Magery Gains - Casting versus scrolls

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Magery Gains - Casting versus scrolls

Post by morgan1109 »

This is a fairly simple question. What would give me better magery skill gains? Casting 4th circle at 50, or using 6th circle scrolls? Will it be about the same? Scrolls lower the difficulty of casting, but does it then by nature lower the skill gain by the same amount or not? If I can get better gains off of 6th circle scrolls I would likely do that, but not sure how much of a difference it would make.

The reason I ask is I’m bringing up a provo treasure hunter and he’s pretty much field ready except for magery. I’ve done enough grinding with him, so I don’t wish to just bank cast all day. I’d like it to raise it naturally in the field. I’ve got a scribe so I can crank out the energy bolt scrolls if it will help me gain faster. I’ll probably end up doing it some just because lightning bolt is fairly lack luster in damage compared to Ebolts. I want to get his magery up to the point I can cast EV’s pretty regularly off scrolls so I can start doing some serious hunting.

Thanks,

Eomin
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Magery Gains - Casting versus scrolls

Post by dren »

This is a good question, and I don't currently know the answer so I'm ressing this topic.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Magery Gains - Casting versus scrolls

Post by dren »

Looks like the answer lies here in the wiki, so it can be treated as if you were casting that circle for gaining e.g.
wiki.uosecondage.com wrote: Casting from Scrolls

When casting a scroll, the game treats that scroll as if it were 2 spell Circles lower in order to determine chance of failure. (For example, if a player were to cast the 8th Circle spell Resurrection from a scroll in order to restore a fallen comrade to life, that player would have to be able to cast 6th Circle spells and would have a chance to cast that scroll equal to his success rate of castng spells of the 6th Circle.) The amount of Mana normally required for spells of the same Circle of the scroll is consumed during the casting of a scroll, regardless of success.

[..]

Gaining Magery without Resisting Spells

0-30 : Training from NPC Mage (costs 200-300 gold)
30-40 : Cast Third Circle
40-55 : Cast Fourth Circle
55-65 : Cast Fifth Circle
65-80 : Cast Sixth Circle
80-95 : Cast Seventh Circle
95-100 : Cast Seventh or Eighth Circle
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Magery#Casting_from_Scrolls

Return to “Guides”