Resist or Parry??

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Charon

Resist or Parry??

Post by Charon »

Looking for help deciding which I want more of, mainly a pvm character but wont shy away from pvp, melee fighter with archery for the harder hitting mobs, have 170 points to spare with the other 30 going to magery for recall scrolls...

Looking at 90MR/80Parry
or maybe 85/85??
go for GM in one and 70 in the other? but which one..?

so undecided here, looked over all the resist and parry info and seems I would need higher resist for it to do any good, while parry will still help a little at say around 70-80ish

input is welcome!

liinniejj

Re: Resist or Parry??

Post by liinniejj »

Parry is ONLY usefull if you intend carrying a shield.

so if you dont intend to dontbother with it at all.

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Charon

Post by Charon »

well yeah that was the idea, sword/board for most of my hunting with the use of archery for the greater mobs

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

then gm parry.

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

After seeing Mikel123 tank an ancient wyrm in full plate, with a war axe and no shield, I decided parrying was kind of useless.

Don't want to take a lot of melee damage? Pick up archery instead of parrying.

The way I see it is:

Sword + Shield = 200 skill points, and you still risk taking melee damage
Sword + Archery = 200 skill points, and you can prevent almost all melee damage in a pvm situation

If you're going to fight a lot of monsters at once, then parrying makes sense, but once you've reached the high end of your character, chances are you'll be finding a single tough monster, not a ton of small monsters.

Yes, with parry, you can disarm, keep swinging, and chug a potion, without risking a 100% chance to be hit, but I don't think that alone is a reason to use parry. I would probably take wrestling over parrying still.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I have GM parry on a pvm warrior. It comes in handy if you make more than one pvm warrior but if its your first or only one I say go with resist. Archery is not bad but in this era not greatly effective but resist will save your butt many times, especially when dealing with higher end monsters which tend to be more magic casting than not.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Return to “Guides”