House information: secures, and keys

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

House information: secures, and keys

Post by morgan1109 »

I just want to make sure I have some stuff right. I’ve been reading up about housing.

1. Secure containers are the safest, as they can only be accessed be friends and co-owners correct? Is there a way to a make container only accessible by owners and co-owners (not friends)?

2. Lock down containers can still hold extra stuff but a thief can loot them with lockpicking? I assume it’s not wise to use locked down containers for your stuff unless you build a proper table barrier?

3. Keys need to be made and accessible so you don’t carry a key on you. I assume a tinker can make keys and a key ring? How do you get them to hang outside of your house so you don’t have to carry one on you? I assume you have to use one of your lockdown slots…

4. If you have a private house with a patio, can you put vendors on the patio that people can buy from? I know people use the front steps for vendors mainly. I’m just curious if the patio might work as well.

5. I was confused on the locked doors for additional rooms on public buildings. It sounded like if you started as private and made the keys for your secure room, then made it public, you could have a locked room in a public house. I thought one of the posts said the key disappears when changed to public, so wanted to make sure.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Apocalypse

Re: House information: secures, and keys

Post by Apocalypse »

morgan1109 wrote:I just want to make sure I have some stuff right. I’ve been reading up about housing.

1. Secure containers are the safest, as they can only be accessed be friends and co-owners correct? Yes. Is there a way to a make container only accessible by owners and co-owners (not friends)? No.

2. Lock down containers can still hold extra stuff but a thief can loot them with lockpicking? Lockpicking is not needed. The container is locked down, but the contents are fully accessible to anyone. I assume it’s not wise to use locked down containers for your stuff unless you build a proper table barrier? Proper table barrier should always be utilized.

3. Keys need to be made and accessible so you don’t carry a key on you. I assume a tinker can make keys and a key ring? Yes. How do you get them to hang outside of your house so you don’t have to carry one on you? Been a while, but I believe it's stacking 3 tables and one book (spellbook works), then place key ring on top and "I wish to lock this down". I assume you have to use one of your lockdown slots… Yes.

4. If you have a private house with a patio, can you put vendors on the patio that people can buy from? Vendors can only be placed in public houses. I know people use the front steps for vendors mainly. I’m just curious if the patio might work as well.

5. I was confused on the locked doors for additional rooms on public buildings. It sounded like if you started as private and made the keys for your secure room, then made it public, you could have a locked room in a public house. I believe this is correct. I thought one of the posts said the key disappears when changed to public, so wanted to make sure. Main front door key disappears (I think).

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: House information: secures, and keys

Post by morgan1109 »

Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it.

Eomin
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Return to “Guides”