, I just read this... with my setup, all the trapped chests are out of the line of sight, and therefore can't be targeted directly. If I understand this correctly, targeting a trapped chest directly gives you better gains early on? I'll have to adjust my setup.
You may be able to set the trapped chests on a locked down table. I can't remember how EV's treat that. You would have to test this first, but perhaps a forge/table barrier with the boxes broken on top of forges/tables.

Another thing that may work is making it so that no tile is targetable with a spell, but you would have to verify that the targeting for Detect Hidden was still valid. I believe this can be achieved simply by locking down a rune/book that is floated over the stuff. Can then name it "Target Here" or something.

Again, just ideas you would have to test.

Lemme know how it works out. :D

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro